Renan Barao still ranked above TJ Dillashaw in new P4P rankings

Renan do Nascimento Mota Pegado is still a beast, no doubt, but he's no longer a Baron. Nascimento Mota Pegado has a difficult road back after a crushing loss to Dillashaw.

This is why the P4P rankings suck.

1 Jon Jones
2 Jose Aldo
3 Cain Velasquez
4 Demetrious Johnson
5 Chris Weidman
6 Anthony Pettis
7 Anderson Silva
8 Renan Barao
9 Johny Hendricks
10 Ronda Rousey
11 TJ Dillashaw
12 Vitor Belfort
13 Benson Henderson
14 Alexander Gustafsson
15 Gilbert Melendez

http://www.ufc.ca/rankings

If you ranked like that, Fedor would be below Hendo in the GOAT rankings.

But Anderson would be above Hendo.

And Okami would be above Anderson and below Boetsch.

And Jason Brilz would be at the top.

I have no issue with that, P4P is about what you've done imo, Barao being champ and defending the belt, interim title a bunch and having the streak of 30 something in a row > than what TJ has done.

the div rankigns you beat the man you take his spot, not P4P.

Weidman beating Silva the first time who would rank Weidman P4P above Silva after all Silva has done.

Not that P4P matters but you dont take a guys spot on that list by beating him.

This.

Should p4p based on just one fight? You should know better. Stop shitting on Barao's accomplishments.

Not that I agree with P4P rankings or what not this isn't a surprise in the least.

I see nothing wrong with it. He defends his belt once he will probably be ranked higher. He just won his freaking title for goodness sake. Before his bout with Barao someone would have called you crazy if you said Tj Dillashaw should be on the top p4p list.

It's because, clearly, a pound of Barao would beat a pound of Dillashaw ...

This is a frikin troll post and everyone took the bait.

The fight just happened on Saturday. The rankings usually change on Mondays, except that today is a national holiday in the USA, where the UFC HQ's is located.

They have not had time to change them.

The ranking might not even change until next Monday. I don't think that all the journalists do thier voting on Sunday, so the changes are probably always a week out.

it seems to me people are thinking the p4p list is like a "who-has-the-better-legacy list". no, its whos the best fighter on the planet RIGHT NOW, pound for pound.

I see it as a divisional accomplishment + level of opposition + talent.

How do you determine who is the best fighter on the planet pound for pound if not with what I listed above?

I dont care. On a side note, i'd pay 10 grand to watch Vitor fight Ronda!

The only numbers that matter are 1,2,3. Anything lower and its just fishy. Also a hw shouldnt be top p4p. Just saying.

Serious rankings would have Dillashaw one spot ahead of Barao. Clearly for now Dillashaw is better p4p than Barao since he just destroyed him and on top of that he's naturally smaller. That is what p4p is all about. Since it's Barao's only loss in a million years, he should have the spot right below Dillashaw's.

Hendricks should be ahead of them both. He has been beating top competition for just as long as Barao if not more (and in a far more stacked division) and hasn't had a loss nearly as bad as Barao just did. Ok he's gotten some very close decisions (and a controversial loss) but his level of competition is off the chart. Barao has never fought anyone nearly as talented as GSP imo.

UFC rankings aren't serious though so im not surprised at all by the absurdity of their rankings.

This is a frikin troll post and everyone took the bait.

The fight just happened on Saturday. The rankings usually change on Mondays, except that today is a national holiday in the USA, where the UFC HQ's is located.

They have not had time to change them.

The ranking might not even change until next Monday. I don't think that all the journalists do thier voting on Sunday, so the changes are probably always a week out.

I think they're already updated else Dillashaw wouldn't be as high as 11th.

Back