Replaying Video Games from your childhood.

Hard as f.

I have no clue how I beat old nes and genesis/snes games without codes. Games now are as easy as bitches on tinder in comparison. Don't believe me, try beating contra without the 30 man trick or getting past the first few levels of battle toads or silver surfer. Murder.

I've replayed through most of the hardest NES games worth playing. It's nice to share these things with your kids and show them how hard the average games were back in the day.

Every time I play an old game I'm always annoyed by how shitty the controls are and I wind up hating a game I once loved.

cdc1881331764588.jpg

This is true for a LOT of games that were caught in the midst of the 3D revolution, where developers hadn't really figured it out yet, and we just put up with it, because of the visuals.

"Golden Eye" is the biggest one for me, where I was in love with it as a kid, and it trained me how to deal with it's controls because I didn't know any better. Play it now though, and it's barely functional.

This is true for a LOT of games that were caught in the midst of the 3D revolution, where developers hadn't really figured it out yet, and we just put up with it, because of the visuals.

"Golden Eye" is the biggest one for me, where I was in love with it as a kid, and it trained me how to deal with it's controls because I didn't know any better. Play it now though, and it's barely functional.
The visuals look like ASS.

I can still play sprite based games like Suikoden but polygonal games are an absolute eyesore.

Just look at this shit.

squall_lol.jpg

Just hoping in to say DMC3 was my favorite game of the ps2 era & DMCV is the goty of the last 3 years for me.

The soundtracks for 8 bit games were amazing considering the tech they had to produce the tunes.

Silver surfer music still haunts my life anytime I hear it....i think of dying, over and over and over....

The graphics for this game looked mind blowing to me when it first came out...

I didn't have video games as a kid...I got into PC gaming in my teens though. I get nostalgic for Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear, the original Ghost Recon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Vietcong (way underrated!).

Ghost Recon's single player was never great...but the clan v clan multiplayer was awesome. RTCW's singleplayer holds up...still scary even.

The graphics for this game looked mind blowing to me when it first came out...

I love old school adventure games, but I think we can all agree that the graphics and animations were a big part of it. They were pulling off shit that you just couldn't, in games that required split second input at every turn.

They played to their strengths, that's for sure.

I do that but more I'll watch the gameplay on YT or listen to the music of the games on YT as well. Some games aged horribly some aged like fine wine.

Sensory memory is the strongest. Playing these old games can make you hear the record(s) you listen to while playing them originally or smell the candle that was burning or taste the candy you ate or hear the phone ring and know who's calling because she called everytime you played... Oh nostalgia...
Amen

i wish i still had tony hawk 2.

I kept my ps2 and bought the game again, fuckin dope! never lost it's replay value. I was at some mom and pop game store last year that sells old games and other stuff. Tony Hawk 2 got remade for the original xbox, I wanted to buy but I dont own a working xbox anymore. guess they added more shit to it idk?

Tony_Hawk%27s_Pro_Skater_2x_cover_art.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the FF7 remake.
I also emulated Banjo-Kazooie (N64) awhile back, that game rocked then and still rocks now. Solid af level design, controls and humour.

I play mega man 2 it is actually the only reason I bought an NES classic. I'm trying to get a neo geo mini arcade to play samurai showdown 1 and 2

I recently played through the first three Monkey Island games again. Good stuff.

Met Ron Gilbert once too, interesting guy.

Im not one of those people that gets blinded by the nostalgia factor. I find most NES games unplayable now, with a few exceptions like Super Mario Bros 3 and surprisingly for many of you TMNT 1.

For me SNES its were it gets good between gameplay and 2d graphics.

I'm fiending to play Duke Nukem Time To Kill & Roll Cage

Back