Media Reports Suggest Makhachev VS Gillespie For UFC 249

I don't think anyone 'hates' Gillespie. It's just that he was undefeated before fighitng Kevin lee, All american, D1 Wrestler, supposed to be THE guy to beat khabib.
Khabib haters liked to think he was their saviour lol, but then he fought Kevin Lee got put to sleep and the hype stopped in the middle of the tracks.

Gotcha. Seems to be a good fighter, but also maybe slightly undersized for the division?

Gregor will convert Isam to Christianity via wrestlefuck.

I'd think Islam has a striking edge here. Just like vs Ramos. And he's just about impossible to get a lnp win against.

The real threat will be a guy with proven striking + good takedown defense. Gregor only has one of those.

Gotcha. Seems to be a good fighter, but also maybe slightly undersized for the division?

I have only watched his fight with Lee, he was doing pretty good on the feet before the head kick. And yes he's also quite small unfortunately, Islam is really big too.

Have a feeling you'll be majorly pissed off by the end of 249..

:D
JcpCPbb.png

Double KO.

Mega butthurt incoming.

Good matchup, I'm interested to see if Gillespie can impose his wrestling on Islam.

Match making involving this guy is odd asf.

So did Lee duck Makhachev or did Makhachev duck Lee?

Did Kevin Lee already comment on this and did someone translate it from Chinese to English yet?

Did Kevin Lee already comment on this and did someone translate it from Chinese to English?
The UFC refused to book it.. Makhachev not 'a big enough name' was the reasoning.

Did Kevin Lee already comment on this and did someone translate it from Chinese to English yet?
According to Lee it was the UFC pushing back that fight.

Instead they put Lee vs Oliveira as a main event in Brasil and they are giving Islam another though fight against a dangerous opponent

Why? Gillespie got smoked in his last fight. Why is he fighting someone on a huge win streak?

don't like this fight for both fighters, gillespie is in a must win situation and Islam deserved a top 10 opponents.

Gillespie looks small for 155, I think size will play a factor, hope it happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back