Renan Barao does his laundry out of a BATH TUB

yeah, no one really knows what these guys get paid, but you're sure it's several hundred grand a year?

barao must feel pretty underpaid to be talking about it in public. here is his disclosed pay. but you're sure he's getting a few extra 100's of thousands in "back room bonuses", right??

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...in/renan-barao-ufc-fight-purse-breakdown.html

not knocking you, but anyone who uses MMA-Manifesto as a source for fighter pay is.....well lets say it's a shit source.

if you believe them then Hunt went from 6k/6k one fight, to 160K for his next fight. i somehow doubt this really happened.

Please tell me how that is anywhere near relevant to what I said? All these keyboard tards run around here pretending to know what fighters actually make, when in reality no one knows a damn thing.

But since I read through the article, he sounds like he has very reasonable expectations.

And Dana is correct in the regard that he is not a superstar nor a major ppv draw. Im not going to feel sorry for a guy making several hundred thousand a year to fight. If you dont like that pay then go get a regular job and see how easy those hundred thousand gigs come.

If no one knows how much he really gets paid, why are you saying he makes several hundred thousand?

What we DO know is he gets paid 11k to show, which is absolutely ridiculous. If he wins 3 times a year, thats only 66k. For a champion who's undefeated in the UFC.

Idk how anyone can defend this.

If no one knows how much he really gets paid, why are you saying he makes several hundred thousand?

What we DO know is he gets paid 11k to show, which is absolutely ridiculous. If he wins 3 times a year, thats only 66k. For a champion who's undefeated in the UFC.

His contract would have scaled up with wins though. We know he got paid 11k over two years ago. That is it.

yeah, no one really knows what these guys get paid, but you're sure it's several hundred grand a year?

barao must feel pretty underpaid to be talking about it in public. here is his disclosed pay. but you're sure he's getting a few extra 100's of thousands in "back room bonuses", right??

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...in/renan-barao-ufc-fight-purse-breakdown.html

Based on your info, we know he made 90k in 2011.

We know he made 116k in 2012.

Yep, Im quite confident in saying he making hundreds of thousands of dollars. And if he doesnt like what he is making he can go get a different job just like everyone else.

You got some inside info that we don't?

well just by every other fighter contract in the UFC increases 4-6K per fight, then it would actually be impossible for Barao to still be on 11K show 11K win seeing how he has won his last how many fights.

now we can state as fact he made 11K/11K at UFC 143 as Vegas releases fighter pay. now taking a normal contract he would most likely make

14/14 his next fight
17/17 his next
20/20 his next
24/24 his next

so he made at least 24/24 in his last fight......if you believe he got no raise becoming champ.

And you cared enough to respond. Anyways nothing personal just, everyone and their mother on the internet says "Dat xxx"

Just getting old... sorry i quoted you.

No worries and it's cool, haha.

wrong...see my previous post.

Skip to 6:34

[YT]ZtdnNZV52pQ[/YT]

I've generally defended fighter pay, but wow. Get this man a washer and dryer

Doesn't he say in the video that he likes to 'keep it simple so that he stays hungry'? As in, he lives in a 1 room efficiency and washes his own clothes by hand to stay motivated.

These poor fighters.

No worries and it's cool, haha.

Haha, yeah what's the internet without a little flaming of your fellow man. It does us all a little good... lol. (kinda why i like sherdog sometimes lol... bring it!) :D

People are going to be shocked when they see his pay is only like 80k/80k

Based on your info, we know he made 90k in 2011.

We know he made 116k in 2012.

Yep, Im quite confident in saying he making hundreds of thousands of dollars. And if he doesnt like what he is making he can go get a different job just like everyone else.

:icon_lol:

the sheer hyopcrisy

You make like 7$ an hour at mcdonalds, does your cousin live in a campsite with just a tent and his washer and drier? Because you aren't gonna get anywhere on that...

Its 8 now in my bro!!!!!

Yeah probably bought the campsite a washer and dryer lol

People are going to be shocked when they see his pay is only like 80k/80k

shocked good or shocked bad?

80/80 is about what i expect him to be on. As i stated earlier, i think this is 5-10x under what he should get. But about on par with what most at that weight do get.

Aldo is 120/120 + points
Frankie 120/120 + points
Benson 100/100 + points

hopefully he gets PPV Points on his next contract.

Lol? Where's the bath tub?

Sure looks like a tub to me

2a4xxqo.jpg

When I was little washing machines would work even when open and I would stare at them.

Back