Republicans blatantly attempting (and succeeding) to erase the black vote in Georgia

There's a lot more white people that live rurally and drive just as far. If not farther.

In fact, I bet a lot of rural whites drive farther than that. Is that racist?
Are those rural whites in red districts and are they being targeted by Republicans for mass poll closures for pretextual reasons?

Oh, and be sure to detail the historical suppression of the white vote in those districts. I might learn something tonight.

I hear you bro. #metoo
It was VERY expensive for my wife and I to sign up to receive mail in ballots too. Pretty sure it cost us a million dollars to be really lazy.
Seems a bit laissez faire for a fundamental right.

Are those rural whites in red districts and are they being targeted by Republicans for mass poll closures for pretextual reasons?
Or are there good reasons they are closing some polling places? Not every decision is racism. I drive at least 8 1/2 miles to a church to vote. That's 17 miles round trip. And anyone would give an old neighbor lady a ride to go vote. That's what rural neighbors do when people need help.

This is just an excuse for democrats to cry racism. If you live in the country, you're used to going 15 miles for everything. Food, doctor visits, etc. And these people do it every single week.

Lol we should have know rip wouldn’t show any sources of the same thing happening to poor whites. He’s just a closet racist.

Good thing they got rid of the Voting Rights Act because it was 'outdated'...

Or are there good reasons they are closing some polling places? Not every decision is racism. I drive at least 8 1/2 miles to a church to vote. That's 17 miles round trip. And anyone would give an old neighbor lady a ride to go vote. That's what rural neighbors do when people need help.

This is just an excuse for democrats to cry racism. If you live in the country, you're used to going 15 miles for everything. Food, doctor visits, etc. And these people do it every single week.
This kind of nitwit argument is why Republicans NEED to pack the courts or go extinct.

you're right. Where i live, the polls are half a mile away. i can hit up the polls and be at work before i need to clock in. or i can get off from work and still make it to the polls in time to cast my vote. But if i had to drive 15 fucking miles through country roads? no way. you take the whole day off, ESPECIALLY since the crowd of 9 polling places has now condensed to 3. how many folks can just take a day off to vote. 10 will get you 20 Georgia is a 'right to work' state...

you're right. Where i live, the polls are half a mile away. i can hit up the polls and be at work before i need to clock in. or i can get off from work and still make it to the polls in time to cast my vote. But if i had to drive 15 fucking miles through country roads? no way. you take the whole day off, ESPECIALLY since the crowd of 9 polling places has now condensed to 3. how many folks can just take a day off to vote. 10 will get you 20 Georgia is a 'right to work' state...
A lot of places you can vote early now or vote by mail.

Dirty politics, not racist. Blacks vote more then 90% Democrat, that is an extremely high correlation. They are trying to disenfranchise democrats and targeting the black community is the most efficient way to do that. The people doing it should go to jail for it but so should the people blocking attempts to track illegals voting.

On Thursday evening, the election board of Randolph County, Georgia, met to discuss a startling proposal to eliminate three-fourths of the county’s polling places months before the November election. A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs. The election board may soon shut down seven of them, including one in a precinct where about 97 percent of voters are black. Its plan would compel residents, many of whom have no car or access to public transit, to travel as much as 30 miles round trip to reach the nearest polling place.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ds-on-erasing-the-black-vote-its-working.html

Republicans are so shameless. How is this not illegal???
This is nothing. I already travel 30 minutes round trip to my polling location.

On Thursday evening, the election board of Randolph County, Georgia, met to discuss a startling proposal to eliminate three-fourths of the county’s polling places months before the November election. A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs. The election board may soon shut down seven of them, including one in a precinct where about 97 percent of voters are black. Its plan would compel residents, many of whom have no car or access to public transit, to travel as much as 30 miles round trip to reach the nearest polling place.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ds-on-erasing-the-black-vote-its-working.html

Republicans are so shameless. How is this not illegal???

Welp, better grab a coat! And some comfy walking shoes too!

tenor.gif

Talking about typical just look at your dogsh*t replies to this thread <Lmaoo>

Look at your bullshit thread. There’s no money to keep so many polling stations open, so they consollidate, and folks have to travel an amazing 15 miles, in a rural county, BUT RACISM

what about the poor white folks who have to travel to vote? Is that racism too?

Talking about typical just look at your dogsh*t replies to this thread <Lmaoo>

Look at your bullshit thread. There’s no money to keep so many polling stations open, so they consollidate, and folks have to travel an amazing 15 miles, in a rural county, BUT RACISM

what about the poor white folks who have to travel to vote? Is that racism too?

What is indicating to you that there is no money to keep these polling stations open?

@ScottE

Did you read the, granted biased, article?

You only have to get two sentences in

It's both. But race is the vehicle and that's why it's illegal. The justification proffered is ADA non compliance, hilariously.

There's shit for public transportation and a huge number of voters don't own cars.

Piss, leg, raining, etc etc.
Are they being targeted because they are black?

Back