Replacing cable TV with Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV and Kodi?

Never had an issue and I've been using it for over a year now. What addon were you using?
I don't know what you mean, but this is what i bought and use.

I use "Channel 1" for movies and tv shows.

It looks like you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone with this deal... wanna tryout Sting TV and Roku ?

50% OFF the fully loaded Roku 3 or a FREE Roku 2 when you prepay three months($60) of Sling TV!

8X9cpgp.jpg

https://www.sling.com//devices/roku...cting&utm_medium=AffinCC&utm_campaign=ROKTDMK

Last edited:
Thanks . . . I was looking at Sling's FAQs and it mentioned something about a family plan for $5 extra to stream to more devices . . . but apparently it's international subscribers only?

I think what you read was the have a family package with more kid oriented channels for $5 more

I use a Chromecast with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Fight Pass, and YouTube. I have an antenna for my tv so I get local channels for free.

That's a good deal. Shit, I might do this just to get the free Roku. I haven't activated Sling yet because he still have satellite.

Yeah... my plan was to get the Amazon Fire TV Box with Sling but I just might order Sling now to get the free Roku 2.

More costly, but a proper HTPC inside this case will s**t on any other device.

Cooler Master Elite 130 (Mini-ITX Case)

91SkH%2Br8jPL._SL1500_.jpg

dC6ESu0.jpg

500x1000px-LL-0b5a06b2_Elite110-comparison.jpeg

That's 9.45" (W) x 8.15" (H) x 14.1" (L).

Any of you guys use TVPear? Is it any good?

I cut off Directv over 4 years ago and don't miss it at all. I used Couchtuner for tv shows and firstrow for sports at first. Then went to Kodi/TVMC and love it. Due to Internet speed limitations, only 2-3Mbps at night, I use a setup of DuckieTV and Tixati to autodownload TV shows, FileBot for naming purposes and Kodi as my media player. If I could sustain internet speeds of over 10Mbps, using Kodi with the various addons would mean no more downloading. When I was streaming only with Kodi, I never had a problem with finding streams of high quality or them cutting out.

As far as sports go, Sportsdevil and Phoenix are the best on Kodi, I have not had a problem finding any sporting event, PPV or otherwise.

The only downside to "cutting the cord" is the instantaneous satisfaction of simply turning on the TV and selecting a channel, as well as, the "joy" that is channel surfing and finding a random show to watch.

I cut off Directv over 4 years ago and don't miss it at all. I used Couchtuner for tv shows and firstrow for sports at first. Then went to Kodi/TVMC and love it. Due to Internet speed limitations, only 2-3Mbps at night, I use a setup of DuckieTV and Tixati to autodownload TV shows, FileBot for naming purposes and Kodi as my media player. If I could sustain internet speeds of over 10Mbps, using Kodi with the various addons would mean no more downloading. When I was streaming only with Kodi, I never had a problem with finding streams of high quality or them cutting out.

As far as sports go, Sportsdevil and Phoenix are the best on Kodi, I have not had a problem finding any sporting event, PPV or otherwise.

The only downside to "cutting the cord" is the instantaneous satisfaction of simply turning on the TV and selecting a channel, as well as, the "joy" that is channel surfing and finding a random show to watch.

I was using Kodi on a crappy extended DSL connection, speedtest said I was slower than 93% of the country, and I had no problems. I couldn't stream HQ stuff, but MQ and LQ worked just fine.

Any of you guys use TVPear? Is it any good?
So I checked this out myself, its not called TVpear, its Channel pear. Pretty awesome for movies. Hit or miss for TV.

How much are some of these? You have to buy Internet, which most providers will jack up if you don't package it with cable and a useless landline.

I actually have a jetpack (portable WiFi), so maybe i would even need to buy Internet. Not sure how slow/laggy it would be though.

Figured there's gotta be quite afew people who have cut the cord on here. Thought it be wise to share stories, plans, how they went about it, etc for some of those who may be thinking of cutting the cord....

Thinking about cutting the cord myself and looking for advice. Looking at just keeping my TWC Internet of which standalone is $34.99 for which is pay 50/5Mbps. I currently have netflix and Amazon Prime. will probably get Hulu and Have been considering getting PS Vue (not sure yet as the whole purpose is to cut down the price and its kind of pricey). I've also got two Rokus.

Is it worth getting an android box that runs Kodi and just use that? or would a combination of streaming apps (netflix, hulu, etc) be just enough?

There was a thread all about this yesterday. Not being an ass or anything, just saying it probably had the info you are looking for.
I use roku and just added a private channel called Channel pear which is pretty good for streaming TV and movies for free.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm a boxing fan and there's still a lot of boxing I'll miss using Roku unless I want to rely on streams (which I don't) but that's literally the only thing keeping me from getting rid of satellite TV.

There was a thread all about this yesterday. Not being an ass or anything, just saying it probably had the info you are looking for.
I use roku and just added a private channel called Channel pear which is pretty good for streaming TV and movies for free.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm a boxing fan and there's still a lot of boxing I'll miss using Roku unless I want to rely on streams (which I don't) but that's literally the only thing keeping me from getting rid of satellite TV.
didn't even look...my bads

Wish I could get my wife to go along with this. Cable is an absolute fucking ripoff.

Back