Report: UFC willing to replace Dustin Poirier and make Gaethje vs McGregor on January 23

If Dustin's scared to fight, then yeah. Move on to the next option.

Gaetjhe/McGregor and Poirier/Ferguson are the most interesting stylistic matches

Gaetjhe smashes Connie

I bet they have chandler on standby

He said he has something in the works

not to mention, Poirier already held out on a new contract, then after new contract wants new contract every fight if its a big fight....not surprised if UFC lets him sit on bench....I'd rather Conor -Gaethje anyhow.

Poirier is a gatekeeper and has always been the B Side in any big fight he’s had.

Also yes, he has signed a contract and keeps demanding more money - I understand it for a Conor fight but it sounds like he is pricing himself out of the Conor fight and that has more implications than just money - his star would rise massively if he beats Mac and his name would be right there for the belt again.

Not to mention he doesn’t have the time to sit and the ufc will have no problem sitting him out for a year or two till he’s past it and has no choice.

No I do not agree with the UFC or their business but Poirier is largely expendable in the ufc eyes because he doesn’t really bring anything to the table they can’t get elsewhere.

Let's not choose to be ignorant. This is the UFC we're talking about. The only reason they'd swap out Dustin is because he's being "Difficult" and Gaethje being Ali's client would opt for a "lesser" Deal.

This has nothing to do with Conor and if anything he'd Bat for Dustin so how in your mind is this about Conor running the show?

You're better than that.

Where's the Rock eye roll gif when I need it?

them to fight on January 23 which the Irishman accepted. Poirier, meanwhile, told the UFC to stop playing games and send him the contract.

Now, as the fight is still not official, the UFC is reportedly willing to replace Poirier with Justin Gaethje.

“He’s the reason the Tony Ferguson-Poirier fight didn’t happen on Oct. 24, and he might be the reason the McGregor-Poirier fight doesn’t happen on Jan. 23,” Ariel Helwani of ESPN reports. “That’s not to say he’s doing anything wrong, per se, rather, he’s just trying to get a deal that he’s comfortable with and the two sides are still apart. That’s the fight biz.

“The UFC has said it would be willing to replace Poirier with Gaethje (or even another fighter), sources say. Of course, for this to happen, McGregor would have to be on board, and I’m not sure if he is, to be honest. That’s because Gaethje is coming off a loss and because of things Gaethje has said about McGregor (specifically about McGregor as a father) in the past.”

No matter who Conor McGregor fights, whether it is the rematch against Poirier or taking on Gaethje it will be a massive fight. So, it could all come down to money and what Poirier and Gaethje would accept to take the fight.

Regardless, it appears McGregor is fully ready to fight on January 23 whether it is Poirier or Gaethje standing across from him. The Irishman has not fought since UFC 246 when he TKO’d Donald Cerrone. Poirier, meanwhile, beat Dan Hooker in June while Gaethje is coming off a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Damn

Battle of who fights cheapest lmao

them to fight on January 23 which the Irishman accepted. Poirier, meanwhile, told the UFC to stop playing games and send him the contract.

Now, as the fight is still not official, the UFC is reportedly willing to replace Poirier with Justin Gaethje.

“He’s the reason the Tony Ferguson-Poirier fight didn’t happen on Oct. 24, and he might be the reason the McGregor-Poirier fight doesn’t happen on Jan. 23,” Ariel Helwani of ESPN reports. “That’s not to say he’s doing anything wrong, per se, rather, he’s just trying to get a deal that he’s comfortable with and the two sides are still apart. That’s the fight biz.

“The UFC has said it would be willing to replace Poirier with Gaethje (or even another fighter), sources say. Of course, for this to happen, McGregor would have to be on board, and I’m not sure if he is, to be honest. That’s because Gaethje is coming off a loss and because of things Gaethje has said about McGregor (specifically about McGregor as a father) in the past.”

No matter who Conor McGregor fights, whether it is the rematch against Poirier or taking on Gaethje it will be a massive fight. So, it could all come down to money and what Poirier and Gaethje would accept to take the fight.

Regardless, it appears McGregor is fully ready to fight on January 23 whether it is Poirier or Gaethje standing across from him. The Irishman has not fought since UFC 246 when he TKO’d Donald Cerrone. Poirier, meanwhile, beat Dan Hooker in June while Gaethje is coming off a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
I'm not a manager, but if there's any fight dustin should take on the same money he got before, its this one. It sucks, but the ufc is forcing his hand and he has no leverage. Homie should take the deal, try to spark conor and if he does, he becomes a star. Instead of getting pennies on the dollar facing some nobody like chandler. Yeah, you might have gotten a small bump(if you end up getting a pay bump), but no exposure.

Chandler should be no where near the top 5 in UFC. Dude recently got KTFO by a 2nd tier org FW. He should be figthing someone in the 11-15 range first. Just look at whets happened to most of the Bellator signings. So people please stop putting Chandler anywhere near these types of conversations.

On the other hand Chandler is who Conor would want to fight because he knows that is his easiest fight and then he will play it up like it is some big win and ask for a title shot.

Whatever. With Khabib retired they're just gonna hand Conor the belt however they can.

Eh. Im ok with this, but i say Tony more so than Gaychee.

A dustin rematch is interesting, but a fresh matchup is more intriguing.

Either way, make a choice already. Otherwise, shut the fucking fuck up about it.

I wonder how far apart Dustin and UFC are, is it there offering 500k and he wants 1 million?

I hear that lol. I used to be THE Max stan on here but switched it up to keep the AV game fresh.

I'm going with WWE so of course everyone goes for low hanging fruit and bashes me for it lol.

It's just like bashing me for post count. I wear it as a badge of honor, lol.

Colin fights Diego Sanchez next.

Back