Renan Barao is only 31!?

He was never that good....

Tell me 5 guys he beat.....I'll wait

6 words
Most overrated fighter of this Generation.
I'm a casual, I only know this guy because of that spinning kick KO.

He was never that good....

Tell me 5 guys he beat.....I'll wait

6 words
Most overrated fighter of this Generation.

There it is. With out fail you guys always show up. When a dude finally loses after years, quick to say he was always shit and never good and never beat nobody.

Name 5 guys he beat? Well, you could name like 30ish before he ran into TJ? Who is one of the best fighters in the world right now....

The same way that Nagano and Aldo are "only" 32.

He took years off his career cutting weight. It didn't help when TJ tore him up.

They'd be out-sized these days, but I feel like Barão (and/or Aldo) could have been just as good at 155 in the Frankie/Pettis/Bendo era.

One of the greatest to ever compete at BW, would like to see him get back on form but he's got too many miles on the clock

If you trust a Brazilian birth certificate...

People like to shit on Barao and refer to USADA, and of course he was juiced to the gills, but people also forget aging in the sport is more about mileage and accrued damage than age. Barao has been in 42 recorded pro fights, with a predominant Muay Thai style, and God knows how many amateur and underground fights in Brazil when he was coming up. He might be 31, but his body has sustained more damage than most modern era fighters. Time change. People have no sense of perspective about how much training has changed, and how much Barao has been through. Of course he is way past his prime, at 31.

Back