Renan Barao's coach: Let's see if Dillashaw is man enough to rematch in Brazil

I do not understand this twisted Brazilian logic.

Considering the fact that TJ didnt deserve the title shot in the first place, I dont see how he could refuse this proposition.

Just got ya man card called into question TJ... whats up?

Hey, can you show me 60 consecutive seconds of that fight where Barao made it lok like a second fight would turn out differently?

I'll wait.

Kind of surprised by this thread. I would have expected more people claiming Barao deserved an instant rematch because of his dominance. Maybe not in Brazil but a rematch regardless.

Fighters need to control their coaches. They have no say in anything when it comes to matchmaking.

I get him, he wants the best for his boy. Wouldn

Let's see if Barao's coach is man enough to let Barao speak for himself

isl-gif.gif

Lmao, now that's funny!

I think TJ beating Barao has the Penn/Edgar effect, I remember after Penn/Edgar 1 most posters were still doubting Edgar and thought it was a fluke. And that was because everyone thought BJ was going to run Edgar over, easy win. The same can be said for TJ/Barao, everyone including myself thought TJ was an easy win for Barao. So naturally after such an upset, most posters would still think that Barao is a better fighter than he showed, instead of focusing on the fact that TJ is simply a better fighter.

A rematch would have a very similar outcome imo, TJ's speed and footwork will still give Barao fits, unless he spends the next few months focusing on tactics to counter TJ's style, and he somehow has to incorporate training partners that can mimic his style.

I don't think there should ever be an immediate rematch. They completely screw all the other fighters of getting their chance of a title fight.
Using Weidman/ Anderson example we can see that instant rematches have very similar outcomes.

Instant rematches are for situations where the fight ended differently than the spectators and promoters thought it should.

Most people (Whether they were correct or not) thought that Silva got caught clowning around, and weren't satisfied that Weidman was the better fighter. That's why Silva was granted the immediate rematch. A LOT of people wanted to see it.

I see their merit in cases like that, but it shouldn't be based on the history of the fighter. It should be based on the fight itself. There's nothing compelling about a Barao/Dillashaw rematch right now.

Renan Barao's coach seems like an idiot. "Man enough". After a performance like that Dillishaw would be man enough to take on Tyson, Anderson and Cain all at once (primes)

Assuncao is next in line so this is irrelevant.

Look at all the American wrestling ladyboys getting their panties in a bunch.. If he is really man enough then he will do the rematch in Brazil.. if he is such the world beater they make him out to be.. one good night doesn't make him the best.. you Gotta defend the title to really be champ

Yes that is why he needs to defend his belt against Assuncao a worthy opponent who gave him a tough close fight that some people felt Tj should have won. TJ does not need to give the title shot to a man whom he made his punching bag called Renan Barao. Barao needs to prove he deserves a title shot against the man who demolished him.

Last edited:
Kind of surprised by this thread. I would have expected more people claiming Barao deserved an instant rematch because of his dominance. Maybe not in Brazil but a rematch regardless.

I think with the way he was dominated/finished in the fight has resulted in this opinion.

had the fight been really close and a split/controversial decision OR had Barao been champ for longer i think the immediate rematch is due

Barao need like 2 fights and wins before fighting for the title again.
if Barao lost to TJ in an immediate rematch then what else? retire? go Bellator?:mad:

just like Anderson Silva, lost back to back in a row against Weidman and not just losing, but got dominated and got crush and finished in both fights in the 2nd round brutally too.

if Barao got immediate rematch and got crush by TJ again, where did he go?

JDS fought Cain 3 times but different time and not immediately rematch, and look what happen to JDS?

I am a big Barao fan but he got his ass thoroughly whooped so he needs to take at least one more fight before the rematch. I was giving TJ no chance of winning but after watching the fight, I'd be quite worried for Barao in the rematch.

"After the first knockdown, Renan couldn’t get into the fight anymore and he went dizzy with every blow,"

I thought the thread title was dumb, but this beats it.
So he's saying that if Renan HADN’T been clocked in the first round, he would have won. Gotcha! Now it all makes sense. I guess we should make landing strikes early in the fight illegal huh?

When you get dominated for almost 5 rounds before you get finished you kind of fuck up your claim to an immediate rematch.

"After the first knockdown, Renan couldn’t get into the fight anymore and he went dizzy with every blow,"

I thought the thread title was dumb, but this beats it.
So he's saying that if Renan HADN’T been clocked in the first round, he would have won. Gotcha! Now it all makes sense. I guess we should make landing strikes early in the fight illegal huh?

Not sure what is dumb about it. Stop being a fan boy. Getting rocked in the first clearly impacted his ability to make the fight competitive. There is simply no doubt about it. There is also no doubt that TJ deserved the win by employing a awesome execution of a very well thought out game plan- but the Barao camp are saying nothing to take away from that. FFS Sherdog grow up

I'm a big Barao fan but TJ is his krytonite - that movement and feints, unorthodox movement/striking is awesome. Barao might win the belt back but it would take a SUBSTANTIAL change to the way he approaches his fights - and thats very difficult to implement after so many years of fighting a particular way. Both TJ and Cruz are the only two fighters that can negate Renan's toolsets so completely - not saying they win everytime just that it will take a new approach from Nova Uniao

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I am 100% sure Barao doesn't get the respect he deserves from the UFC.... but give me a break.

I think TJ beating Barao has the Penn/Edgar effect, I remember after Penn/Edgar 1 most posters were still doubting Edgar and thought it was a fluke. And that was because everyone thought BJ was going to run Edgar over, easy win. The same can be said for TJ/Barao, everyone including myself thought TJ was an easy win for Barao. So naturally after such an upset, most posters would still think that Barao is a better fighter than he showed, instead of focusing on the fact that TJ is simply a better fighter.

A rematch would have a very similar outcome imo, TJ's speed and footwork will still give Barao fits, unless he spends the next few months focusing on tactics to counter TJ's style, and he somehow has to incorporate training partners that can mimic his style.

What are you on about?

95% of Sherdog thinks TJ beat the shit of Barao. I don't see many posters still saying Barao is better. A few, but not many.

This is a completely different situation to Penn/Edgar where Edgar got a very luck decision and all Penn fans still said that Penn was a better fighter.

TJ vs Barao was not a controversial win and Barao fans are in hiding, not storming the boards.

Back