Replaying The Last of Us

this is one of the games that's ok until you pass a certain area and suddenly it takes off.. very much like a great novel that starts out slow but becomes a page turner a third of the way through reading it. I actually stopped playing early on the PS3 version because I thought it was just ok. Then I bought a PS4 and the remastered verson. As I was playing it again I thought to myself "damn this game is still the same.. just okay to me...:" Then I pass the point I had stopped and the game literally took off and I was like "wow.. I get it".. By the time I was done it was one of best gaming experience I ever had...

keep on playing bro.. u will get it...
At what point does it take off...I had the same experience and never "took off"

What point did you get to?

I'd say if you can't get invested after the first chapter(Summer?), it's probably not gonna click.

Personally for me it was after I completely left Boston and met up with Billy the smuggler. By then I was invested in the game.

If you reach Pittsburg and you still don't get it I don't think you will but I could be wrong.

thanks sirs. I will give it another shot as I don't think I gave it enough time, definitely not to Pittsburgh.

Not sure how close I am to the end but I'm at the University and I hope this sweet game doesn't end.

Just finished and what a game. Still got to play the "left behind" side story thing. Is it good?

I ave no idea how you guys play on those exteemeky hard modes. Everything kills me and i cant sneak up on anything. Easy more fir me, and maybe 2nd easiedt when im feeling hardcore. Lol

I ave no idea how you guys play on those exteemeky hard modes. Everything kills me and i cant sneak up on anything. Easy more fir me, and maybe 2nd easiedt when im feeling hardcore. Lol

Just takes time and creativity. On the harder modes you mainly want to sneak. Bricks and bottles will be your new best friends as they distract clickers so you can get past. Also have to hoard any ammo you get since it's so scarce and you'll eventually have to fight.

Gets irritating at times but I loved the challenge.

I finished it and thought it was OK but that was it.

I don't cry watching TV or movies though like you guys do,

Just takes time and creativity. On the harder modes you mainly want to sneak. Bricks and bottles will be your new best friends as they distract clickers so you can get past. Also have to hoard any ammo you get since it's so scarce and you'll eventually have to fight.

Gets irritating at times but I loved the challenge.

yeah you don't have to kill every clickers just the ones that you cannot sneak past. and I literally snuffed out almost every human enemy ninja style to save ammo.

the only mode I didn't get to play much of was grounded mode. I started the campaign but then another game took over and I never went back. I gotta get around to do it someday.

yeah you don't have to kill every clickers just the ones that you cannot sneak past. and I literally snuffed out almost every human enemy ninja style to save ammo.

the only mode I didn't get to play much of was grounded mode. I started the campaign but then another game took over and I never went back. I gotta get around to do it someday.

Same. Tried a bit to see how it was, and I can tell grounded will be INTENSE. Good thing is I replay TLOU at least once year so it won't be too long before I try it.

Back