Renan Barao does his laundry out of a BATH TUB

Full of ignorance in this thread. Americans don't see to understand that some people simply prefer to hand wash laundry.

Why don't you point that accusatory stereotype elsewhere, killer. TS spelled it "defences." So good chance he's from a Commonwealth country--certainly not the US. Maybe he's one of those ignorant Canadians that don't understand some people prefer to hand wash their laundry.

What's wrong with saving all the money you can for few years, hard work few years and then enjoy it later in life,... read Bob Sapp story from yesterday, he got $10 Million, and now he don't need to fight anymore, smart move

true, but a lot of the money he earned was at the expense of his reputation. but yeah, that cash sure makes it easier to live with.

Barao makes next to nothing for a world class champion, and Dana does not dispute that. He simply says, essentially "Barao is not yet the star he should be."

The cold hard truth about MMA is a handful of guys make great money, and everyone else gets miserable pay commensurate with what they suffer and risk. It's a winner take all system where it's required to be popular.

Hopefully Barao can make a breakthrough, he's most certainly thrilling to watch.

Sure looks like a tub to me

2a4xxqo.jpg

Isnt a "bath tub" something used to take a bath in? That's something that is used only for washing clothes and other objects...maybe small dogs...

Why don't you point that accusatory stereotype elsewhere, killer. TS spelled it "defences." So good chance he's from a Commonwealth country--certainly not the US. Maybe he's one of those ignorant Canadians that don't understand some people prefer to hand wash their laundry.

tumblr_mlsd1oS6LF1ryzizgo1_500.gif

You'd still think that a champion with 3 defences, would be able to put in a washer and dryer where he's staying

At the shitty building near the gym where he stays? That shit would probably get stolen the first week in Rio.

It's clear the idiots asking why he can't afford a washing machine can't read, because he clearly says (In the same scene he washes his clothes) "You can't change your attitude because you're the champion. I've always kept my feet on the ground and I've never wanted to change."

Perhaps he simply doesn't understand how to operate them fancy washer machine contraptions

The comment and your AV got a hearty chuckle at my desk. Now I have to explain what is so funny, and it won't be funny when I try to explain it.

Absolutely.
I know tons of people that have it as a hobby, it is so much fun.

The clip was about how he tries to stay grounded which was why that was featured at all. He grew up doing it that way so he does it now to maintain the sort of attitude that got him to the top. It's not that he can't afford basic amenities, it's that he chooses the lifestyle he lives and that it is a humble one.

This is, kind of, uh, my kitchen. lmao Not the most eloquent guy or maybe just nervous.

11k/11k does that mayne, post a pic of his rusted out poverty vehicle. The ufc nuthuggers will defend it saying he makes more but have no proof other than hope. Dana whites #1 p4p does laundry 3rd world style while I wash and dry my clothes on an Electrolux w/steam, hurry up A level athletes.

It's clear the idiots asking why he can't afford a washing machine can't read, because he clearly says (In the same scene he washes his clothes) "You can't change your attitude because you're the champion. I've always kept my feet on the ground and I've never wanted to change."

We'll see if he still feels that way when he's a millionaire.

11k/11k does that mayne, post a pic of his rusted out poverty vehicle. The ufc nuthuggers will defend it saying he makes more but have no proof other than hope. Dana whites #1 p4p does laundry 3rd world style while I wash and dry my clothes on an Electrolux w/steam, hurru up A level athletes.

See my post directly above since you weren't able to comprehend the clip (or are attempting a troll job). You are an American that is probably too lazy to wash anything by hand, if you wash it at all. He is from Brazil and he does it that way by choice, not necessity, as is obvious by the context of the video.

It's just a small washing tank, not a bath tub.

He doesn't live there, he is just training and staying in that apartment because it's near the gym.

We'll see if he still feels that way when he's a millionaire.

He's close, if he hasn't already made more than a million $.

It's such an American mentality. Why do anything by hand when you can have a machine do it.

Back