renato-moicano's jab knockdown over cub swanson

Cub Swanson is one of the first mma fighters to train in a world class boxing gym with world class boxing coaches.

And he didnt learn shit. He was begging to get KOed.

I mean, do you honestly think the level of striking in MMA is even regular?
It was low 10 years ago or so maybe, but today not at all, pretty much everybody is a competent boxer today.

Funny that you picked Cub Swanson, I have full hard disks of martial arts training videos divided in categories (boxing, wrestling, bjj ,,,) amassed over the years, the only mma fighter I put into the boxing category was Cub Swanson.
That reminds me how ahead he was compared to others.

Today there more and more mma fighters going to train in world class boxing gyms, Cub Swanson did it before it was cool.

It was low 10 years ago or so maybe, but today not at all, pretty much everybody is a competent boxer today.

Funny that you picked Cub Swanson, I have full hard disks of martial arts training videos divided in categories (boxing, wrestling, bjj ,,,) amassed over the years, the only mma fighter I put into the boxing category was Cub Swanson.
That reminds me how ahead he was compared to others.

Today there more and more mma fighters going to train in world class boxing gyms, Cub Swanson did it before it was cool.

Im not saying they dont train. They clearly do. That doesnt mean they are good at it. The striking defense in MMA is pretty basic and bad most of the times in current UFC. Cub was really close exposing his whole face.

It's crazy how jr can't throw a jab
Waste of raw talent that he won't try to sharpen with dedicated consistent training.
Took his dad 44 fights to finally lose, while jr lost before going past local national level.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Hey, I don't remember Josh Barnett arm-triangling the Black beast....

Back