Research shows long cardio better than weight training for GH release

So basically combination of cardio and weights compliment each other. Who would have thought of that

Doesnt matter for muscle growth, just because its measurable doesnt mean its noticable.

Point beeing is that GH levels, or Test levels for that sake, will vary but never exceed normal ranges. So as long as it is not superficial levels, gains will not be any different. And it will never surpass and go over the normal range without adding inn outside artificial hormones, also called "teh juice".

So to sum it up, your hormone levels vary throughout the day, but never above or below normal ranges if you are not juicing or have a deficiancy disease. So chill out, dont do marathons and expect to get gains. Same with the myth of squats and hormones...

Every once in a while a post will totally kill a thread. Well done sir.

From what people have said, it makes sense; but damn if I have time to spend 2 hours on a bike or treadmill.

Lol.

I've already seen that video (your original post actually reminded me it, that's why I asked). What he says about variation within the physiological limits having no effect is unfounded and actually is contradicted by the majority of the existing evidence. Not only that, but the very study he refers to directly contradicts his claims (both muscle volume and strength showed a pretty linear correlation to T levels across the board): http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/ajpendo/281/6/E1172.full.pdf

TL;DR: Total T levels are not necessarily the only significant factor (it's clear that they aren't), but suggesting that a 25 yo male having 400 or 900 total T can make no difference in muscle gain is unsupported by existing evidence (and imo entirely unreasonable).

I was under the impression that to actually get any different rate of gains, you have to get to absurdly high levels over what's considered 'normal', but doses like 300mg are known to work (while not recommended or popular), and it's not like 300mg gets your levels way over normal levels - in the study you posted it's 1345 after 16 weeks, though 1 week after the last injection. Still, that's not too far off the levels of someone with naturally high testosterone, because I think 800 or so is not that uncommon.

Maybe I should consider trying to get my testosterone higher, because at 350 it really is pretty low... are there any ways to do this (without using testosterone of course) that have some data backing them up, as far as raising someone's naturally under-average levels?
I've heard good things about eating a high fat diet, caloric surplus, lots of sleep, physical movement, sex, but I don't know to what extent those things have real scientific data to back them up.

Every once in a while a post will totally kill a thread. Well done sir.

Im sorry about that, never my intention. Just see so many articles and supplements supposed to "raise this and that", when the matter of fact is people often obsess about all the potential promised shortcuts and never buckle up, dig deep and do the work.

This was not aimed at anyone in here, but a general basis. I could hav phrased myself less sourpants, sorry about that :)

BREAKING NEWS:

Research shows that random neck beards on sheepdog know more than professional athletes.....

lol

Anytime you have a prolonged period of catabolism, you're going to get GH release. This is really no different than women having jacked up GH levels simply because they shed tissue during their periods.

It isn't really a profound finding, though it may seem like it. Good post though.

I was under the impression that to actually get any different rate of gains, you have to get to absurdly high levels over what's considered 'normal', but doses like 300mg are known to work (while not recommended or popular), and it's not like 300mg gets your levels way over normal levels - in the study you posted it's 1345 after 16 weeks, though 1 week after the last injection. Still, that's not too far off the levels of someone with naturally high testosterone, because I think 800 or so is not that uncommon.

Maybe I should consider trying to get my testosterone higher, because at 350 it really is pretty low... are there any ways to do this (without using testosterone of course) that have some data backing them up, as far as raising someone's naturally under-average levels?
I've heard good things about eating a high fat diet, caloric surplus, lots of sleep, physical movement, sex, but I don't know to what extent those things have real scientific data to back them up.

Mix it all together. Just start railing a tub of crisco, eating it, and taking a nap after. Test will go through the roof.

Back