Republican Rep. says he will NOT wear a mask because it dishonors god.

One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face. I will not wear a mask,"
while you are at, Mr Republican, can you ask him why he's killing lots of people with this new virus...

We are turning into China and not everybody has the foresight to see it.

There is always a reason attached for why we keep losing rights in this country and everybody thinks they have a good reason as to why we should continue to lose those individual rights.
No one is losing their rights and the US is not turning into China. Below pic is from Seattle 1918.

Folks concerned about government control and spying on people invariably take a negative stance towards the proliferation of CCTVs in public. Wearing a mask would hinder indentification of a person by CCTV ; how do all the paranoid folks explain this?

Did you not see the academic paper I linked to, about the stark impact of hospital staff wearing masks vs. not wearing masks?

Thats a totally different situation. Nurses are working in small rooms filled with people carrying the virus and suffering severe symptoms. Thats completely different than a group of people showing no symptoms passing each other on the street.

You are putting a lot of people at risk if you are an asymptomatic carrier who does not wear a mask and is going out to congested areas. And masks make a big difference. They are not going to stop the spread of the virus but they lessen the risk.

<%1 death rate mayne. You cant get around that.

“A key point is that the countries that flattened the curve used masks in public,” says Chris Kenyon, head of the sexually transmitted diseases unit at The Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp, who has examined whether face masks may have played a role in limiting the spread of Covid-19 in certain countries.

When an infected person coughs, they can send showers of tiny droplets – known as aerosols – filled with the virus into the air.

A single cough can produce up to 3,000 droplets. There are fears the virus can also be spread simply through speaking. One recent study showed that we spray thousands of droplets invisible to the naked eye into the air just by uttering the words “stay healthy”.

Once out of our mouths, many of the larger droplets will quickly settle onto nearby surfaces while smaller ones remain suspended in the air for hours, where they can be breathed in.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200504-coronavirus-what-is-the-best-kind-of-face-mask

Studies show whatever you want them to show. We should not be setting such dangerous precedents based on "studies" from medical institutions. Thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Besides, with a <%1 death rate none of that even matters.

Thats a totally different situation. Nurses are working in small rooms filled with people carrying the virus and suffering severe symptoms. Thats completely different than a group of people showing no symptoms passing each other on the street.

<%1 death rate mayne. You cant get around that.

Studies show whatever you want them to show. We should not be setting such dangerous precedents based on "studies" from medical institutions. Thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Besides, with a <%1 death rate none of that even matters.

So you think if you are outside in close proximity to someone who is infected and they breathe out, you are immune from breathing in their droplets just because you are outside?
Just because you are far more likely to be infected indoors does not mean the risk outdoors in congested areas is negligible.

What has the 1% or whatever % death rate got to do with whether wearing masks goes a long ways towards mitigating the spread of the virus?

Ofcourse you will dismiss the studies because it does not agree with your bias, just as you dismiss Evolution and all the evidence because you have made up your mind it is all untrue.

By the way, how are you calculating the death rate? If you calculate it as (number of dead / total cases) x 100 , it comes out to about 5.9%. No one really is sure of death rates right now though.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The governor of Ohio (Republican) encourages people to wear masks and orders shoppers to do so.

In Asia, an evangelical Muslim group were super-spreaders, cause they wouldn't listen to people urging them to not hold large gatherings. In NY and Israel, the Haredim have been dispropotionately affected cause they won't listen to secular voices asking them to social distance and stay at home.

It was a Christian group that did it in South korea

No one is losing their rights and the US is not turning into China. Below pic is from Seattle 1918.

Folks concerned about government control and spying on people invariably take a negative stance towards the proliferation of CCTVs in public. Wearing a mask would hinder indentification of a person by CCTV ; how do all the paranoid folks explain this?

Were those people forced to do this? And was it a permemant thing or just sonething they did until the threat passed?

The control aspect regarding the mask...is not the about mask. By getting the public to accept laws forcing them to wear masks you get them to accept the premise thats behind it. That premise says we are all potential threats to and from one another. We're all in danger everytime we leave our homes. And in order to ensure everyones saftey we must follow their guidlines and reccomendations which always and invariably include giving up our personal rights and freedoms.

I think we all need to fully and completely reject this premise and those pushing it on us. Its not true. Its anti-health, anti-freedom, and anti-logic. Almost like it's by design.

Last edited:
It was a Christian group that did it in South korea
Oh yeah I forgot about that cult. Most people would say they aren't really Christian, but then we could say the same for lots of American mega-churches and televangelists too.

Were those people forced to do this? And was it a permemant thing or just sonething they did until the threat passed?

The control aspect regarding the mask...is not the about mask. By getting the public to accept laws forcing them to wear masks you get them to accept the premise thats behind it. That premise says we are all potential threats to and from one another. We're all in danger everytime we leave our homes. And in order to ensure everyones saftey we must follow their guidlines and reccomendations which always and invariably include our personal rights and freedoms.

I think we all need to fully and completely reject this premise and those pushing it on us. Its not true. Its anti-health, anti-freedom, and anti-logic. Almost like it's by design.
Yes people were required by local governments to wear masks. Mostly in the Western States.

The influenza pandemic of 1918 and 1919 was the most deadly flu outbreak in history, killing up to 50 million people worldwide. In the United States, where it ultimately killed around 675,000 people, local governments rolled out initiatives to try to stop its spread. These varied by region, and included closing schools and places of public amusement, enforcing “no-spitting” ordinances, encouraging people to use handkerchiefs or disposable tissues and requiring people to wear masks in public.

Mask-wearing ordinances mainly popped up in the western states, and it appears most people complied with them. The nation was still fighting in World War I, and officials framed anti-flu measures as a way to protect the troops from the deadly outbreak.

https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance

-

You keep going on about how this is just government controlling people, but fail to acknowledge people are forced to comply with rules even before this pandemic emerged. When you live in a society, there are rules to follow, so that you don't infringe on other peoples' rights and endanger others. What rule is justified and what isn't is on a case by case basis.

Yes people were required by local governments to wear masks. Mostly in the Western States.

The influenza pandemic of 1918 and 1919 was the most deadly flu outbreak in history, killing up to 50 million people worldwide. In the United States, where it ultimately killed around 675,000 people, local governments rolled out initiatives to try to stop its spread. These varied by region, and included closing schools and places of public amusement, enforcing “no-spitting” ordinances, encouraging people to use handkerchiefs or disposable tissues and requiring people to wear masks in public.

Mask-wearing ordinances mainly popped up in the western states, and it appears most people complied with them. The nation was still fighting in World War I, and officials framed anti-flu measures as a way to protect the troops from the deadly outbreak.

https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance

-

You keep going on about this is just government controlling people, but fail to acknowledge people are forced to comply with rules even before this pandemic. When you live in a society, there are rules to follow, so that you don't infringe on other peoples' rights and endanger others. What rule is justified and what isn't is on a case by case basis.

When you live in this free society theres this thing called a Bill of Rights. We don't compromise them just because the media scares you. Yes, rules that don't violate our bill of rights are justified on a case by case basis. And a <%1 death rate is no justification at all. My rights do not end where your hysteria begins.

When you live in this free society theres this thing called a Bill of Rights. We don't compromise them just because the media scares you. Yes, rules that don't violate our bill of rights are justified on a case by case basis. And a <%1 death rate is no justification at all. My rights do not end where your hysteria begins.
And where in the Bill of Rights does it say you need to get a Driver's lisence ?

Why is wearing a face mask, which is just a temporary measure and only applicable in certain situations, a violation of the Bill of Rights?

Also what are you saying about the death rate, that it is greater than 1% ? If you saw my link on the infected vs. dead, you will see it is not %1.

So if this guy were to sandblast some metal or paint a house he would also refuse a mask. And if he wver has open heart surgery, maybe he'll ask the surgeon to lose the mask also. God, these are the retards we vote into office. Unbelievable.

It’s not a full head mask so I’m sure the facial recognition program still can identify you through eyes or whatever. Hong Kong protestors used umbrellas to shield themselves from identification.

People wearing masks in 1918 has no relevance on my point about our rights slowly eroding on the sole merits of the governments deceiving the public and using scare tactics and misleading data to achieve their means.

It’s not a full head mask so I’m sure the facial recognition program still can identify you through eyes or whatever. Hong Kong protestors used umbrellas to shield themselves from identification.

People wearing masks in 1918 has no relevance on my point about our rights slowly eroding on the sole merits of the governments deceiving the public and using scare tactics and misleading data.
A mask hinders CCTV recognition. I am not talking about China's facial recognition.

It has relevance because you are trying to claim we are on some sort of path towards emulating China just because State governments in some States require people to wear a mask in some situations. So I pointed out that we already had compulsory mask wearing in the US in some regions in 1918, and we haven't become China because of it.

You know what the Messiah would tell us? He would tell us to stay away from pharmaceutical medicine altogether. Something tells me He wouldnt be endorsing CDC regulations to deal with a health crisis lol. He would tell you to rebuke them.
I am not going to pretend to know what Jesus would want but it just seems to me he might privilege austerity and humility in this face of this crisis over "let's get back to work".
I think you should be his spokesman. Saying Jesus wouldn't wear one is really no better than what he said.
Didn't say it was though.

And where in the Bill of Rights does it say you need to get a Driver's lisence ?

Why is wearing a face mask, which is just a temporary measure and only applicable in certain situations, a violation of the Bill of Rights?

It restricts my freedom of movement. And yes requiring one to get a drivers license is unconstitutional just as any sovereign citizen would tell to you :).

And again my gripe is not about the mask. Its the premise and precedent that comes along with it. Today its masks tomorrow its vaccines. Too steep of a slope.

A mask hinders CCTV recognition. I am not talking about China's facial recognition.

It has relevance because you are trying to claim we are on some sort of path towards emulating China just because State governments in some States require people to wear a mask in some situations. So I pointed out that we already had compulsory mask wearing in the US in some regions in 1918, and we haven't become China because of it.

It could hinder but it’s not impossible. I am not an expert and neither are you, but I think we can easily be identified through our eyes. This doesn’t change that.

As for masks in 1918, yeah they wore it but I see a correlation to a pattern of us losing more of our rights today whether it’s free speech, gun ownership, freedom to assemble, or whatever else this is on the path to. I don’t know if this was a concern back in 1918.

I don't think he's really this dumb, I think he just tried to find some roundabout way to imply Jesus wouldn't wear a mask since the whole social distancing thing has, like every fucking issue on the planet, been absorbed by the partisan divide with the right against it and the left for it.

But somehow I don't think Jesus would want us to sacrifice the vulnerable among us to appease the Machine God of capitalism. I'm sure there are good arguments against taking social distancing too far but this ain't one of them.

I read it that way as well, a shameless reach intended to appeal to partisanship.

Though it doesn’t serve to compliment the intelligence of the people he’s appealing to.

Back