Renzo Gracie Academy NYC price

agente809

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone who knows please tell me the rates for the Renzo Gracie Academy.

Thanks

I believe its like $180/month to train 3x/week.

I think after a certain point it goes up and you can train unlimited. Not sure though.

umfourtunately they give you the take a free class before discussing the price style. Never mind you stopped by to ask the price.
Anyway on previous threads it was anywhere between 225 to 250 a month.
225 is for the beginners 3 times a week?posted before on other threads
If you got the mulla hands down the best school around period. If you have the time visit and look around so you can be surprised by all the top flight guys working and training @ renzo's

Man that is expensive!!! How much Renzo time do you get or do noobs only train with his lieutenants?

Ronin is like $160-180 for unlimited, included muay thai and mma

250 is what I always hear for starting rates. They make sure not to till you the price until you come by in person though. The NY market is expensive for BJJ, you are going to be paying above 200$ if you want to train with a a black belt.

Thanks guys.
I only asked out of curiosity since it is the best in NYC, but the price is way too steep. If it was 180 and down I would've definitely gone, but I know for a fact now that its 200+.

Ronin is like $160-180 for unlimited, included muay thai and mma

Yeah I actually used to train there, but left because of schedule problems.
I asked about Renzos to see what my other options where.
It seems Ronins is the best bet for me.

There are a couple of guys who train there so they should be able to tell you exactly

I always heard it was 180 for 3x/week. *shrugs*

really, no offense to any other schools in the city, but i luagh when i hear guys dont go to renzos and go train at some other school in the city cuz its like 20-50 bucks cheaper a month....i mean comon, renzos has like 20+ blackbelts, and so many good guys...

sometimes its better to dish out an extra 10 dollars to get filet minon then be cheap and get a mcdonalds hamburger...lol thats my analogy

really, no offense to any other schools in the city, but i luagh when i hear guys dont go to renzos and go train at some other school in the city cuz its like 20-50 bucks cheaper a month....i mean comon, renzos has like 20+ blackbelts, and so many good guys...

sometimes its better to dish out an extra 10 dollars to get filet minon then be cheap and get a mcdonalds hamburger...lol thats my analogy

I disagree. I did a ton of research before choosing a jiu-jistsu academy, and contrary to what you think, there are plenty of valid reasons (besides tuition prices) to choose Ronin, Alliance, or the Blitz Center over Renzo's.

For example, if you're more interested in no-gi and MMA, Ronin could be a better choice for you. And if you like smaller class sizes, Alliance and the Blitz Center might be a better fit than Renzo's.

Certainly, Renzo's has a lot to offer, but so do a lot of other schools in the area.

I do not see the point of paying so much more to train at Renzo Gracie's school when he does not teach the classes and is rarely in the NYC dojo. The late night open mats are sweet though.

I do not see the point of paying so much more to train at Renzo Gracie's school when he does not teach the classes and is rarely in the NYC dojo. The late night open mats are sweet though.

you do realize that there are other phenominal instructors there right? I have taken classes from about 8 renzo gracie blackbelts(6 of them instructors) and they are all world class.

I disagree. I did a ton of research before choosing a jiu-jistsu academy, and contrary to what you think, there are plenty of valid reasons (besides tuition prices) to choose Ronin, Alliance, or the Blitz Center over Renzo's.

For example, if you're more interested in no-gi and MMA, Ronin could be a better choice for you. And if you like smaller class sizes, Alliance and the Blitz Center might be a better fit than Renzo's.

Certainly, Renzo's has a lot to offer, but so do a lot of other schools in the area.

ok but this thread is about jiu jitsu schools, and this is a grappling forum, not mma. And besides, its not like there is no no-gi at renzos

not that other schools dont got a lot to offer, I just think its a no brainer with renzos around. I get to see first hand of what type of calibur people they produce, so thats what I base my comments from.

Well, have you ever even stepped foot into Ronin, the Blitz Center, or Alliance?

Well, have you ever even stepped foot into Ronin, the Blitz Center, or Alliance?

I havent, so fair enough, but its still my opinion...., but i mean what blackbelts and stuff has ronin, blitz or alliance produced? and whats up with alliance anyway? theres alliance nyc and studiox now? fabio clemente split up from the other black belt teacher?

I havent, so fair enough, but its still my opinion...., but i mean what blackbelts and stuff has ronin, blitz or alliance produced? and whats up with alliance anyway? theres alliance nyc and studiox now? fabio clemente split up from the other black belt teacher?

One of Fabios brown belts left in a real jackass way, taking fabios new gym and then suing fabio and marcelo garcia to scare them out of the city so he didn't have to compete with them. It wasn't a split between two teachers...

But for the main point, Renzo's school has a weird atmosphere to me compared to the other schools I am used. It is just so ginormous that I can see how someone can get lost in there. However, by the amount of skilled people they have produced from scratch it is obviously a great school. I just prefer having a class sizes around 15 students with 2 blackblets teaching.

One of Fabios brown belts left in a real jackass way, taking fabios new gym and then suing fabio and marcelo garcia to scare them out of the city so he didn't have to compete with them. It wasn't a split between two teachers...

But for the main point, Renzo's school has a weird atmosphere to me compared to the other schools I am used. It is just so ginormous that I can see how someone can get lost in there. However, by the amount of skilled people they have produced from scratch it is obviously a great school. I just prefer having a class sizes around 15 students with 2 blackblets teaching.

oh wow that sucks, yea i was like huh? when i ran across the studiox site. why did he do that for? and is he the reason marcelo left nyc?

Back