News Report: Patricio "Pitbull" Freire vs. A.J. McKee Scheduled for July 31, Bellator 263

The finals of the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix between champion Patricio Freire and A.J. McKee has a target date set.

MMAFighting's Damon Martin and Guilherme Cruz were the first to report that the promotion has scheduled the bout for a yet-to-be-announced Bellator 263 event on July 30.

Freire is the current Bellator lightweight and featherweight champion, he's on a seven-fight winning streak at the moment and hasn't lost since August 2016. He defeated Emmanuel Sanchez via a first-round submission due to a guillotine choke in his latest outing during their rematch at Bellator 255.

McKee is undefeated as a pro at 17-0 and is also coming off of a first-round submission victory in his last fight, defeating Darrion Caldwell with a neck crank at Bellator 253.

I may be stating the obvious, but this is the most exciting fight outside UFC right now.

Honestly may need an all access for this. Seriously

Winner of this fight has a damn good claim to be the best active bellator fighter and in my opinion a top 5 guy in the world at 145.

I think Pitbull catches him with something big, but we'll see.

Date updated to July 31. Prior report was July 30

Date updated to July 31. Prior report was July 30
Dana scrambling to get a PPV set up for that day

Dana might be the most petty guy in MMA, you remember when he paid some guys to hold a show in France the day before the Bellator event so they couldn’t say that they held the first show in France?

but that might be also why he is successful

Dana scrambling to get a PPV set up for that day

Dana might be the most petty guy in MMA, you remember when he paid some guys to hold a show in France the day before the Bellator event so they couldn’t say that they held the first show in France?

but that might be also why he is successful
Remember when he set up Anderson Silva vs James Irving on a few days notice just so it could be at the same time as Fedor vs Sylvia?

Remember when he set up Anderson Silva vs James Irving on a few days notice just so it could be at the same time as Fedor vs Sylvia?
The same James Irving who was still high on painkillers when he signed the bout contract

Back