Report | GSP turns down title fight with Woodley after failed negotiations with the UFC

If there is an issue in negotiation, I have no doubt it's related to his sponsorship by Under Armor.
We will hear about it if GSP just turned down a fair deal for sure. Dana loves airing that type of shit and running fighters name through the mud seems like.

hereon, any fight potential is irrelevant. money is all that matters. dunno if im glad for the fighters or sad for the sport.

Cant blame woodley for wanting the money fight. People will complain regardless who woodley fights. If he wanted bisping at 185, people would say he is ducking wonderboy.

We will hear about it if GSP just turned down a fair deal for sure. Dana loves airing that type of shit and running fighters name through the mud seems like.
The thing is, I doubt the choice of opponent has anything to do with it. All the people around here suggesting the motive for fighting or not fighting any given fighter is anything but money is a wingnut.
hereon, any fight potential is irrelevant. money is all that matters. dunno if im glad for the fighters or sad for the sport.
Have you forgotten that it's called prize fighting? What do you expect?

The thing is, I doubt the choice of opponent has anything to do with it. All the people around here suggesting the motive for fighting or not fighting any given fighter is anything but money is a wingnut.

Have you forgotten that it's called prize fighting? What do you expect?

I am sure Gsp and Woodley for that matter lose money for not fighting. Money don't last forever. Manny Pacquio is reportedly broke and he made $150 million last year.

GSP heard Conor's talk of 10 mil fights and probably wanted 15 mil or some unusually high ppv %. He's probably only coming back because of the new era of money fights.

holy shit, entitled motherfucker

he just got the belt and he thinks he can choose his fights like a dominant champ. fuck off

Tyron doesn't seem to get that the belt doesn't really give you much leverage. PPV buys do. He turns down WB lets see how fast they strip him. He's not Conor,he's not gonna win a standoff with Dana.

Woodley said in a podcast today he's willing to wait as long as it takes to fight gsp or nick
https://m.soundcloud.com/morningwoo...in-thomas-talk-ufc-201-win-potential-gsp-bout

Timestamp? Don't feel like listening lol. If true then that's absolutely ridiculous. He'd rather wait for a long time for fights that won't happen (not get paid at all) than fight Wonderboy (get paid less but still a healthy six figures). Dude's been nothing but a hypocrite this entire time.

Cant blame woodley for wanting the money fight. People will complain regardless who woodley fights. If he wanted bisping at 185, people would say he is ducking wonderboy.
How about he actually fights wonderboy? WTF is with these new champs with no defense thinking it's cool for them to hand pick their opponents? Conor, bisping, and woodley all acting like spoiled brats. At least Conor and bisping have some fans for a little leverage

If I had to guess, if GSP is losing all that sponsor money he wanted to be fully compensated for what he would lose. But he may not be able to wear Reebok period. Exclusive deal with Under Armor.

Seems likely.

Tyron doesn't seem to get that the belt doesn't really give you much leverage. PPV buys do. He turns down WB lets see how fast they strip him. He's not Conor,he's not gonna win a standoff with Dana.
it is true but if they strip Woodley for wanting big fights after all that is happening with the McG debacle it will be proved how much of a joke DFW and the UFC had become.

just give GSP the treatment he deserves!
he did more then enough for the UFC for more then a decade.

I am sure Gsp and Woodley for that matter lose money for not fighting. Money don't last forever. Manny Pacquio is reportedly broke and he made $150 million last year.
You misunderstand. I'm not just talking about GSP's and Woodley's money. I am talking about the UFC's money, and Fox's money, and ditto all the other fighters on the top 10-15 of the roster in each weight class.

part of the contract was that he would finish a fight. even if against a FW. GSP wouldnt budge even after they promised said FW would be 0-0 record.

GSP wants an easy fight back, which is expected.

That's why I said he'll ask for Nate if Nate beats Conor and he cant get the Conor fight and he did, well he didn't but his trainer did and he and his trainer both want the same thing.

a champion that ducks Nº1 contender and calls out retired fighters?

pathetic

Timestamp? Don't feel like listening lol. If true then that's absolutely ridiculous. He'd rather wait for a long time for fights that won't happen (not get paid at all) than fight Wonderboy (get paid less but still a healthy six figures). Dude's been nothing but a hypocrite this entire time.
I will bet you a nickel Woodley is doing exactly what the UFC wants him to do and it has nothing to do what he wants (other than to be paid.) This is just a way for the UFC to work on GSP to get him to come to an agreement and then they will announce the fight they had in mind for him all along as though they just thought of it.

Back