Replace Bonnar vs Griffin 1

Tito vs Ken... gave Zuffa hope after bleeding money for years. But Forrest vs Bonnar and TUF 1 made the UFC mainstream to casuals around the world... for years and years to come. To today, people can mention that TUF Finale fight and couldn't tell you more then two UFC champions.

All three of those fights were just sad.

Tito vs Ken... gave Zuffa hope after bleeding money for years. But Forrest vs Bonnar and TUF 1 made the UFC mainstream to casuals around the world... for years and years to come. To today, people can mention that TUF Finale fight and couldn't tell you more then two UFC champions.
Tito vs Frank for old school middle weight !

Liddell-Ortiz Biggest rivalry between the sports to biggest stars at the time. One of the most intense atmospheres of any UFC fight ever.

I assume you were being facetious..."rarely mentioned"?

This fight is literally in the UFC Hall of Fame. lol
I meant I rarely see it mentioned in the forum. Unless I haven't noticed or perhaps I'm from an alternate universe where I use a Sherdog that rarely mentions the Guida/Sanchez fight, and now I've somehow crossed over to your world..it's possible..

Great fight nonetheless..

The fight at UFC 13 where someone got hurt and Tito filled in. Ortiz managed by Dana, and all the early big PPV's were just a huge part of the company's history. With no Ortiz there's likely no Dana, no Shamrock trilogy, no Liddell incident. Pancrase could have remained the number 1 promotion possibly and MMA might not have even taken off in the West. Dana would never give that fight(or Ortiz almost upsetting/upsetting Mezger twice) that credit but without that likely UFC wouldn't be around for TUF or Liddell to save. Feel Dana blames Ortiz(for good reason tbh) for almost tanking the ship later on and doesn't appreciate how instrumental he was in getting them to that point.

I don't know the finer details if Dana wouldn't have bought the UFC without Tito. But when he tells the story he was the manager of Tito and that's how he heard company was for sale. If Tito doesn't come in as an injury replacement Tito wouldn't have been a pro MMA fighter(he was just a college kid doing it for the experience I think?)or a star and wouldn't have needed a manager.

I assume you were being facetious..."rarely mentioned"?

This fight is literally in the UFC Hall of Fame. lol

guidadiego-hero.jpg

now diego kisses joshua fabia.

I always credited the Tito-Shamrock rivalry for the UFC’s mainstream boost more so than Griffin-Bonnar. Obviously TUF as a whole was big but always felt that fights impact was a little overstated. First time I remember an MMA fight(s) getting ESPN covering a presser or what not was Tito-Shamrock 2 and 3. No shock that UFC doesn’t give them the credit though since Dana is in the outs with both Tito and Ken.

I meant I rarely see it mentioned in the forum. Unless I haven't noticed or perhaps I'm from an alternate universe where I use a Sherdog that rarely mentions the Guida/Sanchez fight, and now I've somehow crossed over to your world..it's possible..

Great fight nonetheless..

That's true. In Sherdog forums it doesn't get enough appreciation.

I just thought it was funny that it was in the HOF and was considered barely mentioned. But I get your point on that.

Maybe I am reading this wrong? I would say maybe Rory Vs Robbie. That would have got a shit ton of hype if it replaced the Griffin fight. That is one of the greatest and gutsiest mma fights of all time. Plus Robbie spewing blood before round 5. Come on! That is hollywood shit.
U0MMNJI.gif

Back