Report | GSP turns down title fight with Woodley after failed negotiations with the UFC

I was thinking that likely GSP is negotiating hard with the UFC re his value. Wouldn't be surprised if the Reebok deal is a sticking point as well

So he should, he'd be one of the biggest draws in UFC history, plus he's taking a big risk by coming back after such a long layoff.

I think gsp was really banking on Conor getting light weight gold so he could have a one and done super fight and break the bank, gsp sees no value in Woodley he's a champ that's ducking legit contenders and he has no name value an thinks hes a star and can demand super fights

Lol @ Wood onlg fighting Nick or GSP

You will never get a significant raise and they will cut you the second they get a chance

Its GSP for christ sake.

Dana should pay him out of his own pocket for whats he's done for him and sport.

So he should, he'd be one of the biggest draws in UFC history, plus he's taking a big risk by coming back after such a long layoff.
Georges will soon be back. I'm surprised he has chosen to fight again. I think that he is confident he can fight the best once again.;)

They should have paid the difference for the Reebok deal..

If anybody can say he earned it, it's GSP for fuksakes.

Sorry if I am not buying the lame sponsors excuses anymore. The Ufc can pay whatever he made in sponsorship per fight.

Gsp is afraid. He wants a weak opponent first but everyone wants him to fight Lawler,Woodley,Conor,etc for his comeback fight. He can't win those fights. He needs an opponent rank in the bottom 15.

inside sources say GSP wanted a stipulation in his contract that up to and to the point of entrance into the cage he and his team must be allowed to wear tin foil hats. Once inside the cage environment there must be a big tin foil hat place upon the cage. Dana demanded the foil hats be equipped with Rebook logo. GSP refused because it would interefer with the protection frequency vibration field. Sadly they have not come to an understanding.

And in any case, there are better fights out there for GSP.

Georges-st-pierre-gsp-gi.png

It appears that newly crowned UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will not be squaring off with former title holder Georges St-Pierre in his first UFC title defense.

UFC president Dana White stated earlier this week that Woodley would be making his first title defense against current division number one contender Stephen Thompson.

Woodley fired back at White on Twitter, stating that he had not signed a contract or verbally agreed to any fight with Wonderboy.

Now, sources close to the situation have indicated that the UFC was working on trying to setup a title fight between GSP and Woodley, however the negotiations fell apart reportedly due to contract disputes with the French Canadian.

Woodley had leaked this text message conversation with St-Pierre earlier this week, but it appears that GSP ‘money fight’ is no longer an option for Tyron at this time.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/geor...odley-after-failed-negotiations-with-the-ufc/
You could have just said it was BJPenn.com and that it's an unverified rumor, and the paragraph below.
"Now, sources close to the situation have indicated that the UFC was working on trying to setup a title fight between GSP and Woodley, however the negotiations fell apart reportedly due to contract disputes with the French Canadian."
The rest is public knowledge and to me this is nothing but a rumor. So I give it a
5f897db6c655c70ada569639610ed979327c0bdd9c58834bc05b1fd970d7ba20.jpg

Suppose Woodley could try announcing retirement. Worked out well for Conor since everybody wants to say look what Conor got why not Woodley ha.

Told everybody this was happening. Georges is in a rare position of power. Dana and the UFC has more need for him than he does for them the guy is set for life. He's got the game slayed his bills paid and his money made. He doesn't have to take a bad deal to come back and work for a goof like Dana.

I heard this a long time ago. Something about Under Armour not wanting him to wear the reebok garbage.
If there is an issue in negotiation, I have no doubt it's related to his sponsorship by Under Armor.

Back