Reporter who profiles Jon Jones talks about the eyepokes

Does Jones have such a huge bearing on your life that you'd go as far as making an analogy about blowing another poster's head off? Shit ain't that serious bruh

I can't disagree with the analogy. The scale of an analogy does not change the point.

Does Jones have such a huge bearing on your life that you'd go as far as making an analogy about blowing another poster's head off? Shit ain't that serious bruh

I could have replaced shooting a rifle with throwing a tomato without changing the point of the analogy, which clearly eludes you and will most likely continue to elude you even if I were to explain it once again in a language toddlers would understand. Which is why I won't. Good day sir.

It's on the refs to fix this. Obviously Jones doesn't give a fuck. If they don't start taking points on the first offense with Jones, nothing will change.

This.

I'am curious as to why the ref's haven't taken more action though.

I can't disagree with the analogy. The scale of an analogy does not change the point.

You didn't get my point either.

That guy just said about 5 times that he'd wave a gun in someone's face to you just to prove a point? That's some psycho shit

You people need to get off Sherdog and do something productive please. Imagine if you said that exact quote to someone in real life while having a debate, you'd probably get knocked out pretty fast.

You people need to get off Sherdog and do something productive please. Imagine if you said that exact quote to someone in real life while having a debate, you'd probably get knocked out pretty fast.

Unless you hang out with extremely primitive idiots, no, you wouldn't. And if you do hang out you with extremely primitive idiots who do not even know what an analogy is, why would you attempt to have a debate with them?
You might as well try and teach math to a dog.

I'll also say that Chael Sonnen saying what you're doing is ethical is maybe not the best endorsement.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Chael is first and foremost a snake oil salesman and he's so successful doing this because he takes that one kernel of truth and twists it into total bullshit.

Yes, it is a cage match but since when does that mean a blatant disregard of rules. Take his logic two steps further, why have rules at all if a fight happens in a cage? Why not just bring in a shiv or a knife and kill someone, it's a fuck'n cage match after all.

Now it sounds ridiculous....because it is, just as Chael's bullshit is.

Refs should be aware of Jones and eyepokes by now. No excuse to be a can ref.

As far as eye pokes go, KJ Noons and Uriah Faber are worse than Jones and so is everybody else that has poked a fighter in the eye which resulted in fucking up the fight.

Lol what? Jones eye pokes more frequently than any other fighter. To say Faber is a bigger offender than Jones is ridiculous and very uninformed.

He's "not gonna pull back?" What about pushing forward and deliberately sticking his fingers into people's eyes?

iJfFSKaaOcOx9.gif

cormier is the only top lhw who is not eyepoking, and also the next champion

He's "not gonna pull back?" What about pushing forward and deliberately sticking his fingers into people's eyes?

iJfFSKaaOcOx9.gif

Lol.

Unless the refs actually grow some balls and start taking points away instead of giving little warnings these things (eye pokes + fence grabs) will continue to happen. There's nothing stopping fighters from doing it

Last edited:
nevada's bs commission needs to change the rules

The way it currently works, he can pretty much get a free poke in, every fight. Everyone knows the warning, sometimes even 2, comes before any deduction of points. Those 2 pokes are enough to make opponents hesistant about forcing themselves into range.

It doesn't sound nice but that's the way I see it. He can roll with this, with zero consequences.

Just remember that if the ref deems what you did as illegal AND intentional, it could be 2 points deducted. And since sherdog is filled with morons, by intentional it doesn't include a scenario where your technique is more likely to cause an illegal action, like catching the guy in the back of the head during a finish, and yes, eye pokes when it might appear you are using arm and extended fingers to gauge/maintain distance. It has to appear blatant to the ref.

Eh, he's not going to be able to poke anyone in the eyes when he's taking a nap in the middle of the cage anyway

DC should look for the eye poke every chance he gets. He should put his face in to Johns fingers and then act like a soccer player pretending to be fouled. He should take the full 5 minutes for each instance and when the first round takes 30 minutes the ref may start taking away Points.

You still don't comprehend why Jones eye pokes, do you. It's not some unfortunate habit he wish he could change. He deliberately paws with open hands because it will lead to eye pokes (the individual eye poke, however, may well be unintentional, just a byproduct of the pawing) which confer him a huge advantage and make the enemy be reluctant.

Since you still don't get it, perhaps this analogy will help: Suppose I'm deliberately shooting a rifle 5 inches from where your head is. Many times. I absolutely do NOT plan to hit you but I know if I'm doing it enough times, I'll blow your head off. So I keep shooting and blow your head off after a while and thus win the fight. Oh, but it was so unintentional, trust me, I was really aiming 5 inches from your head!

Jones won't change a thing until the ref punishes him like he should.

I've been saying for a while now that Jon deliberately uses the threat of an illegal maneuver to keep his opponents at range.

This interview confirms it.

Jones and his camp have admitted to gaming the rules a long time ago, it's up to the refs to grow some balls and start taking points instead of giving him a million warnings.

Back