Renzo Gracie Arrested Following Alleged Altercation at NYC Night Club

4bfcdf87b00e5e8b58cda50ac0985f1d.gif

For real? Ugh, that's disgusting

Got hit with a construction cone? lol

They are rubber and flimsy that is like hitting someone with a foam noodle

I saw one article that said the Gracie's started the UFC. Is that true? If so, didn't know that.

Assuming you are a new fan and not a troll, I'll answer.
Yes, it was Rorion Gracie with some american partners. Watch "Fighting for a generation" nice documentary about the ufc history.

Isn't he past that age where he should be going night clubbing?

I would say yes, but 1 Oak, where they tried to get in, is very trendy and a popular hot spot for celebs and hotties.

He shouldn't have taken it personal. It's an impossible club to get into.

Yes for real. A lot of folks here don't know the real Renzo.

What the news from his last assault? Barely 2 years ago he beat some gas station owner or attendant. And there are others outside the ring which didn't get enough notice from the police.

I could totally see Renzo dropping a "Do you know who I am?"

It just occurred to me how many times I've seen a news story begin with some variation of "altercation outside of NYC nightclub".

In related news, that club just hired Saku, Matt Hughes and Eddie Bravo as doormen. Fixed the Gracie problem! ;)

lol'd at getting hit with a construction cone. People are very resourceful these days.

came in here to post again... dude you're 47 years old trying to go to a club with 7 dudes, no girls or no table?? you wont get in anywhere...

and good timing, they're trying to sanction MMA in the state of NY where they think MMA is a sport of thugs... good job

If this is less than a mile from Gracies school perhaps there was a previous altercation between the bouncer and Gracie or one of his students. Interested what Renzo has to say. Renzo seems super nice, hope he didnt just start wailing on the dude for a denied entry

Once I read "Gracie arrived at the club in a group of approximately seven men" I knew they jumped someone before i read the rest of the story.

You can't just beat up a bouncer for not letting you in, that's ridiculous and assult.

But if the victim was being the typical bouncer douchbag, then I am sure he escalated the issue, not defused it.

I hate when people start a fight, and then get pissed when it doesn't go there way.
oh you're gonna try to intimidate someone smaller than you? Enjoy your hospital stay tough guy.

Agreed.

Back