Renan Barao does his laundry out of a BATH TUB

I don't think he's making anywhere near that much. I'm positive he's making much much more than 22k but these undisclosed bonuses are not for ten bazillion dollars man. Some fighters [even right after great JUST BLEED performances] have said it's "whatever Dana has in his pockets"

on topic: he's away from home. I think he's just smart and isnt all "i have cash now, time to throw it away by living like a douche" so he's staying in a cheap place.

The fact is that 22k is a really , really low base , especially for a champion.

Yeah, people don't buy his PPVs , but come on , 22k ? Give him 100k+ ffs .

3.5 Billion company MY ASS

am i the only one who was amazed at his clothelines, i would love to pull that string myself

I agree 100% a clause that stated all champions make atleast xK and exceed that based upon number of fights [as is atypical of any combat sport pay structure unless you're a mega star like Lesnar]

That would be the start to dispelling fighter pay arguments since people cant point to renan and say "22k? really?" and it's much better than just saying "disclosed bonuses" which are controversial since they're never declared and some fighters say they arent much anyway.

Did you even read the text though. They show him doing that while he talks about the importance of not letting success change you.

I did, but not letting success change you doesn't mean that you have to wash your clothes in a bath tub and hang them from the ceiling to dry like you used to when you were poor.

Yeah, people don't buy his PPVs , but come on , 22k ? Give him 100k+ ffs .

3.5 Billion company MY ASS

He signed the contract when he was a 24 years old kid who's just happy to be in the UFC and in America! He SIGNED THE CONTRACT! He deserves to be paid nothing cause he signed that contract!!!

look if you want to rip Zuffa for shit pay....just do it. no need to make shit up like this thread.

this. yo TS, fucking this.

Feel free to go through my posts. I've said in numerous threads that guys in the UFC get paid really well for how little that they actually "work" as compared to other sports, and that they're free to work as often as they want if they want more money as all it takes is signing the dotted line.

I did, but not letting success change you doesn't mean that you have to wash your clothes in a bath tub and hang them from the ceiling to dry like you used to when you were poor.

But that is exactly what he makes it clear that it means to him to "keep his feet on the ground".

he should wear rubber gloves at least... this washing powder stuff is not good for your skin.

Fighter pay complaints incoming

He doesnt live there, he goes there to finish camp.

Also note "Ive always kept my feet on the ground and never wanted to change."

The dude is easily making more then 50k per fight, has won several OTN bonuses. He will have probably made 100k-150k by May...

People that make a lot less can afford a washer. This is his choice and hell maybe it saves him money down the line, not a bad call.

People really need to stop with this fighter pay shit and pretending to know how much they actually get.

Josh Koscheck has a mansion and Ferraris for fucks sake.

^this

I agree 100% a clause that stated all champions make atleast xK and exceed that based upon number of fights [as is atypical of any combat sport pay structure unless you're a mega star like Lesnar]

That would be the start to dispelling fighter pay arguments since people cant point to renan and say "22k? really?" and it's much better than just saying "disclosed bonuses" which are controversial since they're never declared and some fighters say they arent much anyway.

I hear taxes in brazil are ridiculous. Maybe Renan had some lawyers work with the UFC to structure a contract that discloses a lower pay to avoid taxes. I dont know but neither do most of you.

Skip to 6:34

[YT]ZtdnNZV52pQ[/YT]

I've generally defended fighter pay, but wow. Get this man a washer and dryer

Simple ... learn English ... market yourself better ... generate at least 400k PPV buys or more.

Money doesn't grow on trees.

There is a a legit reason why Chael Sonnen gets paid more than Barao and Aldo.

Lol. Seeing as my cousin who works at McDonalds can afford a washer and dryer, and Renan makes more than he makes in a year in one fight, I'm not thinking this is related to fighter pay.

You make like 7$ an hour at mcdonalds, does your cousin live in a campsite with just a tent and his washer and drier? Because you aren't gonna get anywhere on that...

Feel free to go through my posts. I've said in numerous threads that guys in the UFC get paid really well for how little that they actually "work" as compared to other sports, and that they're free to work as often as they want if they want more money as all it takes is signing the dotted line.

well my point was, the premise that his pay is so low he can't afford a washing machine is ridiculous. even if you believe he only makes 22K per fight (he makes more) he still makes more than enough to be able to afford a washing machine.....unless in Brazil they cost 20 times what they cost in most countries in the world.

so again rip Zuffa all you want, just don't use a sequence from a promo video as proof of bad pay....especially when he says in the text that he keeps doing the same things he used to do to keep himself grounded.

he was complaining about his contract earlier this year because he doesnt get ppv points, infact no one in his division does besides faber

when he renegotiates his new contract with ufc hopefully they force him to learn english. it would help his income a lot

Back