Replacing my gloves recommendations...

I've had mine for not too long, maybe a month and a half. I've probably gone at least a hundred rounds on the heavy bag and they've broken in real well.

I had the Fairtex BGV1s for about a month or so but I got a refund on them because they didn't feel right (Amazon warehouse deals ftw). My knuckles would only be in contact with the padding when I'd connect, but there would otherwise be a strange gap between them. It didn't feel right. It was probably just a bad pair.

I tried the Fairtex out because of what I'd heard and the KO Fightgear gloves because of their quality and price. I don't do MT or kickboxing so I tend to stick with traditional boxing gloves. That said, I really do enjoy using the KO Fightgear gloves.

I find the KOs to be right in the middle of MT and Boxing gloves. MT cut but with a slightly curved thumb. And of course not too bulky lol

From experience I found that gloves on Amazon tend to have some kind of defects. I bought and returned a lot of gear in the last two years from Amazon and only kept one item. That could explain the good deals lol

From experience I found that gloves on Amazon tend to have some kind of defects. I bought and returned a lot of gear in the last two years from Amazon and only kept one item. That could explain the good deals lol
The great thing is that you can return them if you don't like them. I haven't had terrible luck with Amazon itself, just Amazon Warehouse deals. I probably return 40% of the stuff I get through Warehouse deals.

I just bought a pair of Cleto Reyes through Amazon for a decent price and they seem 100% legit. So I am a happy camper.

If you decide to get the BGV14, I'd love to get a full review or at least an initial one if you have the time. Those gloves look pretty sweet just by the look.

Will do. I actually pulled the trigger and ordered a pair. I was strongly considering the BGV14R with the crazy red stripes but 1) I wasn't sure I had the balls/skill to pull that off 2) didn't know how it would actually look in person and 3) it was a 3 week wait and my gloves are literally coming apart at the seems faster than I can temp stitch them back together. My BGV14s should be here this week and I'll report back with a review once I have a chance to use them. If I hate them or for whatever reason return them I'm going to try a pair of the KOs.

Will do. I actually pulled the trigger and ordered a pair. I was strongly considering the BGV14R with the crazy red stripes but 1) I wasn't sure I had the balls/skill to pull that off 2) didn't know how it would actually look in person and 3) it was a 3 week wait and my gloves are literally coming apart at the seems faster than I can temp stitch them back together. My BGV14s should be here this week and I'll report back with a review once I have a chance to use them. If I hate them or for whatever reason return them I'm going to try a pair of the KOs.

Great. I can't wait for your thoughts on them.

Just my take on it:

Although sometimes I dress like a Christmas tree for some people might have things to say about that. But imo, I'm just buying whatever color/pattern/design my gears or wear I like. I know for a fact that I am going to enjoy training more in the gear that I love more than regular low profile gear. Hence I enjoy training more, I train harder, I train longer, I train more frequently and I end up getting better a lot faster too. It has been one of my best motivation as a "gearaholic". I order new stuff every after a while, I get exited when they arrive, I spend hours and hours loving using them then in my mind I also want to get better to be sure I'm "worthy" of them, it's just straight up good motivation, you get re-energize by new gear that your love.

So may be it's just me, I don't care what other might say/think as long as I enjoy what I pay for and as long as I am not being an asshole to people about it.

I understand completely about your other concerns though. So which color did you end up ordering? If the result comes up good, I'll probably get a pair in near future too. All of them look really good, I particularly like the plain white or red with red having like a coca cola feel to it. Both the Japanese art one, Yellow+Black stripes and the red stripes one pattern look sexy as hell to me. lol

I went boring black with white lettering and red wrist since they shipped immediately and we're available in 14 oz. Honestly, I probably would have tried the crazy red striped design if it wasn't for the wait time. They look insanely awesome. My gloves are trashed and I needed these asap. Tracking says end of day Wednesday so I'm excited. Will be tough to go extra light on sparring Fridays this week, whole letting the gloves break in thing and all. ;)

I went boring black with white lettering and red wrist since they shipped immediately and we're available in 14 oz. Honestly, I probably would have tried the crazy red striped design if it wasn't for the wait time. They look insanely awesome. My gloves are trashed and I needed these asap. Tracking says end of day Wednesday so I'm excited. Will be tough to go extra light on sparring Fridays this week, whole letting the gloves break in thing and all. ;)
Nice! Did you order them through Amazon?

Also, did you buy through Amazon itself or through a third party seller? If the latter, then you might want to double check the return policy. If it's a third party but fulfilled by Amazon, then you're fine. Otherwise, you should be extra careful when trying on the gloves and make sure that they'll take them back before you test them out.

Third party but their return policy is the same as Amazon's (no other exclusions). I'm generally careful about that stuff anyway but appreciate the reminder. They have a perfect review rating so that's at least something, however small it may be.

Third party but their return policy is the same as Amazon's (no other exclusions). I'm generally careful about that stuff anyway but appreciate the reminder. They have a perfect review rating so that's at least something, however small it may be.
Very good. I'm sure the gloves will be as advertised. Let us know how they are when you get them!

In the meantime, you can watch the Olympics...

Super fast initial notes (better review to follow)...

They feel LIGHT. I know my Tokushu werr a bit heavy and got heavier over time but these feel light. They weigh fine 14.2 left and just over 14 oz right.

Stitching is tight and clean everywhere.

Microfiber is much smoother than leather of other gloves which opponents for sparring will appreciate.

They are longer than others but will help with blocking kicks.

Hand and thumb position are spot on perfect.

Padding is hard and will need to break in a bit but wasn't painful for a heavy bag session.

Wrist support is worse than my Tokushu.

Again, I'll post pics and a better review but that's my 1 day of heavy bag use report for now. :)

They feel LIGHT. I know my Tokushu werr a bit heavy and got heavier over time but these feel light. They weigh fine 14.2 left and just over 14 oz right.

Microfiber is much smoother than leather of other gloves which opponents for sparring will appreciate.

Padding is hard and will need to break in a bit but wasn't painful for a heavy bag session.

Again, I'll post pics and a better review but that's my 1 day of heavy bag use report for now. :)

Nice stuff, look forward to that full review. I wonder if this microfiber is easier or harder to clean than leather though. If they are easy to clean like synthetic/plastic-ky leather, I'd be getting the white/Japanese art one later for sure, otherwise probably not.

Did you get these?

811ia1BWLDL._SL1500_.jpg

Not op, but pretty sure he got these.
bgv14-black-3-960x960.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back