Renan Barao deserves an immediate rematch. Yay or Nay?

SL9

Believe
Reaction score
What say you Sherdog?

I'll say no way, if TJ had finished him in the first after that knockdown then maybe there would be more of a case for it. Even so I think I'd be harsh on TJ.

ofc not, he just got destroyed by 5 rounds, funny but just like jds whos in nova uniao now

maybe jds taught his technique of getting beaten up in 5 rounds

Absolutely not. He got dominated for 5 rounds and finished, this wasn't a close or controversial decision.

Not a chance. He needs to work his way back to a rematch.

The fuck? Hell no, he got fucked up for 4 1/2 rounds than TKO'ed. If it was close or an early finish than maybe. But TJ outclassed him for 25 minutes.

Listening to some of the scrum it appears Dana likes the idea...

Big Barao fan but he needs to get a moral boost by winning a fight or 2 first.

I found it amusing that in the countdown Barao or Pederneiras was saying how Nova Uniao is so packed with fighters that they have to fight in close quarters and how that will be TJ's downfall.

But then TJ uses the entire cage and cuts angles and uses footwork to beat him up. Maybe NU will be adding space to their building now.

To answer your question. No. He got outclassed. He can work his way up with 2 wins.

Eh.. im not a fan of immediate rematches. Unless they are somewhat controversial, they shouldnt ever do them.

NAY

that was the Bantamweight equivalent of Cain vs. JDS 2

Nay - it was a one sided beating and TJ was swinging the hammer.

Back