Replaying Video Games from your childhood.

Nintendo has a special place in my heart, Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby etc

Castlevania SOTN is another one.

Xenogears
FF Tactics
Secret of Mana
Legacy of Kain (all but Blood Omen 2)

giphy.gif

Recently played through the first Onimusha game, graphics and voice acting were so dated but the gameplay holds up surprisingly well. I would kill for a Metal Gear definitive box set that included The Twin Snakes and rest of the series.

The thing with Zelda Ocarina of Time is you'd forget what the crazy secret thing is to get past a certain area.

I tried to replay Goldeneye on the N64 recently and it just feels wrong playing a shooter with only one joystick.

I haven’t played any video games in nearly a year and have barely played at all during my adult life... but damn one of my biggest regrets is that I gave away my original PlayStation 1 and all of my games when I was a teenager.

It would be cool to get baked and play crash bandicoot or Spyro the dragon now.
Just get a modded ps1 classic

I still haven't finished Final Fantasy X-2.

The thing with Zelda Ocarina of Time is you'd forget what the crazy secret thing is to get past a certain area.
I honestly don’t know how people finished it without some sort of help form a walk through. Some of the secrets literally involved bombing a random unmarked area in the middle of a field somewhere.

I haven't finished Final Fantasy X on PS2. Was playing too much Blitzball or whatever that underwater soccer was called.

That’s one I won’t play haha. Not a fan of how they changed it. What’s awesome about all the remasters of 7, 8, 9, & 10 is they added in game mods were you can play in 3x time and No Random Encounters. Makes for a quicker playthough. And helps with having to read so much damn text in the earlier games.

I haven't finished Final Fantasy X on PS2. Was playing too much Blitzball or whatever that underwater soccer was called.

I liked X a lot. But X-2's story just wasn't interesting to me. I haven't finished Final Fantasy XII either.

I have to start with Pong.

Last edited:
I liked X a lot. But X-2's story just wasn't interesting to me. I haven't finished Final Fantasy XII either.
I haven't finished FF 9, the one on PS1, I think, with the little guy with very large hat.

Only one I ever routinely go back to is FF7. Still immediately hooks me.
In the remaster they added in game mods to play in 3x time and turn off random encounters. Makes it so much better.

I used to have a modded xbox with emulators. I'd play Rygar on NES all the time. I also loved playing Twisted Metal on PS1.
I have a modded PSP that has a shit ton of emulators on it.

Back