Report from Assyrian News site of Islamists destroying 3000 year old statues

Yeah when they don't really give a shit about partially destroying a 1300 year old mosque (Umayyad in Damascus) - what makes you think they'll give a damn about any other historical site/building.
It's like how the salafists in Saudi have destroyed countless pre-Islamic & Islamic sites for a long time now.

Interesting that it was built on top of a church. It was a lovely piece of architecture. They basically destroyed it anyway, it doesn't look as great as it once did.

weird when relics hold a higher value then a group of humans

why can't they just kill each other and leave everything else alone?

but in all honesty it's not like we'll ever get to enjoy this, kind of like the pyramids, if you haven't already visited you likely won't ever see them

A lot of these people after the death of their family have nothing else except their history. Hell, these people all die for their culture and religion. It means a lot to them.

In the grand scheme of things and at the end of the day, it is just some rock but the systematic destruction of the people and their culture to go with them is the big deal.

They're doing what Genghis Khan and their sons did thousand years ago when they invaded Baghdad and destroyed a lot of their monuments, libraries, mosques, etc while making a pile of skulls of Baghdad residents in the process. History repeating itself.

They're doing what Genghis Khan and their sons did thousand years ago when they invaded Baghdad and destroyed a lot of their monuments, libraries, mosques, etc while making a pile of skulls of Baghdad residents in the process. History repeating itself.

Yeah, but that horror actually came to an end after a few weeks after which the Khan decreed for the city to be rebuilt. Mongols were incredibly brutal but not brain dead.

These guys seem content on beheading every single human being until there is nobody left but them.

Who cares? Honestly, I hate how people idolize statues, and art. Destroying it changes nothing.

And they have every right to destroy it, if they feel it represents something evil and obsolete.

Who cares? Honestly, I hate how people idolize statues, and art. Destroying it changes nothing.

And they have every right to destroy it, if they feel it represents something evil and obsolete.

You should really think before posting asinine, nonsense which paints you daft.

I guess they had the right to fly planes into buildings too, killing thousands. I mean, they believed that their targets were evil. It is their right. Maybe it was their right to barbecue some reporters head as well, I mean he was evil too?

When you threw in the "obsolete" part it brought the lols. As though hitting a statue of a civilization which was far more advanced than theirs with a hammer while wearing sandals and dressed like savages really drives home your point of obsolescence.

Think my friend, think. Neurons are your friend.

I guess they had the right to fly planes into buildings too, killing thousands. I mean, they believed that their targets were evil. It is their right. Maybe it was their right to barbecue some reporters head as well, I mean he was evil too?

When you threw in the "obsolete" part it brought the lols. As though hitting a statue of a civilization which was far more advanced than theirs with a hammer while wearing sandals and dressed like savages really drives home your point of obsolescence.

Think my friend, think. Neurons are your friend.

Thank you for saving me the trouble...

Is anybody who is even slightly familiar with this religion suprised in the least by this?

Stupid comparison

When a culture conquers another, they destroy the idols of the previous one. To them, it symbolizes something negative. There's a reason we destroyed Saddam's statue. Whether it's oppression, blasphemy, racism, or simply replacing it with a new culture - the why is irrelevant. It's about perspective.

If someone destroyed the Mona Lisa tomorrow, it wouldn't change a single thing.

Stupid comparison

When a culture conquers another, they destroy the idols of the previous one. To them, it symbolizes something negative. There's a reason we destroyed Saddam's statue. Whether it's oppression, blasphemy, racism, or simply replacing it with a new culture - the why is irrelevant. It's about perspective.

Haha.. no no, THIS is stupid: "they have every right to destroy it, if they feel it represents something evil and obsolete."

Please don't just blast right over this ^^^^ gem which you provided us with, sir.

Comparing the radical Islamists' destruction of Assyrian (and of other ancients not just in Syria but elsewhere) monuments to Saddam is inane on multiple levels. Saddam is not a culture or an empire, he's one man. The coalition didn't go out of their way to flatten the museum in Baghdad...That was these guys and their buddies who destroyed everything in it.

Even with all of that said, you are dead wrong. Not all conquering cultures disintegrate the assets of the vanquished, evident in the fact that we have museums filled with metric tonnes of stuff from Mesoamerica, Middle East, Central Asia, Europe, etc..
Even the Mongols preserved Damascus. Alexander the Great razed Persepolis but preserved Babylon. The Nazis did not destroy as much as they stole. Many of these 'conquering' civilizations as you put it tended to destroy some things so as to teach a lesson but they did not go out there with the sole purpose of extinguishing every other culture except for theirs. These people whom you are sympathizing with will not be content until they kill everything that is not them. The Mongols who sacked Baghdad would be ashamed of those with whom you sympathize.

Not sure if you've noticed but we with adequately functioning brains, in the 21st century tend to preserve, because we're not brain dead, Saudi savages. British museum is a great place to start to see said preservation.

Last edited:
Stupid comparison.

Is it only stupid because it wrecks your post, or because you don't get it?

LOL, conquered? You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? These people are destroying somthing made by their ancestors before Islam. Theyr'e the same people

Is it only stupid because it wrecks your post, or because you don't get it?

LOL, conquered? You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? These people are destroying somthing made by their ancestors before Islam. Theyr'e the same people

I would suspect that these guys are either from some terrorist ridden country or very likely, Saudi Arabia (the #1 terrorist breeding ground). The ancestors of the Mesopotamians would be too proud to destroy such precious artifacts. Hell, the Muslim Abbasids and Umayyads were never so brain dead, though they were extremely brutal in their own right. Don't expect much to come from anything in the Arabian region. Their culture is built on destroying the culture of others.

You would have to be brain dead to follow this militant ideology which has claimed the lives of so many people. Even the conquering hordes of the past did not have shit for brains like these guys.

I would suspect that these guys are either from some terrorist ridden country or very likely, Saudi Arabia.

It looks to me, from what can be seen of the people in the pictures are probably of Assyrian decent themselves. From my time in the Middle East, those people are normally a little lighter complected.

The ancestors of the Mesopotamians would be too proud to destroy such precious artifacts

These people are Muslims, you have to remember that. It's the most extreme religion on the planet.

You would have to be brain dead to follow this militant ideology which has claimed the lives of so many people. Even the conquering hordes of the past did not have shit for brains like these guys.

Islam is a plague on the world. It just is.

Interesting that it was built on top of a church. It was a lovely piece of architecture. They basically destroyed it anyway, it doesn't look as great as it once did.

Huh...how would you know what it looks like when there is no physical representation of what the church supposedly looked like? You've obviously never been to the Umayyad mosque....you're 'Muzzie' hate is especially nonsensical today more so than the usual incoherent ramblings I usually see. I suppose you'd probably think the Taj Mahal is pretty shitty as well since it's Indo-Islamic architecture.

Woah, you're acting like no other culture/race has ever done that....

Huh...how would you know what it looks like when there is no physical representation of what the church supposedly looked like? You've obviously never been to the Umayyad mosque....you're 'Muzzie' hate is especially nonsensical today more so than the usual incoherent ramblings I usually see. I suppose you'd probably think the Taj Mahal is pretty shitty as well since it's Indo-Islamic architecture.

Woah, you're acting like no other culture/race has ever done that....

I was talking about the mosque you vagabond.

Umayyad-Mosque-2.jpg

Back to whence you came.

^^^^^

This is what it looks like now:

1366845316-historic-minaret-of-the-great-umayyad-mosque-destroyed-in-aleppo_1991815.jpg

_63505294_umayyad_destroyed_afp.jpg

I've always loved history, people who destroy historical sites are fucking stupid.

^^^^^

This is what it looks like now:

I've always loved history, people who destroy historical sites are fucking stupid.

It doesn't look like immense structural damage - in those pictures at least.

It can be rebuilt. I'm sure it has been redecorated a dozen times since its construction.

Agree with you there, it's such a shame.

I wonder what they believe they are gaining from these crimes.

Heaven.

They believe that their god has commanded that they conquer and destroy all other belief systems. All images, sounds, and people that contradict their beliefs must also be destroyed.

They believe that, if they obey, that they will live forever in a teenage boys fantasy of what heaven must be like. A lush garden with cool, clean streams, wearing the finest clothes and jewels, being served sexually and in other ways by 72 gorgeous virgin girls who become revirginized every day, and many beautiful young serving boys (yes really).

It's the ultimate hedonistic fantasy and is the complete opposite of the shitty and deprived existence that they live now.

They have plenty of motivation to commit the most horrible acts against their fellow humans and to destroy all signs of human history, philosophy, religion, and art that don't support their religious narrative.

Back