Respect Cowboy you shits

Get off your high horse. Cowboys performance was an embarrassment and you know it. Even CM Punk would’ve tried harder than that.

Stop saying Cowboy took a dive.
Stop saying he is a shit fighter.
You don't deserve to call yourself MMA fans.

Mental gymnastics from people who dislike Conor probably. Conor had a terrific win- got Cerrone out of there quickly and took zero damage so Cerrone must have either thrown the thing or was never really good to begin with.

The only argument someone might make is that Cerrone stylistically was tailor-made to lose to Conor and was the easiest fight for Conor among the big names/legends as a return match up. But even that is a cop out because Cerrone is still one of the most dangerous finishers in mma and anything can happen in any given fight.

Cerrone is a legend. I hope he bounces back with a great performance next time out. And he deserves a step down in comp for a potential rebound because he just had to deal with Ferg, Gaethje, and McGregor in a row.

But cannot take away from McGregor's performance there. Impressive stuff.

He took a dive man

That was terrible. He purposefully fought shit and "folded" from a shot he was more than capable of defending or recovering from. Shambles.

I laughed like hell at Anik saying pre-fight that "Cowboy has lots of big wins, he beat Alexander Hernandez" hahahaha.

I was saying well before this fight that Cowboy has always looked like a world beater against the lower tier fighters. Fans got hyped up by that but he's always choked in his biggest fights. His biggest wins are decisions against Eddie Alverez in Eddie's first UFC fight and a WW decision against Bendo when Bendo was on his way out of the UFC. A lot of people thought he lost that and he was still only 1-2 against Bendo. He lost both fights when it actually mattered.

Fuck cowboy no respect for that dive. pathetic loser.

No respect as a fighter anyway. He did not try to survive or fight back for even a split second if he didn't take a dive for money that makes it even worse.

I respect much worse fighters who have any heart.

Get off your high horse. Cowboys performance was an embarrassment and you know it. Even CM Punk would of tried harder than that.

th

He was a warm body for Conor to style on. He's had a great career, but he was beat before the bell rung. His attitude before the fight said it all.

Apparently he's a gigantic asshole when cameras aren't around.

As a Cowboy fan who respects the hell out of him for his career and demeanor, it's absolutely valid to point out that he's gotten weak in many aspects of his game as time has gone on (in addition to flaws he's always had)... he's a gatekeeper. And that's okay.

I think one of the aspects where he's clearly changed is his ability to take punishment. There was a time where maybe you'd light Cowboy up but you'd be really hardpressed to get him out of there with strikes. But now- Masvidal, Till, Gaethje, McGregor. That cumulative damage is adding up.

So suspect, the real Cowboy was in that PS2 promo version of Red Dead they showed.

Funny how less than a year ago some people on this site were actually giving Cowboy a chance against Tony but are now crying fix because Conor killed him, cowboy is a fantastic fighters and a hall of famer imo, but he is not an elite fighter and Conor is, name one elite fighter that Cowboy has beaten...

I'm with you TS.

Cowboy shit the bed again, but Conor also just fought out of his mind.

Cowboy is a legend and I'll always be a fan.

I think I need to leave Sherdog for a while. This shit is getting unbearable.

Remember when fighter bashing was against the rules and would get you carded?

I 'member.

He didn't throw a fucking PUNCH, TS. Respect him for getting his ass kicked, and volunteering to be the guy to fight Conor when literally nobody thought this was a good idea except Conor and the UFC?

Back