Replace Bonnar vs Griffin 1

I always credited the Tito-Shamrock rivalry for the UFC’s mainstream boost more so than Griffin-Bonnar. Obviously TUF as a whole was big but always felt that fights impact was a little overstated. First time I remember an MMA fight(s) getting ESPN covering a presser or what not was Tito-Shamrock 2 and 3. No shock that UFC doesn’t give them the credit though since Dana is in the outs with both Tito and Ken.

Agreed and it's all spot on. But I feel like Chuck brought in casuals. Not in a bad way at all. I just remember people who never watched UFC before talk about Lidell. Obviously Ken had the WWE crowd and attention but if you didnt watch wrestling you didnt give a shit. People loved Tito. But like I said Chuck brought in a ton of new fans

Lewis Vs Nganno

I could see how would the future of UFC changed because of it
This fight was so bloody... cage fighting wold be banned by now in all countries

Great underrated fight thats rarely mentioned..

AdeptJealousBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

<{JustBleed}>

This was the fight that turned me from a casual to a hardcore fan.

Tito vs Ken... gave Zuffa hope after bleeding money for years. But Forrest vs Bonnar and TUF 1 made the UFC mainstream to casuals around the world... for years and years to come. To today, people can mention that TUF Finale fight and couldn't tell you more then two UFC champions.

tuf 1 was a perfect storm for the ufc in the matter of timing.

KZ vs Garcia 1

How bout I'll pick a different two guys from that show and say Diego vs Leben.

If you could pick any past fight to replace Bonnar vs Griffin which would it be and how would the future of UFC changed because of it?
Genki Sudo vs Duane Ludwig.

A fight so great it changed one of the rules in mma.

It's not the fight itself. Theres been so many fights superior to that one. What was important was the time it happened and how it bridged fans

My favorite fight is probably Lawler vs Rory 2

Back