Renzo Gracie Arrested Following Alleged Altercation at NYC Night Club

Charlie Sheen

Invisible Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sherdog.com confirmed with the New York Police Department’s 10th Precinct that Gracie was arrested on Sunday. Specific details regarding Gracie’s arrest and potential charges were unavailable at the time of this writing because the 47-year-old was going through the legal process, according to a representative from the NYPD.

However, Sherdog.com was able to obtain a video following the alleged altercation from an anonymous witness who recorded the scene on a camera phone. According to the witness, Gracie arrived at the club in a group of approximately seven men and immediately went to the front of the line.

Gracie then became involved in a confrontation with what the witness described as the doorman. Things escalated from there, as Gracie’s group allegedly squared off with a group of 1-Oak bouncers. According to the witness, Gracie at one point had the doorman in full mount, while another one of his group hit a different bouncer with a construction cone.

The fracas spilled into the street, with more punches being thrown. Eventually the police arrived and arrested everyone in Gracie’s party, while an ambulance came for the bouncer who had been mounted by Gracie, according to the witness. It was unclear as to why Gracie and his group were originally upset.

The 1-Oak night club is located at 453 West 17th Street in New York City, a little more than a mile away from the Renzo Gracie Academy. According to the club’s website, 1-Oak boasts “a rotation of world-renowned DJs and surprise performances, a captivating interior and a stellar standard of service,” as well as a “nightlife sensibility that caters to even the wordliest of partygoers.” 1-Oak also has locations in Las Vegas, Mexico City, Los Angeles and Southampton, N.Y.

Source and Video (Sherdog.com front page)

The bouncer should of let them in.

Doesn't he know he's one of the great Gracies? /sarcasm

I would have loved to have been in that queue.

I hope there's more to this that Renzo having a fit when he didn't get in right away.

Unless he was provoked this is pretty lame of Gracie

Thanks for sharing.

That was a horrible video. Couldn't see ANYTHING, but Renzo's voice was distinct.

Don't know why he has gotten in trouble a few times now. There was that gas station incident, the alleged 'muggers' from last year, stepping on that guy's head, and now this.

I know some people are going to say that we should wait to hear the whole story or the results of the investigation, but how many guys end up in these types of situations THAT often?

Fuck the bouncer

Fuck the police

WAR Renzo

Lol at full mount. Damn pigs probably came as he was transitioning for an armbar

Can't wait to hear an excuse as to why the police were able to contain him.

You can't just beat up a bouncer for not letting you in, that's ridiculous and assult.

But if the victim was being the typical bouncer douchbag, then I am sure he escalated the issue, not defused it.

I hate when people start a fight, and then get pissed when it doesn't go there way.
oh you're gonna try to intimidate someone smaller than you? Enjoy your hospital stay tough guy.

1:15 video and Renzo was still going, good to see his cardio is back

47 yrs old, still throwin down with bouncers

Thanks for sharing.

That was a horrible video. Couldn't see ANYTHING, but Renzo's voice was distinct.

Don't know why he has gotten in trouble a few times now. There was that gas station incident, the alleged 'muggers' from last year, stepping on that guy's head, and now this.

I know some people are going to say that we should wait to hear the whole story or the results of the investigation, but how many guys end up in these types of situations THAT often?

I've always like Renzo, but he must be one of those, um, "trouble finds me" kinda people

I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. I like Renzo so I'm hoping there's a reason he was a dickhead.

lmao at the guy attacking a bouncer with a construction cone

Back