Renzo Grappled in a Street Fight

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How is this possible, everyone on sherdog always says you can't grapple in a real fight, the guys weak untrained buddies will kick your head in. A 47 year old man just put a bouncer, who had friends there with him, in the hospital.

Bas Rutten has mentioned before also that he beat up several guys at the same time while grappling them in a street fight.

not-this-shit.jpg

bet renzo has aids from infected needles and 3rd degree burns from lava on the ground...

Renzo was also there with his cousin and bunch of buddies protecting him, maybe? I don't know? Just perhaps trying to take a look at the bigger picture? And apparently, it was an attack on just one of the bouncers, not a full on bouncers vs Renzo and buddies fight. But I don't know the details. I wasn't there.

Renzo was also there with his cousin and bunch of buddies protecting him, maybe? I don't know? Just perhaps trying to take a look at the bigger picture? And apparently, it was an attack on just one of the bouncers, not a full on bouncers vs Renzo and buddies fight. But I don't know the details. I wasn't there.

well, for some stupid reason, people tend to believe everytime some bjjer gets in a fight, hes always alone vs 300 spartans....

Because they're Renzo and Bas, not regular people. They could take out the population of a small island using only pilates if they wanted to

Thats funny because I heard that Renzo and 7 other people tried to cut in line and when things didn't go their way they jumped the bouncer as well as hitting him with a traffic cone.

Not sure how thats "Grappling" but oh well lets just keep praising the gracies and how awesome and perfect they are!

well, for some stupid reason, people tend to believe everytime some bjjer gets in a fight, hes always alone vs 300 spartans....

lol, pretty much. People must have never thought about the fact that BJJ guys will hang out together. Fighting one of them means it's the street thug who will get stomped by a group of trained fighters, not the other way around.

Thats funny because I heard that Renzo and 7 other people tried to cut in line and when things didn't go their way they jumped the bouncer as well as hitting him with a traffic cone.

Not sure how thats "Grappling" but oh well lets just keep praising the gracies and how awesome and perfect they are!

Reports say that it was Renzo and his guys against a group of bouncers. Renzo was fighting a bouncer one on one and had him mounted and sent him to the hospital. How is that not grappling?

What does "praising the Gracies and how perfect they are" have to do with anything? I get it, you hate the Gracies even though you wouldn't even be on this forum right now without them, congrats. If you really hate them so much you are totally free to go challenge them and put them in there place. The point was people can grapple in a street fight, unlike the stupid myths untrained people on sherdog throw out all of the time.

The point was people can grapple in a street fight, unlike the stupid myths untrained people on sherdog throw out all of the time.

Or maybe you'd actually get the point those people are trying to make; that it is RISKY to try bjj in random places because of those reasons, not that they'll automatically happen in every random fight you get into.

yes because the reports about the 54 year old karate black belt seem to detail all of the facts right now

Because they're Renzo and Bas, not regular people. They could take out the population of a small island using only pilates if they wanted to

gold!

Or maybe you'd actually get the point those people are trying to make; that it is RISKY to try bjj in random places because of those reasons, not that they'll automatically happen in every random fight you get into.

B.S. It's risky to get into any fight, period. But no one ever says it's risky, they talk like using BJJ in a street fight automatically means you end up dead because everyone has 50 buddies around. All you have to do is read any post on street fighting where BJJ comes up or on any BJJ youtube video. There is always at least 1 comment like that.

pretty pathetic in my opinion if you're a 6th degree bb and still feel the need to pick a fight with a bouncer just to prove something.

How is this possible, everyone on sherdog always says you can't grapple in a real fight, the guys weak untrained buddies will kick your head in. A 47 year old man just put a bouncer, who had friends there with him, in the hospital.

Are you Renzo Gracie? Is anyone else, for that matter?

Just because "they" (phenoms/some of the best) can do it, doesn't mean you should.

I rest my case.

I wanna see if the "construction cone side control" move passes the Gracie filter.

pretty pathetic in my opinion if you're a 6th degree bb and still feel the need to pick a fight with a bouncer just to prove something.

Well maybe if forum nerds didn't talk so bad about them, they would have calmer personalities.

B.S. It's risky to get into any fight, period. But no one ever says it's risky, they talk like using BJJ in a street fight automatically means you end up dead because everyone has 50 buddies around. All you have to do is read any post on street fighting where BJJ comes up or on any BJJ youtube video. There is always at least 1 comment like that.

Yes, it is risky to get into any fight, period. But all those reasons become worse when you're on the floor.

It is riskier to be on the floor in a fight than on your feet. You are not susceptible to kicks to the head/body-parts and you don't have to take the second or two it takes to get on your feet if you're off the floor, among other things.

Bas Rutten has mentioned before also that he beat up several guys at the same time while grappling them in a street fight.

You forgot everyone you face is a d1 level wrestler and the broken glass all over the floor. I personally think this story is another lie the liberal media is spewing that anyone won a fight with jiu jitsu. Remember bjj is sport oriented and would never work in da streetz.

Back