Renan Barao's coach: Let's see if Dillashaw is man enough to rematch in Brazil

Has assuncao fought any 5 round fights? If not then I definitely see tj winning since he can keep a high pace for 5 rounds.

His coach went full Brazilian

Never go full Brazilian

barao wood murder tj
tj loses belt regardless to the next contender

Please, everyone knows TJ beat Assuncao. But for the sake of argument, I'm not TJ's coach, and I'm not making an excuse for him, just stating my opinion on a decision. Meanwhile, Renan's coach is making blatant excuses. Then again, I don't expect any less from someone with "Barao to rule them all" in his signature.
The butthurt is truly shining through, my friend.

Renan's coach is stating his opinion and further he is promoting his fighter and doing what he can for him. I expect nothing less from a manager.

I just hate who everything said after a fight is an excuse, its a very long standing gripe of mine with Sherdog. So when I see a person making "excuses" and condemming excuse making in the same post, well I personally find it funny.

Lastly, yes I am massively disappointed in how that fight went, but I don't see how that makes me butthurt because I point out your contradictions.

If I was burt I would be saying he deserves a rematch ect etc, I would be happy for him to get one but I have also said I think he should fight Miz first.

His coach went full Brazilian

Never go full Brazilian

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

Considering the fact that TJ didnt deserve the title shot in the first place, I dont see how he could refuse this proposition.

Just got ya man card called into question TJ... whats up?

Lol. Brazilians.

Look at all the American wrestling ladyboys getting their panties in a bunch.. If he is really man enough then he will do the rematch in Brazil.. if he is such the world beater they make him out to be.. one good night doesn't make him the best.. you Gotta defend the title to really be champ

When asked to discuss what went wrong in the fight, Pederneiras explained that the crucial moment took place in the opening round when Dillashaw scored the first knockdown with an overhand right. He claims that Barao remained dazzed and confused for the remainder of the fight and was unable to respond to commands from his corner.

"After the first knockdown, Renan couldn't get into the fight anymore and he went dizzy with every blow," he said. "Even between the rounds, when we were talking to him, he wasn't even looking at us. "

Lol. So just by one knockdown he's already lost for the next 4 rounds. Isn't that telling something? Barao got finished. He's making them look like a joke. He's a fool. This head coach guy, well, has no head.

It works both ways dude, it was pointless for Barao to give a title shit to a virtually unknown fighter who was 1-1 in his last 2 fights. Now its time for TJ to man up and give the man his rematch

Barao accepted the fight and knew it was a possibility. TJ's lost to Assuncao was one of the most disputed decisions of 2013. Aside from that and the Dodson fight, he's looked like a world beater.

If Barao went out and won a single fight, even against someone like Alcantara, I'd be fine with another title shot, but he was completely dominated by TJ. An immediate rematch, especially when asking the champion to sit on the sidelines for 6 months is too much, IMO.

rematch seems right jbj is getting a rematch when ever he losses at lw

Considering the fact that TJ didnt deserve the title shot in the first place, I dont see how he could refuse this proposition.

I know TJ was so undeserving that Barao tooled him so bad he made him look like an amateur .. oh wait I got them mixed up.

Renan's coach is stating his opinion and further he is promoting his fighter and doing what he can for him. I expect nothing less from a manager.

That isn't an opinion as much as a skewed point-of-view. Its not like it was close and it was controversial. Pretty damn one-sided.

I just hate who everything said after a fight is an excuse, its a very long standing gripe of mine with Sherdog. So when I see a person making "excuses" and condemming excuse making in the same post, well I personally find it funny.

My supposed "excuse" was me saying I thought TJ shouldn't grant Barao a rematch there because of a fight I (and many others) believed he won in Brazil. Hmm.

Lastly, yes I am massively disappointed in how that fight went, but I don't see how that makes me butthurt because I point out your contradictions.
I pretty much covered that in the last couple of quotes. Now you're just oozing with butthurt.

If I was burt I would be saying he deserves a rematch ect etc, I would be happy for him to get one but I have also said I think he should fight Miz first.
Yup, I agree with you there. He should fight Mizugaki next.

Barao accepted the fight and knew it was a possibility. TJ's lost to Assuncao was one of the most disputed decisions of 2013. Aside from that and the Dodson fight, he's looked like a world beater.

If Barao went out and won a single fight, even against someone like Alcantara, I'd be fine with another title shot, but he was completely dominated by TJ. An immediate rematch, especially when asking the champion to sit on the sidelines for 6 months is too much, IMO.

I can appreciate you articulating your opininion very well, but I have to disagree on the TJ/Assuncao fight. It was definitely a competitive fight but there was nothing controversial about the decision and Assuncao rightfully won that fight.

As for TJ looking like a world beater (besides the Assuncao and Dodson fights) that may very well be, but lets not forget that its simply because the guy was fighting lower tier competition and with the exception of the Barao fight, he lost both other times he stepped to the plate.

Just think that due to the fact that TJ received an unwarranted title shot, the least he could do is make a statement by repaying the favor.

if not him, His coach make the excuse

its a tradition, its in his team DNA

whether he deserve it or not, he deliver that shit dont matter

Barao might deserves a rematch, but he didnt get to pick the places. the champ and the UFC do

No re-match. Barao as title-holder can get his re-match with 1 victory, but he needs that first. The reasons:

1. He got tooled in all 5 rounds. At no point was he ever getting the upper hand of TJ. TJ also beat him at his own game.
2. Its not like Barao was this long-time champ. He had 3 total defences, and never beat a champ to win the title.
3. Other interesting matchups for TJ

Back