Replaying Video Games from your childhood.

MeatWagon06

Biting on Feints
@Silver
Reaction score
Past few weeks I’ve been running through a few of my favorite games from when I was a kid. Unfortunately no SNES stuff Donkey Kong, Mario, etc. PS1 era games. Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7-10. These games helped mold me growing up.

Anyway replaying them.. the nostalgia and Joy of playing through something I was so invested in 20 years ago. Brought back so many good memories and helped a lot with the depression I’ve been going through lately.

I definitely recommend if you have the time.
I have a Xbox One and the game pass subscription is awesome. They had a sale on Final Fantasy and I picked up 7-10 Remasters for like $50.

Past few weeks I’ve been running through a few of my favorite games from when I was a kid. Unfortunately no SNES stuff Donkey Kong, Mario, etc. PS1 era games. Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7-10. These games helped mold me growing up.

Anyway replaying them.. the nostalgia and Joy of playing through something I was so invested in 20 years ago. Brought back so many good memories and helped a lot with the depression I’ve been going through lately.

I definitely recommend if you have the time.
I have a Xbox One and the game pass subscription is awesome. They had a sale on Final Fantasy and I picked up 7-10 Remasters for like $50.
Wtf ff 7?

I’ve tried to play some of them and honestly, most are pretty boring. It is merely the nostalgia factor that brought me back. But it is like watching some shows you watched as a kid, trying to re-watch them you realize how corny and bad they were. Yet, certain movies, like Ninja or martial arts flicks I’ll rewatch if they’re on TV.

Only one I ever routinely go back to is FF7. Still immediately hooks me.

No Mercy is still a good game. Can’t stand the new wrestling games. Ocarina is highly replayable as well.

I went back and played this a few months ago. So much nostalgia. Completed the game in about 1 hour though which was sad. I remember dedicating entire weekends to playing it back when it was new.

256px-Robo_Pit_cover.jpg

I play mostly retro games these days especially SNES. I do not have time to get involved with a 100+ hour game or something ridiculous like that so I prefer the more straightforward older games. Plus with emulators and a Bluetooth controller I can just play them on my phone wherever.

We had a sega Saturn, Laura Croft tomb raider my first love
Sega rally championship
Bug

Ps2
GTA and Tony hawks pro skater

we probably still have them in the loft

I used to have a modded xbox with emulators. I'd play Rygar on NES all the time. I also loved playing Twisted Metal on PS1.

Wish I had extra time to play video games.

I haven’t played any video games in nearly a year and have barely played at all during my adult life... but damn one of my biggest regrets is that I gave away my original PlayStation 1 and all of my games when I was a teenager.

It would be cool to get baked and play crash bandicoot or Spyro the dragon now.

I bought a mini snes a while ago, loved it but it doesn't make it out of the box often.

I am however watching Danger Mouse with my boys. They like it almost as much as I do.

Old games are the best. Pick up and play, dont need hours to learn and a hundred more to complete

Back