Media Reports Suggest Makhachev VS Gillespie For UFC 249

Nice scrap to see where islams wrestling is really at

So did Lee duck Makhachev or did Makhachev duck Lee?

Did Kevin Lee already comment on this and did someone translate it from Chinese to English yet?

Kevin said he turned down a fight with Makhachev. It was in a thread from about a week ago.

Tough fight for either guy. Shit matchmaking tho, should have persuaded Barboza to stick around and fight Islam

UFC doing their best to celebrate valentines

JcpCPbb.png

Last edited:
This is interesting. Gregor fell in love with his striking so I assumed next fight would be a step down where he could go back to his roots and grapple. Islam is well rounded. Very hard fight for gregor.

Meh, still waiting for Makhachev to fight somebody half decent, guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Wow. Islam ignores Lee's callout, only to fight the guy Lee just Flatlined. This is surprising.

Well, didn’t people say earlier that Gregor could be the guy to beat Khabib? Okay, we’ll find out the answer if he stops Makhachev he would have a decent chance to beat Khabib as well.

Wow. Islam ignores Lee's callout, only to fight the guy Lee just Flatlined. This is surprising.

Lee himself claimed the UFC denied him the Islam fight, not Islam himself. With the UFC's excuse being 'Islam isn't a big enough name'.

Gregor should be fighting that other Russian guy that Islam beat in Russia. He was another really good grappling prospect, Gregor needs to slow his roll....

This is bs, he should be fighting someone like Felder/barbosa / iaquinta/ Cerrone to climb up those rankings. Ufc just keeps marinading him in top15-20.

The UFC refused to book it.. Makhachev not 'a big enough name' was the reasoning.
I know that was what the ufc said but I call bullishit. There has to be another reason they ain’t telling us

Love that fight, but I will wait for official confirmation before I start believing it. Too many rumours before that never materialised.

Back