Research Study Of Teens States That Apple Computer Is Not Cool Anymore?

I was driving by Apple headquarters a few days ago and saw some tourists taking pictures by the Apple sign in the parking lot :(

With no highly innovative product since the mid 2000's along with their products no longer being an exclusive product I do not doubt they are going by the wayside. When it comes to the iPhone I've known plenty of people who when they really look at it see the iPhone as a very inferior product.

Also mobile music technology is on the back end of the product life cycle so they are not getting that money. The iPhone kind of cannibalized the iPod product.

The iPhone was the first real smart phone circa 2007-2008 and everyone else was a year behind. The iPad was the first real tablet computer 2010 and everyone else was a year behind. It's safe to assume apple tv will do what Netflix and amazon and hulu aren't, let you really use the internet on your tv.

It's next to irrelevant to a half-trillion dollar company what a niche is making faddish for six months in 2013. Apple is an international brand and only scratching the surface of new consumers of every age. I think the same poll showed more kids were using tumblr than facebook, facebook stock is rallying because facebook isn't a fad, it's for everyone.

1349183240961.gif

Somebody with a lot of hipsters around them should keep us updated on who that is.

i live in the mission district of san francisco, so i'll let you know, lol.

The iPhone was the first real smart phone circa 2007-2008 and everyone else was a year behind. The iPad was the first real tablet computer 2010 and everyone else was a year behind. It's safe to assume apple tv will do what Netflix and amazon and hulu aren't, let you really use the internet on your tv.

It's next to irrelevant to a half-trillion dollar company what a niche is making faddish for six months in 2013. Apple is an international brand and only scratching the surface of new consumers of every age. I think the same poll showed more kids were using tumblr than facebook, facebook stock is rallying because facebook isn't a fad, it's for everyone.
It is true that a small demo is not a strong indicator, but overall you can see that the competitors have really established themselves and overall the aura of being an exclusive and premium product is going away. In the case of the iPhone it took a very long time for anyone to catch up and become a real competitor. With the iPad the time for competitors to become a real threat was a lot shorter. As for Apple TV chances are a lot of the things they plan on doing are already available (streaming, internet on your TV, etc.). Now that people see there are very viable alternatives to whatever Apple creates more and more the name Apple will become one of the bunch instead of at the forefront.

I'm on my family plan and have an iphone from a couple years ago. My parents just upgraded to the new iphones and I honestly can't tell the difference. There might be 1 or 2 extraneous new features.

it's all cyclic just wait a while and it will become retro and then a hit again

Apple exploded because the ipod was more jewellery than an mp3 player. Kids didn't just want an mp3 player, they wanted a pink one too. And a black one. Because those were cooler than their white one. Then they had to have the highest gig one after that... in red of course.

Steve Jobs kept the innovation up so nobody could be competitive in the market with them after the sales explosion of the ipod jewellery. They haven't come up with a new innovation yet, and the tablets and phones of other companies are just as good now. Unless they come up with something innovative that other companies can't create in time, say Goodbye Apple.

Also heard Apple had so much inventory because sales weren't up this year that they sold it all to walmart!

Apple exploded because the ipod was more jewellery than an mp3 player. Kids didn't just want an mp3 player, they wanted a pink one too. And a black one. Because those were cooler than their white one. Then they had to have the highest gig one after that... in red of course.

Steve Jobs kept the innovation up so nobody could be competitive in the market with them after the sales explosion of the ipod jewellery. They haven't come up with a new innovation yet, and the tablets and phones of other companies are just as good now. Unless they come up with something innovative that other companies can't create in time, say Goodbye Apple.

Also heard Apple had so much inventory because sales weren't up this year that they sold it all to walmart!

Sales are lower than they hoped but they still have over 50% of the market. Maybe people are not as eager and gullible to upgrade as they were once were.

It's next to irrelevant to a half-trillion dollar company what a niche is making faddish for six months in 2013. Apple is an international brand and only scratching the surface of new consumers of every age. .

dude this is the type of BS a president of apple would say to simply deny whats happening. Those numbers dont indicate a "fadish" it indicates a "tendency" because smartphones are not a "fad" they are machines that will stay here at least for the next 30 years, and the numbers indicate the buying tendency of a critical demographic. Anybody that know anything about marketing would realize that Apple should be extremely worried with a "tendency" like this

"scratching the surface"??? that must the most ridiculous thing Ive heard in a long time.. Apple has already SATURATED the market within their key demographics... scratching the surface where??? yeah Im sure poor people in a third world country have never been sold an Apple, they are just scratching that surface sure... how many iphones do you think that people can buy..... literally ...ZERO

Paying 3 times the value of a product was never cool.

Their phones are pretty much at the same price point as others. The problem is people always felt like Apple put out a superior product and that is features and they don't hold that lead anymore. They need another halo product like when the phone was first released and then the tablet. They need new tech not more of the same they need to come out a new market disruptor.

I bought some shares of AAPL today at 502. The key to their growth (and all other cell phones) will be in the emerging markets. They will also have to keep having people buy new phones every couple years in the US but I think they will play on the idea that their phone, computer and Apple TV will all be in the same ecosystem and linked to try to get people to keep with Apple phones once they have one. That doesn't matter to me much since I don't own an Apple computer or iphone.

I bought some shares of AAPL today at 502. The key to their growth (and all other cell phones) will be in the emerging markets. They will also have to keep having people buy new phones every couple years in the US but I think they will play on the idea that their phone, computer and Apple TV will all be in the same ecosystem and linked to try to get people to keep with Apple phones once they have one. That doesn't matter to me much since I don't own an Apple computer or iphone.

The funny thing was I had owned Apple shares at 7.25 a share and owned 150 shares at the time I sold them when I lost my job back at 2003. Little did I know at the time they would be trading at this high a price. I had to sell them I was out of work and needed some money.

Sales are lower than they hoped but they still have over 50% of the market. Maybe people are not as eager and gullible to upgrade as they were once were.

They have over 50% of th US market, but Android has 75% of the global market.

It was selling for $705 a few months ago. I hope it won't be selling for $305 in a couple months.

You know what this graph says to me? 2 A7s are just as fast as an A15, at half the power (unless that is a semi-log axis).

Look carefully at that graph.

I understand what your saying but this chart does not point out other variables. A15 supports much larger memory space and can run up to 2.5 ghz. There will be other things it will shine at when running floating point and doing things like compression and this chart is a little misleading.

Oh, no! The horror! Where is a hammer so I can smash my iPod?

It was selling for $705 a few months ago. I hope it won't be selling for $305 in a couple months.

dude please dont take this as a insult...but why the hell would you buy shares that have decreased their value in the last months??? unless you work in Apple and know they just invented a phone that cures cancer that is about to come.... why would you do that!!???

dude please dont take this as a insult...but why the hell would you buy shares that have decreased their value in the last months??? unless you work in Apple and know they just invented a phone that cures cancer that is about to come.... why would you do that!!???

Why would you buy shares at their high?

Back