Research Study Of Teens States That Apple Computer Is Not Cool Anymore?

NetGeek

Occupying Sherdog
Reaction score
iphone5.png

A research study on teens and their interest in tech have come out with a conclusion that Apple has lost its position as most wanted tech. There is an opinion that Apple has not kept up technology wise with people like Samsung or even Microsoft. Most students like the lappy design of the new Surface tablet and Galaxy Nexus phone. They are not at all impressed by the iPhone 5 and would rather use a new Android phone.

It seems that Gen X's still love Apple products but are losing out to Android and some Microsoft designed products with teens today. No matter what people think of Microsoft it seems their new stuff has started to peak peoples interest. Pretty much everyone has surpassed Apple's products with performance and features. It looks more and more like Apple's on a me too technology route and has not kept up feature wise. Teens recognize this but Gen X's seem to prefer the simplification of the Apple approach.

My answers to Apples problems not that they will listen LOL.

They need a hardware engineering company yes they can do it themselves but they need it sooner not later. I find their new CPU's are not competing with the new Snapdragon or Samsung Exynos 5 Octa that pairs 4 Cortex-A15 and 4 Cortex-A7 on the same chip. The idea is to switch the Cortex-A15 on an off and only used for heavy lifting the Cortex-A7 does most of the regular work to save power. This new Samsung chip is faster and far more powerful then anything in Apples pipeline.

biglittle2-640x383.jpg

Software Apple needs to go back to the drawing board and revise their interface meaning complete change. They need to get back to the leadership point. They need to look at tech like gesture recognition and facial recognition. They need to look at making a 3 dimensional interface where gestures would allow the interface to work in 3 dimensions. They need to be able to look at the interface from 3 dimensions not just one.

Apple has the resources to get back to the top of the food chain but they need to move. Its not like they are not still the most popular product but sales are slowing and they need to change their plans. Not that everything is bad but they are looking long in the tooth.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57563665-71/apple-is-done-say-teens/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...dly-cuts-iphone-screen-orders-on-weak-demand/

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...splays-low-power-lcds-and-all-new-cpu-designs

Last edited:
Well there you go. I guess it's no longer hip to be square (with rounded corners).

I suppose everyone should sell their Apple stock now. Beginning of the end and all that.

I look forward to the new tech company to hate. Somebody with a lot of hipsters around them should keep us updated on who that is.

Interesting...

Might have to do with the fact that teens may not find their parents particularly "cool" and their parents are probably on apple comps/gadgets... Also they might choose gadgets that their parents may not uderstand... Any thoughts?

Interesting...

Might have to do with the fact that teens may not find their parents "cool" and their parents are probably on apple comps/gadgets... Also they might choose gadgets that their parents may not uderstand... Any thoughts?

^^ This

Also might be that the people have realized that it's not cool to pay for overpriced stuff just because it's cool.

the iphones are not better; but the laptops still i think as an overall design and ease of use are generally superior; unless you like muck around then go with linux

^^ This

Also might be that the people have realized that it's not cool to pay for overpriced stuff just because it's cool.

The halo effect is wearing off. Apple products don't have the same status that has allowed them to demand a premium for their products.

who did the survey and where? i wouldnt be surprised if hardcore techies arent into apple.

You can always hope.

No way.
Overpriced is one of the factors that make something "cool."

No one wants to show off a new gadget and tell everyone how cheap it was.
You show it off so people can be like "damn, I wish I could afford that."

Phone companies are moving away from subsidizing apple. When people go to buy a new iPhone they will think twice when they see how much it really costs.

If I want to buy an iPhone off contract, it costs the same as buying any other top-line smartphone.

The iPhone doesn't have the freedom, customization and usability like Android. The Note 2 blows the IPhone out of the water.

Apples lives and dies with Steve Jobs. Love him or hate him, he was the company.

He founded it, they were great.
He left/got fired/whatever, they started tanking and essentially became a joke amongst the computing world.
He comes back, they launch the whole "i" marketing/branding campaign, they put out OSX, the iMac, the iPod, etc. They skyrocket into being an actual contender again, the "cool" option to Microsoft's "dweeb" offerings and Linux's "nerd" offerings.

Then Jobs dies, and the first thing that happens? Apples home-grown mapping app and how terrible it is at location.

I have yet to pay for an Apple device, despite owning several (4 iPods of various types, two mini, one classic, one touch. Three of which I got from my sister, only one of which she actually paid for herself, the others were contest wins, one I found on the ground at a local park), and I have no interest in starting now.

Apple USED TO BE about innovation, about the latest technology because their leadership used to turn in that direction. Steve Jobs was not "strictly" about business but about moving the company in new directions, about positioning his company with innovation and technology, when people heard the word Apple immediately they relate it with latest technology, that was done through brilliant marketing and because they really were about that.

But now, their leadership IS NOT about innovation anymore, their leadership is SIMPLY ABOUT BUSINESS, simply about making money and how we can get more money, it has taken a couple years for people to realize that, but smarter people already took notice. Of course its obvious that the young kids dont like Apple because they were not concious of this world when Apple used to be about innovation, so all they've seen is Apple the business giant who makes a lot of money, in their minds they never linked Apple with innovation and they never will

I think by the end of this year is going to be obvious to everybody that Apple is not the leader of phones and tablets anymore, and I think in 3-4 years the company is going to be not even one of the top 3 cell or tablet providers, in 5-6 years I see a Google or another big company buying whatever is left of Apple, probably just the logo.... and maybe all this happens even faster

I was driving by Apple headquarters a few days ago and saw some tourists taking pictures by the Apple sign in the parking lot :(

With no highly innovative product since the mid 2000's along with their products no longer being an exclusive product I do not doubt they are going by the wayside. When it comes to the iPhone I've known plenty of people who when they really look at it see the iPhone as a very inferior product.

Also mobile music technology is on the back end of the product life cycle so they are not getting that money. The iPhone kind of cannibalized the iPod product.

Interesting. Cant wait to see what the next big thing will be when it comes to Tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back