Report: Bellator 120 PPV buys estimated at 65,000 for 'Rampage vs. King Mo'

Bahahah ahha and people said it would do 200K+

Is this more pay per view buys than any of the pride pay per views did?

I was just reading someone on this today and I can't find the article to link to but I believe the highest Pride number was 35,000

im silently laughing at every poster who ever said rampage or tito were good draws.
This card doesn't hit 65k without them. You throw Chandler/Alvarez as Main Event and fill it with all Bellator guys, the card doesn't hit 20k.

All the talk about Mo, Rampage, and Tito after the event. Brooks and Chandler fell to the background, nobody gave a shit about Ivanov and Volkov afterwards, and Page probably was the standout star.

Bellator needs guys like Rampage and Tito, whether we want to admit it or not. Tito and Rampage/Mo was talked about for a week after it happened.

They didn't "sell' well but no card Bellator can do at this point is going to sell well. What it can do is get people talking about Bellator. And who have we all been talking about since?

Tito, Rampage and Mo. They are the guys that are going to bring dudes like Brooks and Page to being bigger stars.

sorry, I maybe should have explained myself better. What i meant was 43K was random, in that most would have put 45K or 40K or 50K....round it up or down if you will.

Just my style I guess. 43 felt right :)

Watch, actual full-disclosure will come out at some point and it will be 42,994.

I read that Tito's deal, gave him between $5-$7 per buy PPV bonus over 50k buys. That's a ton of money to pay.

7 x 65000 = $455,000 in PPV bonus. Not including his base pay.

No. Just like with the UFC contracts they get paid for PPV buys OVER that amount. If this done 65,000 buys and he gets a PPV bonus for over 50,000 buys.... Then he gets paid a PPV bonus on 15,000 buys so roughly $75,000-105,000.

Do you really think they would put themselves in a spot of having to pay Tito Ortiz $400,000-500,000 in bonus money for a PPV event that most likely was gonna lose money?

Bellator makes money off free shows on TV but didnt make money on a PPV card? Lol keep hatin

Can't remember what the Bellator PPV was.
50K x $35 is $1,750,000. If the PPV folks get half that leaves $850,000. How much extra were the fighters salaries for this event? I can't see Spike paying $850,000 for every TV broadcast show, so they must be able to "break even" normally, for a lot less.

For all the fuss about the low % of revenue that fighters get... How come everyone tolerates the PPV providers taking 50% of the revenue off all these shows?

I'm not an expert in the business, but that sounds like a disproportionate share relative to their contribution for making the whole thing happen.

im silently laughing at every poster who ever said rampage or tito were good draws.

Someone else said it but they are good draws. If they were still in UFC, they'd be strong semi-main eventers at worst. I just over-estimated how much that would translate to Bellator.

Someone else said it but they are good draws. If they were still in UFC, they'd be strong semi-main eventers at worst. I just over-estimated how much that would translate to Bellator.

PPl complain about fighter pay in the UFC but they don't realize that the UFC brand name on its own is worth 100-150k PPV.

They can put on a half arsed PPV and still triple the Bellator Numbers.

Big numbers int he UFC come as a result of a synergy between high draw fighters and the UFC brand.
One with out the other = failure in PPV draw.
We saw this when Affliciton put on absolutely STACKED cards with Fedor and could barley crack 100k PPVs.

Put those IDENTICAL cards on a UFC headline and they would do 400k+.

Ppl need to factor in the UFC draw power when they argue fighter pay and revenue generation and wealth sharing. There needs to be a good balance.

Bellator PPV was entertaining, UFC needs another competitor to keep it honest/humble

If UFC ends up being the only MMA organization it will turn to a monopoly and rigged like NBA NHL, NFL, MLB

Bellator PPV was entertaining, UFC needs another competitor to keep it honest/humble

If UFC ends up being the only MMA organization it will turn to a monopoly and rigged like NBA NHL, NFL, MLB

Unfortunately the UFC already is a functional monopoly.

Much more so now than even when Strikeforce / Affliction were their main competitors.

The good news? Since EVERYONE but hardcore fans think MMA and UFC are the same thing, the UFC could conceivably lose the rights to the UFC trade name. But still unlikely.

PPl complain about fighter pay in the UFC but they don't realize that the UFC brand name on its own is worth 100-150k PPV.

They can put on a half arsed PPV and still triple the Bellator Numbers.

Big numbers int he UFC come as a result of a synergy between high draw fighters and the UFC brand.
One with out the other = failure in PPV draw.
We saw this when Affliciton put on absolutely STACKED cards with Fedor and could barley crack 100k PPVs.

Put those IDENTICAL cards on a UFC headline and they would do 400k+.

Ppl need to factor in the UFC draw power when they argue fighter pay and revenue generation and wealth sharing. There needs to be a good balance.

So fighters like Georges St. Pierre and Brock Lesnar shouldn't have made anything because it was the UFC banner right? Even though they consistently put on cards with upwards of 1 million ppv buys.

Lets say the average UFC ppv event generated 500,000 ppv buys and the average GSP ppv generated 800,000 ppvs. Does GSP not get any credit for that huge differential? Especially when you are talking about what could easily amount to an addition $10 million if not more in revenue.

Back