Respect For Jamie Varner

EpicFail

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He gets a lot of shit here but he put on a great performance again and beating a guy most thought he wouldn't.
He seems to have grown a lot. Keeping his mouth shut, being more humble and just putting it all on the line.
I am turning into a fan.
Respect!

Truth, been a fan for a while, I'm glad he's getting his act together.

Yea, when he returned to the UFC, he came back for real. Great to see.

Good performance, he just need 2 more wins and will be close to the title shot. I got impressed with his victory against Edson Barboza.

I like Varner, he's really great to his fans thats for sure. I'm out in AZ and he's always wanting to grab a bite with someone (if you follow his twitter) or go out for a drink or something. Nice guy and good fighter, glad to see him get the W.

I have to agree with the TS. Also considering how much trash Guillard spoke after the previous time had to be canceled, the result is only poetic justice.

why does varner have a bad rep here? I only watched the title fights on the net from WEC, dont know any of the behind the scenes bs or really anything about the guys personal lives, whats the deal?

verry glad the fight turned out this way.

i have become a big fan of Varner this past year.

Fucking right man, I've been waiting for Varner to get the respect he deserves for years. Very happy to see people warming up to him.

Great performance and great fight last night. He and Guillard put it all out there, even though they clearly were a little off because of the week delay.

The ending of the fight was great, they were both just happy they had put on a good fight. I loved seeing that. Guillard was like "damn man that butt drop was awesome!"

haha

I thought he was done when he lost a fight right before a championship fight in another org. He has been on a tear lately.

i enjoy Varners fights....I thought he would have taken it much easier as Melvin seemed like he wanted to stay far away from mixing things up....

Also Varner was just very sick....Even if its a 28-28 hour virus....your body is sore as hell for a few days puking all day and then having to train and cut weight,,,must have been tough,,,decent fight though..

why does varner have a bad rep here? I only watched the title fights on the net from WEC, dont know any of the behind the scenes bs or really anything about the guys personal lives, whats the deal?

He bs'd his way to a dq win against Cerrone in his first WEC title defense. And he was just kinda of an annoying guy. Always discrediting guys skills then gets blasted.

he hasnt opened his mouth in a while and hes had a good comeback

would be funny if he said something annoying again and everyone turns on him - right now, his stock is high

glad he turned things around. He seemed like a spoiled baby in the wec now he is fighting to his potential.

He still needs to learn to shut up in my opinion. But he is getting better with it

The man is a beast for sure. Nasty double-leg, great hands, good head movement, big power, nice subs; he's gonna be top ten soon enough.

Back