Report: Boetsch never suffered broken hand confirmed by doctors and medical report.

it's accidental, and Costa whipped that ass

Yeah he did!

accidental or not, it definitely played a role in Boetsch's decline

I'm just glad Boetsch lost. :\

Fight should have been a NC.

Eye poke and head butt.The head butt was accidental but caused Boetsch to not be able to see.

Butt_zps258bdcf8.gif

Poke_zps4f905d80.gif

It's his fault for telling the ref he could continue.

No it should have been ruled A NC when two illegal moves clearly effected the fight ... Accidental or not they effected the fight in a big way ..

affected* Just saying, not trying to be rude. :\

Tim screwed himself. Case in point when he was asked could he see he told his corner "Fuck NO" but told the ref He could and continued to fight. Wagner Prado got poked and asked the same and said he couldn't see and it was ruled a NC.

It comes down to would you rather go out on your shield and fight handicapped or do the smart thing and avoid more damage. and not take a loss. The NC was there he knew what to do but he didn't.

This!

lol most headbutts are.

And?

If you watched the fight, they clashed heads, and Tim started pouring blood from that spot, which is stitched up in his post fight pics - no punch split his forehead open, it was the headbutt. It happens in MMA and in this case, Tim got the short end of the stick and blood dumped down his face.

The eye poke was a full on multi-finger jab into his eyeball. I can't tell you why Tim didnt ask for more time to recover, but I am sure at some point in your life you have been poked in the eye and you should know that makes everything go blurry.

He won the first round handily. Thats just how it went down this time.

Stop using the blood as an excuse. Tim gets bloddy every fight, he had no problem winning his fights when he was a bloddy mess. Now all of a sudden he looses and the blood is now an issue.
To many people looking for excuses , we see these things in mma happen all the time. Maybe you should give costa some credit. Maybe it was that massive uppercut he landed on Tim or the when he shattered and Broke tims nose that changed the way tim looked instead of trying to discredit the costa and give him no credit in the out come of the fight.
If Tims eye was so bad he should have taken the tim instead of taking hardly any time ti recover, Tim was ready to go right away. If his eye was in such bad shape he clearly would have taken more time, thats coomon sence.

Last edited:
Yeah he did!

I'm just glad Boetsch lost. :\

It's his fault for telling the ref he could continue.

affected* Just saying, not trying to be rude. :\

This!

And?

I stand corrected, thank you for the grammar lesson. Not being facetious:)

Stop using the blood as an excuse. Tim gets bloddy every fight, he had no problem winning his fights when he was a bloddy mess. Now all of a sudden he looses and the blood is now an issue.
To many people looking for excuses , we see these things in mma happen all the time. Maybe Costa you should give costa some credit. Maybe it was that massive uppercut he landen on Tim or the when he shattered and Broke tims nose instead of trying to discredit the guy and give him no credit in the out come of the fight.
If Tims eye was so bad he should have taken the tim instead of taking hardly any time ti recover, Tim was ready to go right away. If his eye was in such bad shape he clearly would have taken more time, thats coomon sence.

My friend, I think you are being a little bit bombastic with the eye poke. Watch the gif - a gang of fingers stabs him full force directly in his eyeball.

If you are not willing to admit that blurred his vision, there really isn't much point in debating this anyhow. Of course it did. Only Tim knows why he didn't take longer to recover, maybe it was foolish pride. We will never know. But we do know from plain to see footage he took a debilitating foul.

The headbutt and poke worked against him, in a fight he was winning. Costa took advantage and pulled out a big win, so props to him. Could he have won the fight without those two things occurring? Nobody knows.

Costa Philippou did great and smashed him big ups to him

Yeah, now we know he only had a cut from a headbutt and got poked in the eye. Costa shan't be discredited!

Right. It was pretty obvious in the later rounds Boetsch was having major problems with his vision. The whole things sucks. It sucks for Boetsch and it sucks for Costa. Costa went out there and did what he was supposed to do, but a few freak accidents happen and his win gets discredited (rightfully so, mind you).

I personally find it insulting to Costa to act like he needs you to pretend this fight wasn't wonky. Costa deserves the opportunity to prove the headbutt and eye poke weren't why he won the fight, just as much as Boetsch deserves the opportunity to prove they were. Any honest fan is going to look at this fight and see a great big asterisk next to the result, and both guys deserve the opportunity to take that asterisk away.

He still suffered a cut from an accidental headbutt and he was illegally poked in the eye. I liked both fighters before this fight, even thought that Philippou was legit before most people did, but man, it's hard to believe that all the eye pokes in Philippous last two fights were on accident.

I don't see why so many people are surprised about the outcome. Boetsch is a very tough dude but Costa has the higher level boxing.

He still suffered a cut from an accidental headbutt and he was illegally poked in the eye. I liked both fighters before this fight, even thought that Philippou was legit before most people did, but man, it's hard to believe that all the eye pokes in Philippous last two fights were on accident.

What? His Last two fights? Costas last fight he almost lost an eye by an eye poke much worse then the one he deleivered to Tim.
Costa was on the ground sceaming like a child on the ground for like 5 mins yet he conyinued the fight and won. George was poked bad in the eye by Sheilds and found a way to win. Thats the better fighter does, he fights through adversity and wins.
Tim being the top 5-10 guy that he is in the rankings should have been able to over come what many others in much worse positions have overcome only to have still won being Costa being ranked as a top 20 guy.

Last edited:
Tim screwed himself. Case in point when he was asked could he see he told his corner "Fuck NO" but told the ref He could and continued to fight. Wagner Prado got poked and asked the same and said he couldn't see and it was ruled a NC.

It comes down to would you rather go out on your shield and fight handicapped or do the smart thing and avoid more damage. and not take a loss. The NC was there he knew what to do but he didn't.

Tim responded "Fuck NO" when Hume asked if he wanted to quit...

Thanks for the info. Something was up with his right hand though, Rogan and Boetsch's corner didn't create that image I was seeing.

Yeah, now we know he only had a cut from a headbutt and got poked in the eye. Costa shan't be discredited!

If the headbutt didn't cut him, Costa's GNP would have. Baw.

According to Boetsch's Facebook page he had torn cartilage in his ribs in the 1st round.

My friend, I think you are being a little bit bombastic with the eye poke. Watch the gif - a gang of fingers stabs him full force directly in his eyeball.

If you are not willing to admit that blurred his vision, there really isn't much point in debating this anyhow. Of course it did. Only Tim knows why he didn't take longer to recover, maybe it was foolish pride. We will never know. But we do know from plain to see footage he took a debilitating foul.

The headbutt and poke worked against him, in a fight he was winning. Costa took advantage and pulled out a big win, so props to him. Could he have won the fight without those two things occurring? Nobody knows.

Every fighter suffers some sort of blurred vision if they get hit in eye fight thats just what happen it not something new.
I am not debating that blurred vision playes a role Im just saying this kind of stuff happens in almost every fight. This is nothing new. Fighters gets punched in the eye poked and either way if it swells and your gonna start having vision problems. People look way to much into these fights.
It's a fight and and stuff happens last time Costa was poked much worse in the eye by Fukuda and Costa was screaming in pain like a child on the groung for 5 mins, he continued the fight and won. You cant have it both ways. Tim being the top 5-10 guy should have been able to overcome his injury considering he took a grand total of less then 2 mins to recover. It's on him then if he was a stupid enough to just fight without taking all the time he needed for his eye to clear. That makes me beleive his eye was not as bad as some of you want to make it seem to be. If it was so bad as you would like to believe it to be it would be mentioned in the medical records that are now public that before being cleareed he would have to see an ophthalmologist before being cleared to fight. Tim is suspended 180 days for a broken nose and thats all. If there was anything wrong with his eye the commision would not let him have any contact and suspend him until he is cleared by an ophthalmologist. Which does not apply here since the Medical reports show Tim suffered a Broken nose and NO broken hand and NO eye damage . People looking for anyway to discredit Costa. These things happen all the time.

Last edited:
I will never count this as a legit win and I am a fan of neither. The same way I treat Lombard vs Boetsch fight which was a terrible decision. Boetsch shouldn't call himself unlucky considering the outcome of his last three fights.

According to Boetsch's Facebook page he had torn cartilage in his ribs in the 1st round.

Notice how Tim didn't mention his eye pokes or headbutt? He knows it's a non issue. It's his fans and the Costa haters that want to discredit him by saying hi hand is brok , which has been proven to be un true or are making way too much out of the clash of heads and eye poke. Stuff happens all the time get over it.

I will never count this as a legit win and I am a fan of neither. The same way I treat Lombard vs Boetsch fight which was a terrible decision. Boetsch shouldn't call himself unlucky considering the outcome of his last three fights.

Then I guess there will be alot of fights you wont be calling legit wins then.

Back