Economy Republican Government plans on upending states rights on growing hemp

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
It looks like your Republican Government is planning on upending state rights again. Seems like a day does not go by where Republican Uncle Sam plans on upending State rights so much for liberties only when Republicans like it.

"
PORTLAND, Ore. — Hemp growers and entrepreneurs who were joyous a year ago after U.S. lawmakers reclassified the plant as a legal agricultural crop now are worried their businesses could be crippled if federal policymakers move ahead with draft regulations.

Licenses for hemp cultivation topped a half-million acres (200,000 hectares) last year, more than 450 percent above 2018 levels, so there's intense interest in the rules the U.S. government is creating. Critical comments on the draft have poured in from hemp farmers, processors, retailers and state governments.

Growers are concerned the government wants to use a heavy hand that could result in many crops failing required tests and being destroyed. The U.S. Department of Agriculture, the agency writing the rules, estimates 20 percent of hemp lots would fail under the draft regulations.

“Their business is to support farmers — and not punish farmers — and the rules as they're written right now punish farmers,” said Dove Oldham, who last year grew an acre (0.40 hectares) of hemp on her family farm in Grants Pass, Oregon. “There's just a lot of confusion, and people are just looking for leadership.”"

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...IH4DE-W88Ngqqf3tnS3m0a-HfCHQZ51jUeYl-C1ftW0Xk

This has nothing to do with states' rights.
It's about quality control.

What a dishonest hack job of an OP.

There's a lot of conflicting info and hysteria (as always) in that article.

'About 20% of crops would fail testing.'

And then a paragraph later 'omigod no one will be able to pass testing!'

This has nothing to do with states' rights.
It's about quality control.

What a dishonest hack job of an OP.
Orange man bad
Bleedy vag
Repeat
Mitch McConnell is proweed as are a lot of republicans but don’t et that stand in his way. In fact quality control is kind of a Democrat thing so it’s weird he’s against it now. I’m not sure what’s different here. Can’t quite put my finger on it

WTF does republican government mean

Orange man bad
Bleedy vag
Repeat
Mitch McConnell is proweed as are a lot of republicans but don’t et that stand in his way. In fact quality control is kind of a Democrat thing so it’s weird he’s against it now. I’m not sure what’s different here. Can’t quite put my finger on it

Why don't you just put your canned "orange man bad" response in your signature? That way you can just reply to threads with "see my sig." Save your valuable time.

WTF does republican government mean

Government controlled by the Republican Party, it would obviously seem. The Dept of Agriculture is directed by the president (Republican) with power allocated by the Senate (Republican).

Why don't you just put your canned "orange man bad" response in your signature? That way you can just reply to threads with "see my sig." Save your valuable time.

Or not reply at all.

@cincymma79 I think your comment hit home for our comrade

funny enough I think trots provided the best “sig” in goof troop history

Given the detailed argument you just laid out I stand by my post

The article says the test is to find out if what they're growing qualifies is hemp, or if it qualifies as weed.

Democrats seem to be huge fans of regulations, permits, taxes, bureaucracy and red tape until it comes to their precious weed, maaaaan. We want GMO labels, strict regulation and control, absolutely no tax incentives, constant inspections, testing, and gov't bureaucracy at every level of farming, unless of course you're growing weed, then it should be a free for all.

I'm not a fan of heavy regulation and red tape, but if that's what you want then you can't carve out exemptions just because you like getting high.

It is pretty funny how folk on the right go on and on about states’ rights most of the time but when a state makes any sort of progressive move, on healthcare or whatever, these same knuckleheads start screaming for federal intervention.

It’s all motivated by selfishness, cowardice, and racism, the defining characteristics of modern conservatism. Maybe throw in lack of education too? Amazed they can live with themselves.

It is pretty funny how folk on the right go on and on about states’ rights most of the time but when a state makes any sort of progressive move, on healthcare or whatever, these same knuckleheads start screaming for federal intervention.

It’s all motivated by selfishness, cowardice, and racism, the defining characteristics of modern conservatism. Maybe throw in lack of education too? Amazed they can live with themselves.
<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

Do you hear voices in your head telling you to do things?

Government controlled by the Republican Party, it would obviously seem. The Dept of Agriculture is directed by the president (Republican) with power allocated by the Senate (Republican).

Not to worry they will figure out a way to blame this on Obama. :)

The article says the test is to find out if what they're growing qualifies is hemp, or if it qualifies as weed.

Democrats seem to be huge fans of regulations, permits, taxes, bureaucracy and red tape until it comes to their precious weed, maaaaan. We want GMO labels, strict regulation and control, absolutely no tax incentives, constant inspections, testing, and gov't bureaucracy at every level of farming, unless of course you're growing weed, then it should be a free for all.

I'm not a fan of heavy regulation and red tape, but if that's what you want then you can't carve out exemptions just because you like getting high.

This is funny to the point of being nuts Republicans want to dictate to states how to run their public schools, food programs, Colleges, pollution mandates, gun regulations and tons of other things all under Trump. I almost never seen decades where Republicans are reaching into all ways of State rights. I would love it if the reverse where to happen everyone kept talking about Texas leaving the united states what if California, Washington State, Illinois, Colorado, New York, Massachusetts where to leave the US. To funny not going to happen but everyone always say whenever new regulations are passed Texas will leave like that is a valid threat.

overfed and easily led and twisting in the wind

This is funny to the point of being nuts Republicans want to dictate to states how to run their public schools, food programs, Colleges, pollution mandates, gun regulations and tons of other things all under Trump. I almost never seen decades where Republicans are reaching into all ways of State rights. I would love it if the reverse where to happen everyone kept talking about Texas leaving the united states what if California, Washington State, Illinois, Colorado, New York, Massachusetts where to leave the US. To funny not going to happen but everyone always say whenever new regulations are passed Texas will leave like that is a valid threat.
Not to mention those damn republicans took away your right to own slaves.

<27>

5 minutes the complaint was "OMG, Trump is trying to dismantle the federal education department, and now all of a sudden it's "OMG, he's trying to tell states how to run their schools".

The only one of those that's true is the car emission standards where California was trying to force car companies that aren't even in CA to make special cars just for their state. That is also a point against yourself and another example of democrats loving more regulation, taxes, bureaucracy and red tape.

Back