Renan Barao still ranked above TJ Dillashaw in new P4P rankings

Well these rankings are accurate as far as I can tell ronda is definitely top 10 among men, those body shots I tell ya

It makes sense, the way I see p4p is accomplishment based rankings, and Barao is more accomplished.

It makes no sense whatsoever to name accomplishment rankings "pound for pound". What does accomplishments have to do with weight?

P4P rankings are about who's the best fighter when you remove size/weight from the equation.

This is why the P4P rankings suck.

http://www.ufc.ca/rankings

It has not updated yet, fool.

It usually updates on Mondays, but today is a US holiday and Zuffa HQ's are in Las Vegas, NV USA. Give it to the end of the day tomorrow.

That fact that it still shows Renan Barao as the champion should have told you that it has not updated yet. If you were paying attention.

If Nadal loses to the #100 of the world tomorrow, then the previous #100 becomes #1 or nadal becomes #101? Rankings measure your results, not just your last fight.

Kill yourself, journalists.

makes sense to me, beating Barao does not take away all his accomplishments and all his wins

stupid imo.
if thats the case then silva should still be ahead of weidman because hes accomplished a lot more at 185. obviously this logic is stupid since weidman beat silva convincingly.

dillashaw showed that hes clearly the better fighter thus should be higher then barao p4p. I dont care about how well hes done in the past because right now hes not the best 135lbs fighter.

... still watching and caring about P4P rankings eh ..?

I'm telling you, once you ignore that nonsensical bullshit MMA becomes much more enjoyeable.

it seems to me people are thinking the p4p list is like a "who-has-the-better-legacy list". no, its whos the best fighter on the planet RIGHT NOW, pound for pound.

If Nadal loses to the #100 of the world tomorrow, then the previous #100 becomes #1 or nadal becomes #101? Rankings measure your results, not just your last fight.

pretty much what I was thinking. Your example is a bit harsh lol, but the point applies!

stupid imo.
if thats the case then silva should still be ahead of weidman because hes accomplished a lot more at 185. obviously this logic is stupid since weidman beat silva convincingly.

dillashaw showed that hes clearly the better fighter thus should be higher then barao p4p. I dont care about how well hes done in the past because right now hes not the best 135lbs fighter.

He hasn't fought the same amount of different style fighters and body types Renan has though, he may have beat him sure, but hasn't showed the consistancy against lots of different high level guys like Renan has, thats why the whole "better fighter" argument people make is too simplistic. Style makes fights, just because you beat a guy doesn't mean youve then beat the guys he has.

Last edited:
It makes sense, the way I see p4p is accomplishment based rankings, and Barao is more accomplished.

No its based on whose the top fighter if weight weren't an issue, thus the meaning of pound for pound, usually they base jt off accomplishments when comparing athletes from different weight classes, but its ridiculous to now say that Renan is a better fighter then TJ if weight werent an issue

Is it funnier that TJ owned him

Or that Barao literally weighs more lbs than him as he cut more weight. So not only did TJ own him with his skills but he weighs less p4p.

Back