Research Study Of Teens States That Apple Computer Is Not Cool Anymore?

Looking at fundamentals it is trading cheap right now.

Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday)

Forward P/E (fye Sep 29, 2014)1:

PEG Ratio (5 yr expected)1:

Management Effectiveness

The profit margins may decline but even if do decrease they still can make a nice return.

Return on Assets (ttm):
23.61%

Return on Equity (ttm):
42.84%

They got a shitload of cash and no debt.

Total Cash (mrq):
29.13B

Total Cash Per Share (mrq):

Total Debt (mrq):

Total Debt/Equity (mrq):
N/A

The iPhone was the first real smart phone circa 2007-2008 and everyone else was a year behind. The iPad was the first real tablet computer 2010 and everyone else was a year behind. It's safe to assume apple tv will do what Netflix and amazon and hulu aren't, let you really use the internet on your tv.

I can definitely see someone try to capitalize the HTPC market. Right now, globs of "smart" devices, with no clear winner. Best bet is a true HTPC which blows away any smart device in terms of functionality, but setting it up can be a real hassle, so it's also a loser.

I've been using a properly configured HTPC for years now, and it beats the pants off of all these little devices, since it's relatively future proof and full featured. If apple does something well, it's reinventing the wheel.

Funny how many people are taking potshots at Apple and those "sheep" teens because Android and the top Android phones are better now. For years iPhones were superior hardware running on by far the superior OS. Newsflash: things change. "Trendiness" is a real and baleful influence on the market, I acknowledge that, but if anything, this article impresses me that teenagers truly are an educated and rational consumer base when it comes to tech. Heaven help us.
They got a shitload of cash and no debt.

Total Cash (mrq):
29.13B

Total Cash Per Share (mrq):

Total Debt (mrq):

Total Debt/Equity (mrq):
N/A
Am I reading this correctly? Have they really spent that much in the last year? I swear that I distinctly remember that they had a $100 billion cash reserve at the end of 2011.

Funny how many people are taking potshots at Apple and those "sheep" teens because Android and the top Android phones are better now. For years iPhones were superior hardware running on by far the superior OS. Newsflash: things change. "Trendiness" is a real and baleful influence on the market, I acknowledge that, but if anything, this article impresses me that teenagers truly are an educated and rational consumer base when it comes to tech. Heaven help us.

Am I reading this correctly? Have they really spent that much in the last year? I swear that I distinctly remember that they had a $100 billion cash reserve at the end of 2011.

Yes they have over 100 billion in cash and no debt but their stock got hammered today. I kinda predicted this from the input I been getting from people close to parts suppliers. I created this thread to point out this problem and how there really is nothing that impresses anymore coming from Apple. They have a ton of cash on hand and need to get back and and use some of that money. They need gesture recognition and an interface that has 3D elements built in for accessing applications.

Apple stock has fallen 14 percent today and wiped nearly 60 billion off their market value today. The stock lost 64 bucks today and the rumor is it could drop under 350 dollars a share or 290 billion market cap. There is really bears running wild on the stock it seems. People seem to blame the new CEO but I believe its more Steve Jobs fault on the product.

I have an Iphone, I know that most the android phones are more powerful and what not but blahh I still love it.

People seem to blame the new CEO but I believe its more Steve Jobs fault on the product.

Da faq you talking about, Steve jobs was their lead innovator, from now on your only going to see the same products with small design changes.

The funny thing was I had owned Apple shares at 7.25 a share and owned 150 shares at the time I sold them when I lost my job back at 2003. Little did I know at the time they would be trading at this high a price. I had to sell them I was out of work and needed some money.

Ouch. That must of been a shitty, sinking feeling you felt only a few years later when those shares became worth a couple high-end new cars and a garage to put them in.

Apple is definitely not cool anymore. It's no longer different, new, or futuristic. It's just another brand.

People seem to blame the new CEO but I believe its more Steve Jobs fault on the product.

Only if you count dying as a fault. Like Apple or not, their success was down to Jobs' leadership.

Apple is overpriced rubbish that is of lesser quality than the competition. We IT folks have been saying this for years; people are just catching on now.

Only if you count dying as a fault. Like Apple or not, their success was down to Jobs' leadership.

Their success was a good marketing strategy and poor public knowledge of their products.

Thats where government grants are going towards?

If you call what hipsters like 'cool'....

That shit was always stupid.

People who liked jumping on trends were stoked.
They also signed up for Google+ when it came out....

They need some more innovation. Do they really think that people are going to buy a new iPhone every year?

Yes they have over 100 billion in cash and no debt but their stock got hammered today. I kinda predicted this from the input I been getting from people close to parts suppliers. I created this thread to point out this problem and how there really is nothing that impresses anymore coming from Apple. They have a ton of cash on hand and need to get back and and use some of that money. They need gesture recognition and an interface that has 3D elements built in for accessing applications.
I read that the 10% drop in after hours trading from the "disappointing" earnings report eliminated $47 billion from their market value. That single day drop is greater than the sum value of Nokia, Research in Motion (Blackberry), and Dell Computer...combined.

ROFL.

I just don't like to pay a lot for something I will break once a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back