Renan Barao's relevance in P4P best discussions

Future No 1 p4p it will happen people.

Can anyone name a time he looked in danger?

The point is that other people on the P4P list have beaten people who were on the list at the time they beat them. This is not the case for Barao.

This argument is so far and away better than the shit you were posting a page or so back its amazing.

People put too much emphasis on resume. That's why it took forever for Jones to become #1 P4P despite clearly being the most dominant fighter for awhile, and why Anderson is still number 3 despite being ancient and coming off a bad loss. P4P should be about who is best right now, obviously the resume comes into play there, but it should not be the sum and total of the argument.

Well, if he ever beats someone that is ranked P4P maybe he can climb up the list faster. Until then, he deserves where he is.

thats not how the list works. If you have only 1 other guy in your division on the list and he may never come back what is he suppose to do?

thats not how the list works. If you have only 1 other guy in your division on the list and he may never come back what is he suppose to do?

Not to mention that going by this logic, Aldo didn't deserve to be in the P4P until February this year.

If Barao beats Cruz I put him 4th behind Jones, GSP, Aldo, and Anderson.

Like someone else said he still has never beat the UFC champ. For all we know he could just be the second best in his division. Those 2 are like Cain and JDS of BW.

If Barao beats Cruz I put him 4th behind Jones, GSP, Aldo, and Anderson.

Like someone else said he still has never beat the UFC champ. For all we know he could just be the second best in his division. Those 2 are like Cain and JDS of BW.
how he can beat the ufc champ if cruz's last fight was like 2 year ago?

how he can beat the ufc champ if cruz's last fight was like 2 year ago?

I never said that it was his fault or that Barao isnt a top 5 p4p fighter. Just saying his resume isn't good enough to be at the top of the list without Cruz.

Barao is a monster.

The point is that other people on the P4P list have beaten people who were on the list at the time they beat them. This is not the case for Barao.

It's a joke list if Shogun was a top 10 p4p in 2011.

Faber is more well-rounded and skilled than Shogun ever was.

Another joke about p4p: Weidman is at 9 and Anderson is at 3, despite the fact that Chris destroyed him in the last fight and is even odds in the rematch. Further proof that the list is about who was the best in the past, instead of the present.

Without discrediting what you have just said, let me state that most top 10 fighters today are technically superior and better fighters than many oldies who dominated the sports when it was not as stacked as today ( quality wise). To me, Comparing a fighter with past P4P members is not much different from comparing him to the present level of top 10 competition. The sports is evolving and we'll see P4Ps being discussed by a hairs widths.

My point is, beating former p4ps does not give as much advantage over beating modern , technically superior fighters as we think it does.

People put too much emphasis on resume. That's why it took forever for Jones to become #1 P4P despite clearly being the most dominant fighter for awhile, and why Anderson is still number 3 despite being ancient and coming off a bad loss. P4P should be about who is best right now, obviously the resume comes into play there, but it should not be the sum and total of the argument.

Gotta agree with that the p4p list changes and thus have to be based on present form. But there is another way, what if every fighter was to stop fighting today and end their careers?. Who will you pick as having had the best career?. Such a view of p4p takes into account the whole career and not just the present form.

It is how the list works. That's why he isn't above Cruz.

But it is kind of silly when you the offical No2 BW at 6 on the P4P list and the No1 BW wouldn't even be top 30 right now.

It shows the method is seriously flawed.

He should be top 5 and will break top 3 if he beats Cruz

Back