Report: Bellator 120 PPV buys estimated at 65,000 for 'Rampage vs. King Mo'

PPl complain about fighter pay in the UFC but they don't realize that the UFC brand name on its own is worth 100-150k PPV.

They can put on a half arsed PPV and still triple the Bellator Numbers.

Big numbers int he UFC come as a result of a synergy between high draw fighters and the UFC brand.
One with out the other = failure in PPV draw.
We saw this when Affliciton put on absolutely STACKED cards with Fedor and could barley crack 100k PPVs.

Put those IDENTICAL cards on a UFC headline and they would do 400k+.

Ppl need to factor in the UFC draw power when they argue fighter pay and revenue generation and wealth sharing. There needs to be a good balance.

Thank you. This nails it. This is what I was missing on my projection and I wish I'd thought about it like this sooner. Although it is easier to justify it now that there is statistical evidence (and I love me my stats).

I was discounting Affliction and such because they did not have television to promote their shows. And the one company that did was WEC but that was an anomaly because of the Zuffa factor.

Where's all the Shertards who guaranteed 200k+ and even would go on multi-paragraph rants on why it will do 200k+ and labeled anybody that didn't believe so as "haters". lol

I watched several good Bellator bouts for "free" on paid cable TV, so I might buy their PPV if it has more than 3 interesting bouts.

Bahahah ahha and people said it would do 200K+

Well I said 400K+
I was counting in a lot of trannies buy in the card.
It seems they did not :-(

Not that bad with the proposed main event not happening - ufc did 230 on baro vs faber bigger names than brooks vs chandler

This is similar and roughly did a 1/3 of that number

Bjorn should be happy

not very good to me. after what they probably paid tito, plus wasnt it only $35? they couldnt have made hardly any money, i also heard the gate struggled?

What I'd heard was the contract they had with the venue paid Bellator a fixed amount to host the event, and kept any profit. So a small gate may not have been as bad for Bellator as it sounded. If it was really bad it might make other venues wary of hosting, or hurt Bellator going forward with what they can get from a venue though.

It could really have been worse

The question Bellator need to ask themselves is what can they do to raise buys next time?

They really put their best foot forward this time so it's gonna be tough

Well I said 400K+
I was counting in a lot of trannies buy in the card.
It seems they did not :-(

You thought da bomber was going to buy 400k times didn't you?

Da Bombers already said it was guaranteed 300k+ so this must be a lie.

For all the fuss about the low % of revenue that fighters get... How come everyone tolerates the PPV providers taking 50% of the revenue off all these shows?

I'm not an expert in the business, but that sounds like a disproportionate share relative to their contribution for making the whole thing happen.

Because they own all the equipment that allows it to happen. You simply do not understand their contribution.

So it sold about 3 times as much as Bellator haters said it would sell. Not bad.

No it sold about exactly what people said it would, about 50k. I saw people get attacked for suggesting it would only do 100k and labelled as haters and UFC shills.

I said 50-100k. I guess I was right. With Rampage vs Tito, the next one should do a bit better. But Bellator is officially becoming a place where UFC rejects and over the hill fighters go to get some paychecks before retiring. That destroys their being an alternative to the UFC speech.

So fighters like Georges St. Pierre and Brock Lesnar shouldn't have made anything because it was the UFC banner right? Even though they consistently put on cards with upwards of 1 million ppv buys.

Lets say the average UFC ppv event generated 500,000 ppv buys and the average GSP ppv generated 800,000 ppvs. Does GSP not get any credit for that huge differential? Especially when you are talking about what could easily amount to an addition $10 million if not more in revenue.

Wow this post from a black belt.

You need to read what i wrote buddy.

Its a synergy the big numbers do not come without a synergy.
So obviously GSP and Brock are worthy of receiving large amounts of money for carrying the PPV above and beyond the UFC brand name worth.

You thought da bomber was going to buy 400k times didn't you?

I did. And I am very disappointed he did not..
I thought he was a true fan of mma!
But it seems he is just a poser after all.
He should have bought at least 200K ppv to support Bjorn.

Back