Replaying Video Games from your childhood.

Wish I had extra time to play video games.
i still get to play sparingly , PS4 had a year in review and I logged in around 200hrs for the whole year so around 2hrs a day , saw other friends logging in 500-700 hrs hehehe

What’s the replay like on the original Zelda?

Brutal. It's such a cryptic mess, and then it hits you that nobody ever got anywhere in the game without "Nintendo Power".

My family and I have Frogger contests every once in a while. This console is hilarious.

iu

Recently got a mini-megadrive as a gift to a pal ... Streets of rage and Golden axe are still fucking ROCKING !!!

On topic I installed Shovel Knight on my pc ... It's-fucking-awesome

Why Shovel Knight is awesome.

Xenogears from PS1 was amazing

i tell you what never stops being annoying though, jumping over a gap in Ninja Gaiden and a random flying thing teleporting outta thin air to be right in your path

good times?

if you could beat Contra, or especially Lifeforce (Salamander for foreign cats) or TMNT the game WITHOUT the Konami code you are a living God

Tried to replay Crash Bandicoot but I just can’t do it
In my experience with nostalgia and games
It’s better left in your mind

Video game nostalgia always takes me back to simpler times when all I had to care about was getting home from school and playing games
0 problems
Such a great time

did anyone else use the second controller trick in Mega Man III? kinda like it's used to battle Psycho Mantis or whatever in Metal Gear Solid?

if you hold 'right' on the D Pad of the second controller, Mega Man can super jump off the screen, go into gaps and pits, etc... which also can make him invulnerable (but he loses his main blaster in this state, you have to use an enemy power up)

If you hold 'up' on the D pad of the second controller, it freezes the game and enemies to super slow (almost completely frozen), which allows you to body bosses super easy

i still get to play sparingly , PS4 had a year in review and I logged in around 200hrs for the whole year so around 2hrs a day , saw other friends logging in 500-700 hrs hehehe
I still have my old PS3, lol. The only game I will play randomly is SSF2T HD Remix. However last time I logged in was probably over 6 months ago.

Super Mario 1 - World, I'll replay once in a while, Punchout & Superpunchout, and Zelda: A Link to the Past is still one of the best gaming expreiences ever. I also had some favorites from the Sega Mastersystem that I had some nostalgia for, particularly WonderBoy 3 which got an HD remake a few years ago, and Psycho Fox which has a HUGE learning curve but gets to be very fun.

The sad thing is that there are a lot of games you loved as a kid that age like milk.

I replay classics from SNES occasionaly (like Zelda, Donkey Kongs, Addams Family). A few years ago I tried some games from PS1 era, like Crash and Spyro, they did not age well in my opinion. Too slow and clumsy.

I go through Final Fantasy 6 every once in a while. My all time favorite game

Just finished LoZ:OOT a couple of days ago. NES is definitely my favorite console. Hard games that were also fun.........Castlevania 1 & 3, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Batman, Zelda 2.

Past few weeks I’ve been running through a few of my favorite games from when I was a kid. Unfortunately no SNES stuff Donkey Kong, Mario, etc. PS1 era games. Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7-10. These games helped mold me growing up.

Anyway replaying them.. the nostalgia and Joy of playing through something I was so invested in 20 years ago. Brought back so many good memories and helped a lot with the depression I’ve been going through lately.

I definitely recommend if you have the time.
I have a Xbox One and the game pass subscription is awesome. They had a sale on Final Fantasy and I picked up 7-10 Remasters for like $50.
Bro, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, and Final Fight were my shit. Also the old Robocop.

Back