Republican Rep. says he will NOT wear a mask because it dishonors god.

So if this guy were to sandblast some metal or paint a house he would also refuse a mask. And if he wver has open heart surgery, maybe he'll ask the surgeon to lose the mask also. God, these are the retards we vote into office. Unbelievable.
If I was going to offer a real political take, it would be that this is a great indicator of how the GOP abuses religion for political gain. They're using "religion" as their cheat code. Don't like the law, claim religion and do whatever the hell you want.

For the truly religious, this is the type of thing that they should really be offended by.

If I was going to offer a real political take, it would be that this is a great indicator of how the GOP abuses religion for political gain. They're using "religion" as their cheat code. Don't like the law, claim religion and do whatever the hell you want.

For the truly religious, this is the type of thing that they should really be offended by.

Around my way they amended the law which allowed you to bypass mandatory vaccinations on the grounds of religion. Just saying.

I am not going to pretend to know what Jesus would want but it just seems to me he might privilege austerity and humility in this face of this crisis over "let's get back to work".

Perhaps. However, the Bible forbids the use of "pharmakia" so the Messiah wouldn't recommend vaccines from the "pharmakia" industry as a solution to pestilence. He would bring up psalm 91 and remind you that the Most High is your protection from pestilence and disease.

Plus we all know this on a natural level. The best protection you have against this virus or any other is your own immune system. If a person believes in the Most High and follows his laws and commandments, including the dietary law, guess what? That person will have a healthy and strong immune system. They will easily fall in that 99.8% survival group.

Thats more along the lines of what the Messiah would say imo.

I think thats extremely short sighted. I also think that infringes upon my basic freedom as well as set a dangerous precedent that will surely be exploited.

You say Im paranoid, I say you're naive. Dangerously so.

If you tested positive, would you wear a mask?

Comedic relief, lord knows we all could use some.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-lawmaker-refuses-wear-mask-142000847.html

TL : DR
Wearing a mask covers one's face.
All of us are made in god's image, and it is the face that most symbolizes this image.

--

Ohio lawmaker refuses to wear mask because he says it dishonors God

"This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face. I will not wear a mask," Rep. Nino Vitale, a Republican, wrote on Facebook. "That's the image of God right there, and I want to see it in my brothers and sisters."

--

Wonder if this guy thinks military personnel wearing masks , scuba divers and people working in certain industries where masks are required , are dishonoring god. What about those cosplay protesters in Michigan showing off their guns and ammo clips, they were wearing masks.

Im sure if he goes in for surgery he suddenly doesn't mind if his medical team covers the image of God.

If you tested positive, would you wear a mask?

I wear a mask now in certain places out of courtesy for others. I'm not looking to be a rebel or a jerk. I just have a problem with us going down this road in terms of precedent because of where its going to lead. Those pushing these measures are not doing so out of concern for our well being.

There is nothing in the Bible which prevents Christians from wearing masks or other PPE. Stop pandering please.

It restricts my freedom of movement. And yes requiring one to get a drivers license is unconstitutional just as any sovereign citizen would tell to you :).

And again my gripe is not about the mask. Its the premise and precedent that comes along with it. Today its masks tomorrow its vaccines. Too steep of a slope.

You are free to walk, you don't need a lisence for that.

How do you compare a vaccine to a mask? You can take off a mask, you can't take off a vaccine.

I'd want people to wear masks around me at this time. So I will wear a mask around others.

Luke 6:31, Matthew 7:12

It could hinder but it’s not impossible. I am not an expert and neither are you, but I think we can easily be identified through our eyes. This doesn’t change that.

As for masks in 1918, yeah they wore it but I see a correlation to a pattern of us losing more of our rights today whether it’s free speech, gun ownership, freedom to assemble, or whatever else this is on the path to. I don’t know if this was a concern back in 1918.

Masks are meant to decrease the risk . I don't need to be an expert, because I can read what experts are writing and use common sense. It was/is normal for hospitals and clinics to ask people who are sick to wear masks, and this was before the virus. So does it take an expert to come to the conclusion that a virus that can spread by exhalation can be contained to a degree if everyone wore masks.

This is a temp measure by some States for some situations. You guys are making a mountain out of nothing. Wearing a mask gives you more annonymity, so how this is conceived as threatening is beyond me.

You are free to walk, you don't need a lisence for that.

How do you compare a vaccine to a mask? You can take off a mask, you can't take off a vaccine.

The same premise you use to argue for forced masking is the same argument that is used for forced vaccinations. And once you accept the premise that everyone that is a potential asymptomatic carrier of something and therefore a threat to everyones lives how can you argue against forced vaccinations, the forced removal a person from their home, forced social isolation, forced medical isolation, permenant social distancing measures, regular shutdowns ect.

If we accept your argument then what is stopping us from going down that road?

Have you noticed , all around the world, it is always the rightwing that uses religion to get things their way. I would say it is more a case of the rightwing abusing religion, and the GOP panders because all their supporters are on the right. Genuine question here: did the GOP pander to the religious folks back when the GOP was the party of Civil Rights?

Have you noticed , all around the world, it is always the rightwing that uses religion to get things their way. I would say it is more a case of the rightwing abusing religion, and the GOP panders because all their supporters are on the right. Genuine question here: did the GOP pander to the religious folks back when the GOP was the party of Civil Rights?
Yes but they were also genuine believers. Now, the political class aren't particularly religious, they just keep the same tools in the toolbox.

The same premise you use to argue for forced masking is the same argument that is used for forced vaccinations. And once you accept the premise that everyone that is a potential asymptomatic carrier of something and therefore a threat to everyones lives how can you argue against forced vaccinations, the forced removal a person from their home, forced social isolation, forced medical isolation, permenant social distancing measures, regular shutdowns ect.

If we accept your argument then what is stopping us from going down that road?
You are making an apples to oranges analogy, because vaccinations are invasive, masks aren't . You can't compare the two, since like I said you can take off a mask. If you work in certain industries then you are required to wear a mask, so why is wearing a mask in public - at this time - where you are in close proximity to others such a big deal? If you don't want to wear one, then don't go any place where people tend to congregate in close proximity.

You are far too liberal with the slippery slope argument.

Masks are meant to decrease the risk . I don't need to be an expert, because I can read what experts are writing and use common sense. It was/is normal for hospitals and clinics to ask people who are sick to wear masks, and this was before the virus. So does it take an expert to come to the conclusion that a virus that can spread by exhalation can be contained to a degree if everyone wore masks.

This is a temp measure by some States for some situations. You guys are making a mountain out of nothing. Wearing a mask gives you more annonymity, so how this is conceived as threatening is beyond me.

I just see it as a gradual step in controlling our lives. A method of conformity for which I simply don’t trust the government and do as they say.

You say it’s temporary now, but a year from now you gonna be talking about the same thing that is saves lives and blah blah blah, and suddenly it’s not temporary anymore. You will have bunch of reasons then, too. Not saying this is a fact but just an example.

People that like to believe they are intelligent should have the option of doing as they wish obviously with their best interests in minds. If this means you want to wear a mask, go right ahead. You have that freedom to choose.

I don’t need the government or the government's puppet like WHO to tell me whether I need to wear a mask or not at any point. Notice how they flip flopped on that notion. Do you trust them
more or less now?

I just don’t trust authority figures if I can educate myself to the best course of action for my own life. This will leads to a more prosperous life for me and my family. Otherwise, i just see this as another step in overstepping their boundaries on running my life. It won’t end there, which is what you don’t seem to understand. The more they can get away with, the less freedoms you will have left as a citizen of a free country. Not a prisoner or slave, which you are willing to become voluntarily.

I just see it as a gradual step in controlling our lives. A method of conformity for which I simply don’t trust the government and do as they say.

You say it’s temporary now, but a year from now you gonna be talking about the same thing that is saves lives and blah blah blah, and suddenly it’s not temporary anymore. You will have bunch of reasons then, too. Not saying this is a fact but just an example.

People that like to believe they are intelligent should have the option of doing as they wish obviously with their best interests in minds. If this means you want to wear a mask, go right ahead. You have that freedom to choose.

I don’t need the government or the government's puppet like WHO to tell me whether I need to wear a mask or not at any point. Notice how they flip flopped on that notion. Do you trust them
more or less now?

I just don’t trust authority figures if I can educate myself to the best course of action for my own life. This will leads to a more prosperous life for me and my family. Otherwise, i just see this as another step in overstepping their boundaries on running my life. It won’t end there, which is what you don’t seem to understand. The more they can get away with, the less freedoms you will have left as a citizen of a free country. Not a prisoner or slave, which you are willing to become voluntarily.

They flipped, the US government , because they originally lied. Months ago when the Surgeon General publickly stated that masks don't help, I said here that he was lying because he didn't want people to go out and buy masks, fearing health workers would not have enough masks.

If you don't want to wear a mask, in a state that requires it in public, then you can stay on your property or go someplace where masks aren't a requirement. Why do you think you have the right to risk others' well being?

He better be really, really, ridiculously good-looking.

They flipped, the US government , because they originally lied. Months ago when the Surgeon General publickly stated that masks don't help, I said here that he was lying because he didn't want people to go out and buy masks, fearing health workers would not have enough masks.

If you don't want to wear a mask, in a state that requires it in public, then you can stay on your property or go someplace where masks aren't a requirement. Why do you think you have the right to risk others' well being?

what makes you think you can tell me what to do? Wear a mask if you feel scared or stay your ass at home. This country was founded on liberty but it appears I’m living in a different country listening to people like you telling me what I can or cannot do with my own choices. You just proved my point you will do the bidding of people that control you and also make excuses (such as for WHO) when convenient. You don’t get it and this is my sign this conversation is over. You literally sound like gestapo now. The world you live in is killing you everyday but you’re too blind to it. You only care about coronavirus because of the mass hysteria not caring your government kills you many other ways every single day. Get a grip on reality, pal.

Perhaps. However, the Bible forbids the use of "pharmakia" so the Messiah wouldn't recommend vaccines from the "pharmakia" industry as a solution to pestilence. He would bring up psalm 91 and remind you that the Most High is your protection from pestilence and disease.

Plus we all know this on a natural level. The best protection you have against this virus or any other is your own immune system. If a person believes in the Most High and follows his laws and commandments, including the dietary law, guess what? That person will have a healthy and strong immune system. They will easily fall in that 99.8% survival group.

Thats more along the lines of what the Messiah would say imo.
Hmm, I don't really want to keep arguing about what Jesus would do because I don't think I am equipped to do so so let's leave it at that. Cheers mate.

what makes you think you can tell me what to do? Wear a mask if you feel scared or stay your ass at home. This country was founded on liberty but it appears I’m living in a different country listening to people like you telling me what I can or cannot do with my own choices. You just proved my point you will do the bidding of people that control you and also make excuses (such as for WHO) when convenient. You don’t get it and this is my sign this conversation is over. You literally sound like gestapo now. The world you live in is killing you everyday but you’re too blind to it. You only care about coronavirus because of the mass hysteria not caring your government kills you many other ways every single day. Get a grip on reality, pal.

You are just selfish. Your rights end when what you do puts others at risk. Are you going to claim your rights are infringed upon becase the law won't let you drive a motor vehicle over a certain Blood Alchohol Level? If the State tells you to wear a mask in certain places, you should wear a mask , or suffer the consequences because you are putting others at risk due to your stubborness and selfishness. It is asinine to paint this as some sort of infringement on liberty; it's just a dam mask FFS, and it is temporary.

Back