1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Request a Tech from Takedowns101.com inside this thread

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Delbjj, Apr 12, 2008.

1. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

i loved the armbar technique video.. i saw a similar one on the "Mastering armbars" dvd.

regarding what i'd like to see: high percentage taking the back techniques from any position. backmount ftw!

2. NinjaKilla187 Blue Belt

I would like to request they take all their Judo off of the website since its apparent that they don't actually train Judo.

3. sha Geekjitsu Black Belt

I'd really like to see how to pin the hips effectively to pass butterfly guard. Some guys seem like they can just magically go through your guard, and I can't figure out how they do it.

4. Jimmy Cerra Amateur Fighter

Delbjj, thank you and Ken and Buu and Noah Spear and everyone else for doing these videos!

5. Push White Belt

I would like to know how to finish the triangle when your legs aren't flexible enough to close it and how to defend against stacking when attempting a triangle.

6. FirstNobleTruth Blue Belt

Some clinch takedowns maybe? (Body locks, lateral drops, hip throws, etc)

Thank you very much for all of your videos. I'm working my way through them. I thought it was cool how when I subscribed to their youtube channel (KenPrimo), they subscribed back to mine. Just the little things, you know?

7. jeffskee White Belt

I would really like to see the specifics of the half nelson sweep from guard. Especially on someone who is really strong. Thanks

8. Easto Green Belt

Someone want to help me out here.

The only video I am able to watch is the Tech for April 11, 2008

Are there other vids around?

9. Delbjj Green Belt

10. Delbjj Green Belt

Gotcha, I;m not flexible at all either. Is your problem with people your size or really big people?

11. Push White Belt

It's with people my size and bigger. My problem is I when I try and bring my leg up it won't go high enough on the back so I give myself some space by walking back on my elbows. I can't even work my leg up because I lose control when I back up or I just get stacked.

12. Shemhazai Black Belt

1. No-gi North-South escapes.

2. Omoplata from guard to belly down armbar.

13. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

now that sounds useful. anyone?

14. Prokofievian Gold Belt

Flying gogoplata.

...what?

I'm fuckin serious.

15. Delbjj Green Belt

Pretty sure thats out of Kens area of expertise...... sorry.

16. DaRuckus337 Black Belt

At the risk of sounding boring - DETAILED standing guard passes please! What could be more exciting than excruciating detail on hand position, foot position/footwork, and all the little battles and positional objective needed to execute a proper standing guard pass?

17. pa33 Yellow Belt

I'd like to see some pointers on open guard defense. IE: start from when your opponent has stood up and broken your legs apart - what kind of things do you want to immediately do from open guard to defend the pass? What limbs do you try to control, do you want to have your elbows inside/outside your knees, etc.

Also the reverse would be nice, if you are the guy trying to pass someone's open guard, what methods are effective?

18. Jimmy Cerra Amateur Fighter

You should definitely go and ask Paulson. We did a lot of those at his seminar. (However, we had more time than you guys have - 10 hours over 2 days. (I just went to the 5 hour Sunday one.)

19. Calibur Jiu Jitsu Snob

Their is a triangle choke escape where the escapee stands and steps over the attackers shoulder to escape.

I pretty much taught it too myself after watching some tourney's but I would love to see it properly explained on a video. It would help me get the appropriate position for a follow up.

20. Jimmy Cerra Amateur Fighter

Here's a previous triangle escape from Takedowns 101 from Ken and Buiu: They do not step over the head, but it is still a good counter:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZICPCYalF1w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZICPCYalF1w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here is a triangle choke escape from (a younger) Erik Paulson, where he does step over the head. Erik uses the same hand positioning and good posture as Buiu and Ken. In both cases, you need to hip up and posture up straight (which I don't think is emphansized enough in either video). I actually think he teaches better in person than in his videos.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-5fplW40Gk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-5fplW40Gk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The submissions101 guys also show a step-over-the-head escape here, but they neglect the important details that Ken and Buiu show:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WVwWwfKSJoc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WVwWwfKSJoc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hope that answers your question.