Rener Gracie on CNN promoting his new program Bullyproof

bullying sucks.

bjj (true combat sports in general) can be an amazing tool for building confidence.

informing the world of gjj for kids will open up doors for bjj for kids so I see nothing wrong with it.

I was bullied as a kid and I snapped twice, once in JHS and once in HS. The first time was against the bully's friend who was actually a nice guy but there was an exchange of words and he punched me and I hit him with a chair repeatedly. The second time was against this kid who was a serious pussy but I was scared to fight because I didn't want to get suspended from school. After 4 years of bullying I snapped and threw a desk at him missed charged at him and was held back by a few people but the point was made. At prom the 2nd bully bought me and my friends drinks at the prom after party.

I think if I had known any type of martial arts and had the discipline I would not have snapped. The bullying would have never happened because I would have had the confidence to stop it once it started. Rener is doing the right thing and I think more parents should look into MA for their kids.

Actually on a side note, I think the gracie's are missing an important theme.

Now this is just hypothetical, but what if the bully is actually climbing in windows, and snatching kids up? I mean, trying to rape them. What I believe is the most important course of action is to actually hide your kids, and not only them, hide your wife even. Hell even hide your husband, because they ARE raping everybody out here.

Hahaha, this post may contain trace amounts of genius :icon_chee

Don't bullies normally hunt in packs? I know if I'd have tried grappling with a bully his buddies would have stomped on me (and then made my life even worse for trying to "gay hug" them).

I think this is a wonderful program for kids. I'm a school teacher and I see bullying first hand. It hasn't been to the point where anyone died, but it gets pretty bad, I think the kids would def. benefit from this. I would love to someday work at a school that would allow an after school self defense class, and I would love to help teach it...

I think this is a wonderful program for kids. I'm a school teacher and I see bullying first hand. It hasn't been to the point where anyone died, but it gets pretty bad, I think the kids would def. benefit from this. I would love to someday work at a school that would allow an after school self defense class, and I would love to help teach it...

Bullying is much bigger than just physical violence.

Back