News Report: Patricio "Pitbull" Freire vs. A.J. McKee Scheduled for July 31, Bellator 263

I don't think at this point less people are going to watch it than would have watched it anyway though.

It is going to be illuminating one way or the other how Bellator does against what is now one of the worst UFC cards ever though.
I dont think this is about how much more people will see Bellator, it is unrealistic to think they will overperform the UFC. After all, the UFC is on ESPN+ and Bellator is through Showtime, it is impossible for Bellator to get better numbers. I think this is more about having the spotlight and being able to perform, if Bellator shits the bed tonight they will never leave that stigma of being a second rate promotion, however, if they put on a great show they will prove that they have what it takes to compete.

I dont think this is about how much more people will see Bellator, it is unrealistic to think they will overperform the UFC. After all, the UFC is on ESPN+ and Bellator is through Showtime, it is impossible for Bellator to get better numbers. I think this is more about having the spotlight and being able to perform, if Bellator shits the bed tonight they will never leave that stigma of being a second rate promotion, however, if they put on a great show they will prove that they have what it takes to compete.

The main concern I have is them doing less numbers than their other shows because of them going head to head with the UFC. If they put on their biggest fight and it does something like 70k because they lose viewers to the worst UFC card ever, then that's an absolute disaster.

I don't think at this point less people are going to watch it than would have watched it anyway though.

It is going to be illuminating one way or the other how Bellator does against what is now one of the worst UFC cards ever though.
It’s really incredible how horrible this ufc card turned out to be on the one night Bellator needed them to shit the bed. Now all the pressure is on Bellator to deliver

It’s really incredible how horrible this ufc card turned out to be on the one night Bellator needed them to shit the bed. Now all the pressure is on Bellator to deliver

I think at this point what will be will be. It's an interesting experiment in what the letters UFC mean for viewing figures. If this Bellator card doesn't do well, then they should just forget going head to head against the UFC again if they can avoid it.

Imagine if 10 x more people end up watching Cheyanne Buys Vs Gloria De Paula than Patricio Vs AJ.

Jesus Christ, it just keeps on getting worse

This is years off the Bellator curse reserving

It's probably just the MMA gods fucking with us. Coker will have done a monkey paw wish to the JBG to ensure as many people as possible are watching tonight and then Pitbull Vs AJ will end with a double low blow and eye poke on the first exchange.

Jesus Christ, it just keeps on getting worse

tbh with things being open again, people taking less care and covid being pretty rampant at the moment I think we can expect more and more of this. I don't think fighters are in a bubble during fight week anymore.

The main concern I have is them doing less numbers than their other shows because of them going head to head with the UFC. If they put on their biggest fight and it does something like 70k because they lose viewers to the worst UFC card ever, then that's an absolute disaster.
Regardless of the numbers, which IMO should be above 200k, all the MMA buzz should be around Bellator. They should be trending in the MMA sector, so they have to be on their A game. Fucking Coker better call Mamedov and offer him extra cash to keep it standing. Same with Georgi.

Regardless of the numbers, which IMO should be above 200k, all the MMA buzz should be around Bellator. They should be trending in the MMA sector, so they have to be on their A game. Fucking Coker better call Mamedov and offer him extra cash to keep it standing. Same with Georgi.

Not too worried about Georgi as that's a pretty early prelim, so if it sucks it doesn't matter so much. They're hoping to get Irish fans on the Iplayer before they go to bed for Moore and Kiefer imo.

Mamedov Vs Primus has a serious risk of absolutely stinking the place out though.

Interesting that AJ says it's his last fight at 45 though.

Interesting that AJ says it's his last fight at 45 though.
AJ at 155 has some solis AF fights, too. Shabliy, Primus, Patricky, Usman, Nallo off the top of my head.

Plus, if Usman beats a couple more guys, a fight against AJ would be too good to pass.

Interesting that Antonio McKee was so impressed by selling "half the arena". Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Maybe they were limited to selling half the arena? That's all I can think of, I lose track of where has what restrictions these days.

AJ at 155 has some solis AF fights, too. Shabliy, Primus, Patricky, Usman, Nallo off the top of my head.

Plus, if Usman beats a couple more guys, a fight against AJ would be too good to pass.

I wonder if he vacates the 145 belt because he can't make the weight if that somehow sneaks round the championship clause?

Douchebag Dillon Danis trying to get some attention without Conor.

I wonder if he vacates the 145 belt because he can't make the weight if that somehow sneaks round the championship clause?
I cant see a world where AJ doesnt become a superstar if he beats Pitbull today. The UFC would be salivating over him.

Back