Renan Barao's coach: Let's see if Dillashaw is man enough to rematch in Brazil

Please, everyone knows TJ beat Assuncao. But for the sake of argument, I'm not TJ's coach, and I'm not making an excuse for him, just stating my opinion on a decision. Meanwhile, Renan's coach is making blatant excuses. Then again, I don't expect any less from someone with "Barao to rule them all" in his signature.
The butthurt is truly shining through, my friend.

Please, everyone knows TJ beat Assuncao.
Round 3: Assuncao comes out firing, lands a kick and then catches Dillashaw in the air as he launches a jumping kick. But their both immediately up and trading again. Assuncao’s striking has been on point, using his timing to overcome Dillashaw’s speed advantage. Dillashaw scores with an uppercut, but Assuncao goes back to the jab, snapping Dillashaw’s head back. Assuncao catches another Dillashaw kick, but Dillashaw stays out of the takedown and drives knee to Assuncao’s body. Dillashaw now appears to have a cut over his right eye to go along with his bleeding nose, his face turning crimson. Dillashaw moves in, but eats a hard short right hook from Assuncao. Assuncao lands a low kick, but Dillashaw counters with a left hook. Only about a minute left in the fight, the crowd growing restless, but Assuncao fires off a couple more jabs. Dillashaw moves forward and lands the right hand, but Assuncao escapes the takedown attempt, tries to score his own takedown, but doesn’t get it. They trade a couple more blows, but neither lands anything definitive in the waning moments, leaving this one a close fight for the judges to determine.

MMAWeekly.com scores round three 10-9 and the fight 29-28 for Assuncao.

UFC Fight Night 29 Play-by-Play: Raphael Assun

Translation: "pretty please give us a rematch"

Round 3: Assuncao comes out firing, lands a kick and then catches Dillashaw in the air as he launches a jumping kick. But their both immediately up and trading again. Assuncao’s striking has been on point, using his timing to overcome Dillashaw’s speed advantage. Dillashaw scores with an uppercut, but Assuncao goes back to the jab, snapping Dillashaw’s head back. Assuncao catches another Dillashaw kick, but Dillashaw stays out of the takedown and drives knee to Assuncao’s body. Dillashaw now appears to have a cut over his right eye to go along with his bleeding nose, his face turning crimson. Dillashaw moves in, but eats a hard short right hook from Assuncao. Assuncao lands a low kick, but Dillashaw counters with a left hook. Only about a minute left in the fight, the crowd growing restless, but Assuncao fires off a couple more jabs. Dillashaw moves forward and lands the right hand, but Assuncao escapes the takedown attempt, tries to score his own takedown, but doesn’t get it. They trade a couple more blows, but neither lands anything definitive in the waning moments, leaving this one a close fight for the judges to determine.

MMAWeekly.com scores round three 10-9 and the fight 29-28 for Assuncao.

UFC Fight Night 29 Play-by-Play: Raphael Assun

No immediate rematch and Barao's people certainly have no room to name the venue....that's just silly. Go where the champ goes to fight him...period. And the "man enough" comment is just stupid.

Considering the fact that TJ didnt deserve the title shot in the first place, I dont see how he could refuse this proposition.

Just got ya man card called into question TJ... whats up?

Your boy got dominated for 5 rounds and finished. He can easily refuse the offer because it's pointless.

Considering the fact that TJ didnt deserve the title shot in the first place, I dont see how he could refuse this proposition.

Oh, I'm sure he's inconsolable.

Translation: "pretty please give us a rematch"

Yeah if they really want a rematch then being disrespectful isn't the way. They'd be better served to appeal based on that win streak and how long he held the title, but I'd still let him get a tune up fight first and let him try to add some methods of dealing with TJ's movement.

Cool, you read an article of the fight and posted a quote. How about giving your own analysis?
TJ won round one; Assuncao round two. They both uncharacteristically gassed in round three and did next to nothing.

DRAW

I expected better from Pendeneiras, I'm a disappoint :(

Yeah if they really want a rematch then being disrespectful isn't the way. They'd be better served to appeal based on that win streak and how long he held the title, but I'd still let him get a tune up fight first and let him try to add some methods of dealing with TJ's movement.

Agreed on all that.

lol after the absolute beating that he put on barao for 4 rounds before knocking him out i think its baroa that has something to prove, like whether or not he can still read and write. tj can sit back and kick it with the belt, baroa doesn't even deserve an immediate rematch he was never even in the first fight.

If Barao can win 3 straight, rematch in Brazil. :icon_chee Coming to a city in Brazil UFC 2015. I think emotions are befalling the coach as well. Take your time regroup and then fight. What's up with rematches all of a sudden you want to destroy entire divisions with rematches galore. You have to see if Barao is the same. After hits to the head it's very dangerous to face someone that Barao could not even block many shots against.

Please, everyone knows TJ beat Assuncao. But for the sake of argument, I'm not TJ's coach, and I'm not making an excuse for him, just stating my opinion on a decision. Meanwhile, Renan's coach is making blatant excuses. Then again, I don't expect any less from someone with "Barao to rule them all" in his signature.
The butthurt is truly shining through, my friend.

Except, he didn't. It was a razor close fight, not even close to a robbery. I think a draw would have actually been the most appropriate score. Barao doesn't deserve an immediate rematch, though. If he had lost a close decision, I wouldn't be against it, but Barao got flat out dominated.

You just inadvertently reasoned why Assuncao deserves the fight over Barao.

Your boy got dominated for 5 rounds and finished. He can easily refuse the offer because it's pointless.

It works both ways dude, it was pointless for Barao to give a title shit to a virtually unknown fighter who was 1-1 in his last 2 fights. Now its time for TJ to man up and give the man his rematch

1. No, I don't really want to see a rematch. I may be in the minority here but I personally think TJ dominated Barao enough to not warrant him a rematch. Hell, this was only his 2nd official title defense. I know he defended the interim title, but for the sake of the argument, he was the champ for two fights.

2. "Let's see if these guys are man enough to fight Barao in his house." Why? TJ is the champ. Why would he go somewhere as the champ when all they are going to do is attempt to smack him on his way to the octagon (like they did to Mousasi), and chant, "You're going to die" in Portuguese? Not to mention, he was stripped of a win over Assuncao last time he fought in Brazil.

3. "After the first knockdown" well, there you go then. He was beaten in the first round. Quit making excuses. That's like saying, "after Henderson was tossed like a ragdoll in the first, he just couldn't get his groove going. Dan should have a rematch where he won't be thrown around."
What the hell was TJ expected to do? Stand in front of Renan? His manager is an idiot.

TJ blasted Renan and no one expected him to. Get over it. End of story.

Qft

Back