Republicans blatantly attempting (and succeeding) to erase the black vote in Georgia

Dirty politics, not racist. Blacks vote more then 90% Democrat, that is an extremely high correlation. They are trying to disenfranchise democrats and targeting the black community is the most efficient way to do that. The people doing it should go to jail for it but so should the people blocking attempts to track illegals voting.
Part of the reason they want to disenfranchise democrats is because there are a lot of black people voting democrat. Chicken/egg situation if you ask me.

I don't understand how voter ID has become a political issue.

All voter ID does is ensure integrity in our elections.

You're not wrong, but the liberals are going to call you a racist. Apparently black people are too old, out of shape, poor, uneducated, etc to get an ID. They don't have the money (Free ID was included in the NC Voter ID law), the transportation, or the documentation to get to a DMV and go through the ID process.

Also, here's an interesting write-up rebutting the notion that Voter ID Laws make it harder for minorities to vote.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/3/15/14909764/study-voter-id-racism
(link to actual study is here : http://stanford.edu/~jgrimmer/comment_final.pdf)

So anybody who tries to verify ID at a polling station is a racist and should be locked up for hate crimes.

A couple of them were really low, like low double digits but plenty of them were busy. Either way it was enough for them to stay open through a primary and a primary runoff.

'Too low of turnout' would have been an alright argument for that couple of stations. Hard to defend then suddenly pretending it is about ADA regs when they've known they were out of compliance for years and did nothing.

They hired a guy to recommend closings
He made a list
They may or may not close Them all unless I misread the story and they did

To the people saying this might be for budgetary reasons, if there is enough money for an election board, there's enough money for a polling places. One polling station is near a school, if they were that hard up for cash, why not just make the polling station at the school? Voting is quite an important part of our democracy, no? I mean seriously "we don't have enough money to count votes, so we're skipping the election this year".

picard-facepalm.jpg

They hired a guy to recommend closings
He made a list
They may or may not close Them all unless I misread the story and they did

They recently fired him after finding his reccomendations were based on race.

This is the second sentence. Are you looking at a different second sentnce because nothing here says they don't have the money to continue offering the polling stations they've been offering.

"A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs."
Yes impoverished

Can things remain open with no money?

Maybe the community can pool money together to keep it open.

So folks in this county might have to travel, at worst, 15 miles to vote? Oh, the horror.

I have to go that far just to get to Chick-Fil-A and it's damn well worth it.

I'm not sure how that counts as "erasing the black vote".

Last edited:
An accurately written history of this period will note that Republicans effectively launched a coup against our system of government.

Yes because they’re the ones that want to turn America into a third world country and claim it’s diversity, right?

Randolph County has 7,193 people. They voted 43% Trump to 55% for Clinton in 2016. If it's such a Democratic stronghold, why aren't the Democrats in control of the election board?
Because in these areas, political control of these small boards tends to be financial first, political second. Just because it first costs money and time to even get on the ballots. Second, because poor people generally don't have the time to even learn the correct process to get on the ballot. There's no guarantee that those people are Dems, given the demographics of the area - I think it's a fair bet that they're Republicans.

I live around 15 miles from town I Usually go to town every day Its Where i get food and gas and everything else

We used too vote at the local fire department my mom was a Volunteer. there was never a line but now they moved it to town

Yes impoverished

Can things remain open with no money?

That refers to the people living in the area. It says nothing about them not having the money to keep these polls open. Nothing about this story had made that claim.

You just like to make things up.

Glad they knocked this down. When a quarter of your population doesn't have cars then you better have top notch public transportation before you start extending the trip to get to the polls. Even then closing 3/4 of your polling stations is insane.

Yes because they’re the ones that want to turn America into a third world country and claim it’s diversity, right?
nah, the GOP is the party that LITERALLY does what 3rd world Banana Republics do.
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rec...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

TL;DR, West VA GOP decides to impeach its supreme court judges, and then fill the spots with the hand picked conservatives that recommended and enacted the impeachment processes to begin with. THATS how 3rd world countries operate btw, just in case you were wondering.

it's not just Georgia the Republicans have been using voter ID to disenfranchise Democratic leaning voter populations all across the country.

If a person is that much of a degenerate that they can't even manage to obtain an ID card then they shouldn't even have the right to vote. I had my license suspended when I was in my early 20's and I went to the Secretary of State office and got a state id card for like $10. It's not bigoted to expect somebody to possess and id card. I always have to show my drivers license when I go vote.

Part of the reason they want to disenfranchise democrats is because there are a lot of black people voting democrat. Chicken/egg situation if you ask me.
You think that if they could target white democratic voters more efficiently then they could target black democratic voters that they wouldn't? That seems unlikely to me.

Back